Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 550X

Blade 550X Blade 550X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default logo 500/550sx vs 550x

can anyone compare the two? these helis are the same size (blade wise, not sure about actual size next to each other) and i think would be a much fairer comparison then goblin vs 550x (two different sized helis)

myself personally i think the logo 500 super combo ($1000~ complete with servos, v-bar, motor, esc and 520mm blades) is amazing value for such a high quality kit. can easily take 553 edge blades im pretty sure with no mods, and the 550sx already comes with 553 blades, although is a bit more expensive (same combo looks to be around $1300-1400 according to readyheli)
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You realize (but I guess not) that people who have the logo most likely--no lets make that absolute-- do not have the Blade 550X. And vice versa.

So why ask these idiotic questions?

All you will get will be biased answers form both groups, but most likely the logo people because there just aren't that many Blade 550X people.

Add to that that Blade customers, for better or worse, typically are not people who have been in the hobby long.

But you will get answers from the "I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express" people ( you have to live in the USA to understand that reference I bet! . These are guys that just bought another heli, and for some reason, that makes them instantaneous experts.

As if that matters.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahahn View Post
You realize (but I guess not) that people who have the logo most likely--no lets make that absolute-- do not have the Blade 550X. And vice versa.
because like the goblin vs 550x thread, someone here with a 550x most likely flies at a club where there is a logo 500 or 550sx and can do the comparison this way.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Allen_H is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Personally I'd go with the Logo. It a proven heli that get very few complaints, quite the opposite actually. Most owners praise Logos for flying very well.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahahn View Post

So why ask these idiotic questions?

All you will get will be biased answers form both groups, but most likely the logo people because there just aren't that many Blade 550X people.

Add to that that Blade customers, for better or worse, typically are not people who have been in the hobby long.

But you will get answers from the "I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express" people ( you have to live in the USA to understand that reference I bet! . These are guys that just bought another heli, and for some reason, that makes them instantaneous experts.

As if that matters.
How's your 550X/500X/450X doing?.........
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOOO WEEE that logo was nice killer deal to i have a 450x and that the last blade i will ever buy movein on uppp ...to a logo yeee
Old 03-28-2013, 05:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah i love the look of the 550sx, but i'd probably go the logo 500 super combo and upgrade components later to 550sx to save the initial setup cost.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

You almost never hear much bad about Logo helis (maybe a little about the 400's tail), seems that everyone that owns one is very happy with them. You've definitely made a good choice.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
You've definitely made a good choice.
i wouldnt say ive made a choice until the heli is in my hands
Old 03-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

True story
Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Atom 550 stock with Gens Ace 4000 mah, 5 minutes plus of 3D:

[ame]http://youtu.be/AAx68xRXbC4[/ame]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_H View Post

Old 03-29-2013, 03:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclo View Post
Atom 550 stock with Gens Ace 4000 mah, 5 minutes plus of 3D:
nice! sounds kinda quiet too like the logo, does it have slanted gears or protos type setup? kits seem fairly cheap too, but local product support here appears very poor
Old 03-29-2013, 03:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundydeity View Post
nice! sounds kinda quiet too like the logo, does it have slanted gears or protos type setup? kits seem fairly cheap too, but local product support here appears very poor
It has straight cut gears not helical. Yes it is quiet... in fact at 100% throttle on my 5.5, it is quieter than my 450X.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Just get the logo ; ) It sounds like you've made up your mind!

If you're like me, I suspect you won't be happy otherwise!

I always wanted a protos and I was never quite satisfied till I got one. Can't explain it.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
Just get the logo ; ) It sounds like you've made up your mind!

If you're like me, I suspect you won't be happy otherwise!

I always wanted a protos and I was never quite satisfied till I got one. Can't explain it.
i know what your saying, but truth be told, id also like to try a 500x, goblin 500 and 630, protos 500 and mini, and if could go that far id also try the X5 and atom 5.5 (probably atom first, seems quieter)
thats just listing a few off the top on my head
unfortunately i can only pick one at the moment and thats why i dont trust my decision anymore until the heli is in my hands, i can just never make up my mind
Old 03-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
i know what your saying, but truth be told, id also like to try a 500x, goblin 500 and 630, protos 500 and mini, and if could go that far id also try the X5 and atom 5.5 (probably atom first, seems quieter)
thats just listing a few off the top on my head
unfortunately i can only pick one at the moment and thats why i dont trust my decision anymore until the heli is in my hands, i can just never make up my mind
The only difference between the Atom 500 and the 5.5 is blade length and tail boom length. The drivetrain and everything else is the same. I have a video on YouTube (username also Mojappa) of me flying my 5.5 if you wanna compare. Really happy with it.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
The only difference between the Atom 500 and the 5.5 is blade length and tail boom length. The drivetrain and everything else is the same. I have a video on YouTube (username also Mojappa) of me flying my 5.5 if you wanna compare. Really happy with it.
That's a nice big flying field you got there Mojappa... nice flying!

Yes the 500 can easily be stretched to a 5.5 (515mm blades) by getting the stretch kit that includes the longer blades (515mm), longer and thicker boom, and a longer belt. Once stretched it adds only around 120 grams to the stock Atom. My stock Atom 500 weighs around 1500 grams and the 5.5 weighs 1620 grams batteries not included. The stretched 5.5 flies very differently than the stock 500... more floaty, more hyper (when using the same 3300 mah lipo), flying it is like flying in a sim. I flew the 5.5 last weekend and the 500 this morning... I can't decide which I like better

The Atom is a very underrated heli IMHO and despite the fact that it has been around longer than most it can still fly with the best. Being around for a while means that it has already been battle tested... no chance of the pilot becoming a beta tester with this heli.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

You guys that try to sell any heli saying it is better than the 550x when you have not even flown the 550x, or in some cases any of the other ones really make me laugh, lol! If I wanted to find out about the +/-'s of these heli's I'd go look at the relevant HC sub-forum, or better yet find and maybe fly some local examples.

I have owned and flown lots of Logo heli's over the past +10 years, In fact my first big heli was a Logo 20 run on 20-24C 2400 nicads. I'll never buy another plastic framed, plastic main/tail grips, belt driven 550 or larger heli. The Logo550x does comes with a counter-bearing motor mount but right now only the Mikado/Scorpion motor fits because of its 30mm spacing.

Compass heli;s have not been very good sellers down-under but I have flow a couple and they are ok but not outstanding. The new fbl one's with DFC heads (direct main grip to swash, no swashplate) are a silly design that I will never buy into, including the Align DFC heli's btw. At least the compass DFC has a bit of flex in this link, but it is still a poor design imho.

I an a lot more likely to buy a 550x than either of these heli's.

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Could you please post some links to show the Compass head's issues? It seems that since other companies have tried to copy it and had less than stellar results that people lump all "DFC" heads together. I agree this shoud be in the main forum but the end result would've been the same. The Blade is an unproven heli with very little user feedback, the Logo is a very proven heli with very good reviews.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in