Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2015, 09:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Got a V Curve For the 750mx 600?

I gave it my best shot, but I can't get the CC governor where I want it with the 14:118 gearing. So I'll have to wait for someone to make a 15T. I know Align has a 16T for the new 550L. But I think that would amp up the ESC too much. And just not quite right anyway.

So I'm back to V curves for awhile. I know that the 750mx can chew up the drivetrain so I wondered if anyone has a tried and trued, tested V curve that works good?

If someone can tell me how deep of a V curve they went with and the gears survived, I'll feel more confident tuning this thing. Thanks.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2015, 11:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

possibly really shallow V like 95-90-95? or 90-85-90? remember we tried a deep one on mine and the motor was kicking hard so that's not good for you. Maybe you can get by on a Flat because of how much power you have.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well I figured I would start flat... with idle one.. and put a slight V curve on idle two. Like 92 91 90 91 92

I'm scared of this motor destroying my gears so I think patience will pay off. When I built my first 600, I used 100 95 90 95 100. This is not even close to as deep as what is in the manual.
This V curve left white stress marks on my gears.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea that might work. Lmk how it goes.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew it today at 2500 RPM with a 93 92 91 92 93 V Curve. I was very surprised how "goverened" it actually felt. Loops were very consistent and the helicopter all around ran cleaner and stronger.

The mysterious tail looseness was gone from mobius flips and hot damn, this thing just hauls the mail. The CC governor blows on the stock gearing. It just never gets a good lock and is always doing something weird. Surging, chirping, tail kicking, bogging or something. I"m not bagging on CC governors. It just needs different gearing. I have the CC governor working perfect on my 450L.

Posted my V curve Versus Governor log.. and the natural 12s power curve is pretty impressive. It keeps the RPM nearly the same as a whole through out the flight. I'll keep working on fine tuning the little ups and downs. But it didn't drop any deeper rpms... it just didn't hold it as tight.

All in all... on this gearing... the V curve destroys the governor and cleans up the behavior of the tail. I also ran it at the same RPM as the governor was set... and it performed so much better there as well.

Also amazing-
2380 rpm Governed got a 4 minute flight with 3.8
2500 rpm V curve got a 4 minute flight with 3.78

Peak amperage was a mere 102 amps and it was overwhelmingly powerful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	750mx 93 92 91 92 93 V Curve.PNG
Views:	90
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	586884   Click image for larger version

Name:	750mx CC Governed 14T Pinion.PNG
Views:	87
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	586885  

Last edited by RC/DC_5000; 05-20-2015 at 04:38 PM..
Old 05-20-2015, 03:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 750 MX in its Prime

ALIGN 750MX MOTOR test flight (4 min 13 sec)
Old 05-20-2015, 09:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC/DC_5000 View Post
Flew it today at 2500 RPM with a 93 92 91 92 93 V Curve. I was very surprised how "goverened" it actually felt. Loops were very consistent and the helicopter all around ran cleaner and stronger.

The mysterious tail looseness was gone from mobius flips and hot damn, this thing just hauls the mail. The CC governor blows on the stock gearing. It just never gets a good lock and is always doing something weird. Surging, chirping, tail kicking, bogging or something. I"m not bagging on CC governors. It just needs different gearing. I have the CC governor working perfect on my 450L.

Posted my V curve Versus Governor log.. and the natural 12s power curve is pretty impressive. It keeps the RPM nearly the same as a whole through out the flight. I'll keep working on fine tuning the little ups and downs. But it didn't drop any deeper rpms... it just didn't hold it as tight.

All in all... on this gearing... the V curve destroys the governor and cleans up the behavior of the tail. I also ran it at the same RPM as the governor was set... and it performed so much better there as well.

Also amazing-
2380 rpm Governed got a 4 minute flight with 3.8
2500 rpm V curve got a 4 minute flight with 3.78

Peak amperage was a mere 102 amps and it was overwhelmingly powerful.
I gotta see this. Saturday!!! I think you found the right setup. I had all the same gov issues when I was running the 13T pinion with the kde 112 main gear. I since turned it off and went down a tooth to 12T and no problems since. It runs cooler too. Same results as you recently found out.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep. I got my charger back too. So I'm in 40 amp heaven. I was stuck at 2.2 amps for two weeks! That was miserable.

For sure though, the throttle V curve really shows off this motor. Its pretty ballistic. V Curve can be so mean and powerful when dialed in.

Now when I slam the collective, the 600 snaps and rockets up in the air with the tail as locked as could possibly be. The governor made the tail weird no matter where I set it. Much for fun to fly it.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

make sure you bring your battery clips so we can field charge. Bring food too so you don't have to go home! I will probably be flying until about 3 ish.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My new charger... fresh from the box.. was faulty. I had to send it back. I think I'm going to return it and get the Reaktor Charger from Turnigy. The Reaktor can do 10 cells, IR, and seems better overall.

Can you calibrate the voltage with that charger? I don't mean end voltage. I mean adjust the charger to display actual real life voltage?

We're going to the fun fly tomorrow instead. Come out. BK, Szabo, and a lot of other pros will probably be there. The weather was cloudy today and but tomorrow is likely the clearest day of the weekend.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was thinking about it but i'd rather fly than watch them all day.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC/DC_5000 View Post
My new charger... fresh from the box.. was faulty. I had to send it back. I think I'm going to return it and get the Reaktor Charger from Turnigy. The Reaktor can do 10 cells, IR, and seems better overall.

Can you calibrate the voltage with that charger? I don't mean end voltage. I mean adjust the charger to display actual real life voltage?

We're going to the fun fly tomorrow instead. Come out. BK, Szabo, and a lot of other pros will probably be there. The weather was cloudy today and but tomorrow is likely the clearest day of the weekend.
Its an icharger basically so yes to everything.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool. Yea I'm really wanting the Reaktor charger for sure. I love the features and with the awesome Turnigy batteries I've had so far, I'm pretty impressed with their products lately.

Love the calibration part. I hate to read a charger voltage that I know is half a volt off. And you you can't adjust it to be correct. Thats really pretty worthless.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It is very odd to me how you achieved so consistent headspeed throught the flight with just v curves. I mean, as the flight approaches the end, the HS should drop due to voltage dropping. But in your logs, it is really like you are running a good gov. Great work finding the best settings.

Have you thought about running external gov some time? You may find that you get consistent headspeed but without all the negatives of the CC internal gov.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2015, 09:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

What were you doing in those logs? Were they pitch pumps? That does look pretty good that the rpm stayed constant from start to end.

Did you make a mistake on the gear ratio for that second pic? Its not 1:8.4
Old 05-23-2015, 09:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea I was flying it for sure. The V curve is a lot more fun and makes you want to pop and smack it.

I was also pretty impressed by how it held RPM. Pretty impressive motor really. It even felt similar at the end of the flight. I'm landing with 3.75 so perhaps if I wore the batteries down more, you'd see a bigger rpm drop.

Yea good catch on the gear ratio. Probably when I flipped over the Endpoints, I forgot to set the gear ratio again. I'll double check. Thanks.

I definitely want to get the Vbar Neo to use ext governor mode.. keep getting good advise to do so too :-)
Old 05-23-2015, 10:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

yea it was cool the people there were nice. I really liked that 12s 550 and it gives me a lot of ideas for the future
Old 07-08-2015, 03:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

After pushing the 750mx V curve more and more- I found that it really is at its limit with a V curve that goes up one, then up three percent from center. Like this 93 91 90 91 93.

What I found is that if you go any deeper- the monster 750mx will yank the helicopter so hard- that the cyclic will bobble and look pretty scary. This V curve holds rpm pretty well, is very powerful, and allows you to maximize gear pinion leverage and max RPM. Small pinion and nearly wide open ESC.

I've been flying it big air 3D with this Vcurve and always check my TT gears after every day of flying. They still look good and I have no worries anymore about the V curve.

This thing runs insanely well without a governor- I'd even consider keeping the V curve after someone makes the 15T pinion to get the CC governor to work right.

I have the 450L governed perfectly and fly the non governed 600 right afterwards. They are remarkably close in feel. Except the 600 will be 6 blocks away before you can blink. Its stupid fast.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in