Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 200SRX

200SRX Blade 200SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 02:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 200SRX Opinions

Let's hear your thoughts on the Blade 200SRX

I think it is a great model to introduce a SAFE.

This will be my recommendation for new heli pilots.
PawnDMonium is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2014, 02:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't believe it is fixed pitch. Did I mention I can't believe it is fixed pitch?

Anyway I like the 300cfx but really wish it was a little more powerful but that's ok cuz I'm cool with modding and a good frame leaves us great possibilities.

Unrelated but I'm glad and interested that blade entered the brushless gimbal market. I personally am not interested in RTF multirotors but am flat to see competition and enhancement in BLG technology.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny View Post
Let's hear your thoughts on the Blade 200SRX

I think it is a great model to introduce a SAFE.

This will be my recommendation for new heli pilots.
While I think Blade may have scored with the 300CFX, and I wish them well here, I think a heli like the 200SRX should be decapitated, have a stake driven through its heart, burned at the stake and then nuked from orbit as it's the only way to be sure...

I mean, what were they thinking? There's nqx, 180qx...

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 02:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
While I think Blade may have scored with the 300CFX, and I wish them well here, I think a heli like the 200SRX should be decapitated, have a stake driven through its heart, burned at the stake and then nuked from orbit as it's the only way to be sure...

Haha, tell us how you really feel about the 200.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I see a lot of Helifreaks whine about quads

This will allow them a trainer to recommend to news that is not a quad.

Also being the first SAFE equipped heli will allow BLADE to find problems that they can refine before they release it on a CP heli.
PawnDMonium is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 02:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I was just starting it's what I would get. Simple as that. Not much good for someone whose been flying a while.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

As much as I want everything to be a hot 3d CP machine, I appreciate stuff like this to help people get in the hobby. Now maybe I can recommend a heli instead of a quad.

It's easy to forget that we are a vocal minority and there are many many people that just want to buy a heli at the shop and cruise it around a gym. This one will make that crowd very happy I think.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I suppose there will be HH support but still, quads are so good and cheap these days it's hard to justify this heli. Just imho. Real hard.

BTW just for the lols I recently got myself my first "plank".

Xinxun X32 4 Channel RC Stealth Bomber Quadcopter (5 min 11 sec)

I realise I am buying cheap ... junk... here, but for 70 bucks shipped down under she flew really well, suitable for the less aggressive gym flyers. No HH backing though, you break it you figure out yourself how to fix it. And like the vid, it needed trimming.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Really wanted to see a SAFE equipped CP heli... fixed pitch stuff was such a PITA.

Edit: Just watched the video and that ain't no mSR!

200 SR X RTF & BNF by BLADE (1 min 51 sec)
Aerial pics at http://foosyou.imgur.com
FoosYou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 04:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

+1 !!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

What were they thinking?

They are probably thinking of the millions who cannot and do not wish to fly CP, but want to simply fly...

Did you say the same thing at the introduction of the Blade Scout?

There is no FP beyond the mSRX, which is now discontinued...and the 200 will be welcomed by the 120SR fans as a great upgrade.

As for Me...even though I personally own more than a dozen CP heli's and 4 quads...I'll get the first 200SRX sold at My LHS
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 05:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
Only because it was 3 channel ; ) With an oddball stick layout.

For the record, I bought an NQX for my kid and it's my first recommendation since a newbie can practice in their living room without much fear of aircraft destruction and collateral damage.

And there's room to grow with an NQX.

And it's cheap.

How much is this DBL+FBL slightly-larger-120SR?

Would it make more sense to buy a 180QX or 200QX for outdoor use?

I think so.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

The more I think about it the 200 is a great idea. It will bring plenty to the hobby without having to suffer the flying bathtub behavior of flybared fixed pitch. It will be a great orientation and circuit trainer. It can piro. It won't cannibalize the current CP offerings. Hopefully people and hobby shops will stop peddling quads as learning tools. Many of those new pilots stay with quads ignorant about how lame they are! (Just being provocative there sorry)

The 200 also makes me more suspicious that Blade is somewhat exiting the Micro market. The 200 is pretty big and will get new pilots on a progression toward the 300 instead of downward to the micro CPs.
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 07:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hopefully this will be able to fly in a decent amount of wind outside..I remember the 120sr and it almost got blown away..we'll wait and see..it looks like they did a decent job.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeliDude View Post
I can't believe it is fixed pitch. Did I mention I can't believe it is fixed pitch?

Anyway I like the 300cfx but really wish it was a little more powerful but that's ok cuz I'm cool with modding and a good frame leaves us great possibilities.

Unrelated but I'm glad and interested that blade entered the brushless gimbal market. I personally am not interested in RTF multirotors but am flat to see competition and enhancement in BLG technology.
The 200 SRX is designed for beginners and for A LOT of people who don't care about 3d flying. Trust me when I say there are a lot more of these people than 3d pilots.

The 300 CFX has plenty of power, did you watch the video??

Quote:
I suppose there will be HH support but still, quads are so good and cheap these days it's hard to justify this heli. Just imho. Real hard.

BTW just for the lols I recently got myself my first "plank".

Xinxun X32 4 Channel RC Stealth Bomber Quadcopter - YouTube

I realise I am buying cheap ... junk... here, but for 70 bucks shipped down under she flew really well, suitable for the less aggressive gym flyers. No HH backing though, you break it you figure out yourself how to fix it. And like the vid, it needed trimming.
There are people who are uninterested in learning on Quads. The 200 SRX is for those people Isn't it great to have choices??

Quote:
What were they thinking?

They are probably thinking of the millions who cannot and do not wish to fly CP, but want to simply fly...

There is no FP beyond the mSRX, which is now discontinued...and the 200 will be welcomed by the 120SR fans as a great upgrade.

As for Me...even though I personally own more than a dozen CP heli's and 4 quads...I'll get the first 200SRX sold at My LHS
This. (but the 120SR is still available, though it is flybarred.)
Old 01-29-2014, 07:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
The 200 SRX is designed for beginners and for A LOT of people who don't care about 3d flying. Trust me when I say there are a lot more of these people than 3d pilots.

The 300 CFX has plenty of power, did you watch the video??

There are people who are uninterested in learning on Quads. The 200 SRX is for those people Isn't it great to have choices??

This. (but the 120SR is still available, though it is flybarred.)
Brian, you guys are really working hard to step up your game! Even though the 200 is FP, does it have enough power to pull off a loop in expert mode? If not, does the ESC have enough headroom to upgrade the motor? I love the double brushless solution and the solid piros in the video.
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 07:58 AM   #17 (permalink)

I wish that 200 srx was out when I first started. I started with an mcpx and I think I would have progressed faster with the SAFE equipped 20 srx.
TheVortex3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 08:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
What's up Brian!!!!

I'm supposed to be in bed with a cold but I'm drawn to this excitement like a moth to a flame lol...

Grats on the 300CFX, I'm almost definitely getting one even with the markup here. Beauty!

This 200SRX though.. I dunno. Well I hope you guys really do well on the overall, looks like lots of new toys in Germany but I won't hide my feellings and reservations about this which I think will be a turkey.

I hope for yourselves it isn't because it would mean a lot of waste ... And above all else, I think I am guilty of a lot of idleness and wastage... time... money....

... but remember what I said about the CX4. This SRX now is brushless which is good news, and does appear to be original. (Did we ever get to the bottom of that CX4 question, eh Dave?)

Quote:
The world is changed
I feel it in the water
I feel it in the earth
I smell it in the air
much that was once was is lost
for none now live who remember it....
I think, like the flybar, the time of FP single rotors/coaxes is been and gone.... Now is the dawn of the age of the (cheap) quads and FBL... I would like to believe I am wrong but we shall see...

Old 01-29-2014, 08:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm also liking the rotary servos and correct AR geometry on the swash plate! Man this SAFE/BL combo would be great on a sub-micro sized like the nano CPX, especially if there were some scale bodies offered! I wouldn't even mind if it had a brushed tail motor and FP...
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 08:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
What were they thinking?

This! What an awesome heli. Flybarless? Panic recovery? Where was this in FP when I started My 120SR is fun, but it just got mothballed. This will be my new stress-free banger. The 300CFX will be my challenge heli. Great job Blade on both new heli's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in