Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was looking to get some of these EXI-Pro-3352 http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-pro-33...ProductReviews .......... BUT have seen a few people say they are breaking a part during flight. Now im still learning so im not pushing them to any limit but still dont want to have a blade failure. Anyone have any issues with these??
pwgsx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

These are the best inexpencive blades, They are high quality and are pre balanced out of the box. http://www.readyheli.com/HD320C-Alig...e_p_37650.html

Dont skimp out on your rotor blades, Dont buy EXI PRO 3D blades.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are the EXI Pro's the only ones with issues..........yea the ones you showed look nice and not too bad at $15.
pwgsx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #64 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHx1xHuey View Post
Dont buy EXI PRO 3D blades.
Why?

If you're into hardcore 3D, i'd say maybe because you'll want stiffer and lighter blades, but for normal sport flyers, they are great.
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalios View Post
Why?

If you're into hardcore 3D, i'd say maybe because you'll want stiffer and lighter blades, but for normal sport flyers, they are great.
Because they are low quality. Sure they might be good, But i read too many topics where they faild at the blade root. I am not just refering to InFocus's thread. IMO they are POS blades. I dont understand why people would want to fly $6 blades on a $200 or $300 heli. Thats why i think the ALIGN 325mm CF blades are the best inexpencive blades, They are high quality and not made buy a clone company.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #66 (permalink)

My HF Map location

If you don't crash. I agree.

If you still crash or you're learning new tricks, I still prefer the fibreglass blades which shatter on impact rather than transferring force to the head and destroying a lot of other stuff.

Never had a fibreglass blade fail on me, and i've been through over 25 sets...
Old 02-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still on the fence with this issue, and I had first hand experience of some type of failure .

Now I know what to expect and can continue to manage the situation so that I can safely fly the heli. Obviously, the main concern is personal safety for all in the area. This has been and will continue to be something I always take seriously.

As far as $6 on $300 heli. Still the average cost of a crash, regardless of cause, averages out to around $30+ cost of blades.

5 crashes at $15: $75
5 crashes at $6: $30

Even if a crash was caused by the blades themselves, the savings is more than the cost of an average crash.

wow, now that I typed that up, its a really arcane way of thinking of it.

So, basically, run what you want, because no matter what you'd be able justify your decision..
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #68 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus View Post
So, basically, run what you want, because no matter what you'd be able justify your decision..
Exactly! hahaha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in