Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis

Thunder Tiger Electric Helis Mini Titan E325, Raptor E550 and E620 SE Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeh, me too. Cant understand the problem.

My homemade fbl mt head with the longer arms didnt work so well. I got sticky pitch control and was difficult to hover accurately. I had replaced all the bearings too.

I even emailed tt but got no promise date for the release.

Nick
nickyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012, 04:39 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great Planes distributing never returned my call, and I havent tried to call again. I will probably try again on monday, been working a lot of hours here lately. If anybody wants to try contacting them the email address is: productsupport@greatplanes.com I tried to email them but could not get the email to go through.

Great Planes phone number is: 217-398-8970 Make sure to post your findings if you have better luck contacting them than I did!
Jr Vibe 50, Beastx, all Futaba servos OS55hz, Hatori sab 50, Radix
Punkin71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #83 (permalink)

For those in the UK, I emailed Fast Lads about this head, and sent them the picture.
They've replied:

"We will be getting these once they are available but we don't have a date for them at the moment."

So even the LHSs haven't got dates, but at least when this head comes out, I now know at least one place will be stocking it.
B335 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 02:37 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

In a german forum was the information that the MiniTitan Fbl will be availabe in march. The info came from a visitor of the nuremberg toy fair.
OGroeger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyd View Post
Yeh, me too. Cant understand the problem.

My homemade fbl mt head with the longer arms didnt work so well. I got sticky pitch control and was difficult to hover accurately. I had replaced all the bearings too.

I even emailed tt but got no promise date for the release.

Nick
Can you tell me if the geometry came out right with the long arms? If you used beast x did you get the blue light at 6 deegres and the blue light at cyclic limit? And finally did you try the the other method with all the links and arms and was it better? I want to try converting my stock head into fbl and want to know which conversion to try.

Last edited by helicopter1; 02-07-2012 at 03:45 PM..
helicopter1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #86 (permalink)

I don't think anyone's managed to get a satisfactory conversion out of the stock head.

The only real option is an aftermarket head like RJX etc (and get good with your Dremel on the main shaft) or wait (like I am) for the TT fbl head.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

My home made head with the longer arms didnt work. I suspect I had damaged the head drilling it .

If you use the stock MT head with either direct links or non-direct links for FBL it works fine. I use the sk720.
I prefer the direct links as theres less to repair / come loose.

Nick
Old 02-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #88 (permalink)

There's a good write-up here of someone who used a stock tt head and converted it to fbl and claimed it worked. Didn't work for me, but I guess success depends on what e-stab you use.
http://www.raptortechnique.com/mini-titan/index.html

Old 02-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

nice one bb335. never seen this version before.

my direct links work for me from swash to head with the skookum.

Cheers,

Nick
Old 02-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by B335 View Post
I don't think anyone's managed to get a satisfactory conversion out of the stock head.

The only real option is an aftermarket head like RJX etc (and get good with your Dremel on the main shaft) or wait (like I am) for the TT fbl head.
What do you mean by getting good with the dremel on the main shaft? I have a clone rjx fbl head from hobby king and I did not notice anything that had to be dremeled.

And when you say the fbl converion did not work for you what do you mean? Which one did you try the one with the less parts count or the one you posted in the the link?
Old 02-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #91 (permalink)

Some heads don't fit the TT main shaft unless you dremel a bit off the top of the mainshaft apparently. Otherwise the jesus bolt hole in the mainshaft won't line up with the aftermarket heads. As far as I'm aware there isn't a straight drop-in head for the MT. This is why I'm waiting for the correct TT head to be released, as I ain't a fan of dremeling.

I tried the fbl conversion in the link, and found it far too twitchy for my liking.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyd View Post
my direct links work for me from swash to head with the skookum.
Yes, you're kinda using the Rolls Royce of e-stab, so I'd expect just about anything from the 720.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by B335 View Post
Some heads don't fit the TT main shaft unless you dremel a bit off the top of the mainshaft apparently. Otherwise the jesus bolt hole in the mainshaft won't line up with the aftermarket heads. As far as I'm aware there isn't a straight drop-in head for the MT. This is why I'm waiting for the correct TT head to be released, as I ain't a fan of dremeling.

I tried the fbl conversion in the link, and found it far too twitchy for my liking.
Ohh, and I thought that I had missed something when I put the clone rjx head. Any way the rjx head is a drop fit and I got the geometry right very easily.

The reason I am asking about the stock head is that I have some parts laying around and if it worked well I would not mind trying the cheap way. Also I flew someone elses converted stock head and I also felt it was very twitchy and thought that his set up was not right or his 3gx was not set up right.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter1 View Post
Ohh, and I thought that I had missed something when I put the clone rjx head. Any way the rjx head is a drop fit and I got the geometry right very easily.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=333341
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=344060

Maybe you got lucky. I've lost count of the times I've read of a/market heads needing either dremeling or shims added to the top of the mainshaft. That's the reason none of my MTs are fbl yet.
When the TT fbl head comes out - guaranteed to fit without work/shims/dremel/luck - then count me in.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just tried website of TT distributor in Malaysia and they don't have MT FBL kit on the website either.
However i got my X50 yesterday and they did pack printed catalogue of TT stuff with it and on the page 3 there is FBL kit. They feature V2 FBL edition and also state that FBL kit can come as stand alone upgrade.

I will give them a call on monday and ask about this.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:06 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok so i called distributor of TT and he said conversion FBL kit is not available. V2 FBL kit is not available either.
What's more is that according to him Thunder Tiger currently does not have production plans for neither of these. Ofc he couldn't give me estimate price either. So it's more waiting i am afraid...
Old 02-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Just maidened my Mini Titan with Tarot FBL head & gyro. I'm running low head speed and thats probably why its bobing. Using a 2750Kv motor with 12t pinion. I flew for 5min and had 11.8 volts left so I'm thinking 9 or 10mins posible on one battrey.
I'm trying to slow it down the whole video in that small area. Sorry, no 3D, havn't got that far yet.
http://youtu.be/QPCWdKKGXqs
Remember 335? I put that Tarot FBL head on and is a direct fit. I know it doesn't cost enough but it sure works good with the ZYX gyro. I guess I got lucky too
barnstorm100 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 04:06 AM   #98 (permalink)

Maybe you did.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

might be a pricey option but if the rave 450 flybar head fits on the MT wouldn't the FBL head fit too?
Elgyn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KouDy View Post
What's more is that according to him Thunder Tiger currently does not have production plans for neither of these.
That's sorta my thoughts too. If TT were bringing out a fbl head, they'd've done it by now.

As so many MT owners have already gone fbl with aftermarket heads/botch jobs, why would they suddenly want to spend out on a TT fbl head?
Personally, I think TT's missed the boat on this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in