Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 01:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation mcp x coming to an end?

Do you guys think the 130x will be the end to the mcp x?
wrong way is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 01:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nope. The 130X is a size-step up. They might discontinue the 120SR though.

It also might get Horizon to produce the mCPX2 though and go brushless right out of the gate (hopefully), discontinuing the brushed original version.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

130x is the answer to everyone wanting a brushless mcpx. It's no newbie heli. They need something to be near crash proof and that's not the 130x. They need the stock mcpx
Sambuka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 08:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default NO

Let's hope for the sake of the guys just starting out the good folks over at HH keep making the 120SR What a great trainer, Maybe they will even re consider pairing it up with a descant radio instead of that reticules game controller. Come on guys, this is not Walmart! Get you head out of your A**!

MCPX on it's way out? Lets hope not. I'm sure once the bugs are out of the 130 it will be a popular helicopter but I don't think it will kill off MCPX. You don't want me getting started on the 4e, What a peace of that is!

Great job on the helicopters guys, but the radios could use a lot of work!
Just my 2 cents.
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is no way the MCPX is on the way out, because people like us will keep it alive.
alex7703 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I seriously doubt the MCPX is on its way out. In fact, I'll bet they could drop 3 other helis and still turn a profit just on the MCPX. If anything, I think we are gonna see V3, or MCPX2, which will be brushless, or a brushless upgrade of their own. You don't think the marketing guys at HH are gonna keep letting these little companies keep making all this money off of their product, do you? I watched Harley Davidson do he exact same thing. Yes, it might hurt a few small businesses but in the end it will be us, the consumers, that will ultimately benefit the most. At least thats my .02.
Heli #1:Gaui 200V?/FBL/BeastX V2.05/Gaui 5600/CC25/5065 MG's/DS09 GMD/Spektrum Sat.
Heli #2:Gaui 200V?/FBL/Gaui 5600/CC 25 ESC/65 MG's/BeastX V3.08/DS09 GMD/Spektrum Sat.
dynodude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think the 130x will attract the same people as the mcpx.
I'm sure that the 130x will crash much worse than the mcpx.

I already have a 450 but I don't feel it's safe to fly it in the local park, I would probably feel the same way about the 130x. it's just a bit too big for me.
Holst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The only stock parts on my MCPx are the servos, main board, tail motor & links for the swash & head. All you need is parts availability(???) & you can build your own thats much better than stock. I don't think it's going anywhere at least for a while. Drev.
Drev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drev View Post
The only stock parts on my MCPx are the servos, main board, tail motor & links for the swash & head. All you need is parts availability(???) & you can build your own thats much better than stock. I don't think it's going anywhere at least for a while. Drev.
Was gonna say this. It seems that there's more aftermarket stuff for the mcpx than any other Blade heli. It ain't going anywhere for a while. If it does, will stock up on parts. I like this thing too much
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hey

I think if you hit TH before you crash the 130x will crash as well as the mcpx. If I am right, the bigger 130x with brushless will be easier to fly for anyone. At that point the only reason to buy a mcpx is cost.
I fly low and hit the ground to fast most of the time before hitting TH. So I'm hoping lets say 1 out of 10 crashes I strip a tail gear. I pull out the boom and have a backup ready to replace it and back flying. I would be happy. If something breaks evertime you crash without hitting TH than I will be selling the 130x and sticking with the mcpx.
I will find out because I am buying a 130x
d12bn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

From what I've read of torque tube helis (mostly about 450's), any time the tail rotors touch the ground, the tail gears will strip.

Based on that (and bearing in mind I don't own anything bigger than my mCP X, so I'm just guessing), I'm assuming that any crash, TH or not, will strip the gears. And maybe damage other stuff?

I think the 130X sounds really cool, along with the 300X. But I am assuming that neither one will crash really well. At least not the way the mCP X does, where you go down, just dust it off, re-seat the main gear, and take off again

I do hope I'm wrong, though, and Blade's found a way to make the 130X almost as crash-tolerant as the mCP X. I want to get something bigger, but I think my brushless mCP X will still be the heli I practice new stuff on
RedOctobyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by d12bn View Post
I think if you hit TH before you crash the 130x will crash as well as the mcpx. If I am right, the bigger 130x with brushless will be easier to fly for anyone. At that point the only reason to buy a mcpx is cost.
I fly low and hit the ground to fast most of the time before hitting TH. So I'm hoping lets say 1 out of 10 crashes I strip a tail gear. I pull out the boom and have a backup ready to replace it and back flying. I would be happy. If something breaks evertime you crash without hitting TH than I will be selling the 130x and sticking with the mcpx.
I will find out because I am buying a 130x
Day 2 when you want to sell it...keep me in mind.

This heli will not crash like the Mcpx. It is larger, heavier and much more complicated and time consuming to setup and repair. It's going to open a few eyes imo.

Just the fact that it is larger dimensionally and over double the weight tells me there will still be a massive market for the mcpx.

Walkera released a V120D02 years ago, esentially the same style as the 130x and then subsequently released the Genius Cp and the Mini CP and I'd guess their Genius was their best selling heli in a long time.

I hope to be proved wrong but I think your crash resilience expectations are going to lead to disapointment.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's going too fly like a little heli and crash like a big one. Would be cheaper to run a bigger quality machine
Hoghunter7mm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 12:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm not so sure it will be all that bad. Anyone who has flown the V120 Walkeras will tell you those things are actually quite durable. Now, I'm not saying you will get away with the same no-parts-straighten-the-main-gear-resume-flying like you do with the MCPX but I think it may just supprise alot of people with how durable it really is. I myself can't wait to chek it out.
Heli #1:Gaui 200V?/FBL/BeastX V2.05/Gaui 5600/CC25/5065 MG's/DS09 GMD/Spektrum Sat.
Heli #2:Gaui 200V?/FBL/Gaui 5600/CC 25 ESC/65 MG's/BeastX V3.08/DS09 GMD/Spektrum Sat.
dynodude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 02:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm really debating if I can justify the price, is the other problem; after buying the 450 X, getting a smaller heli is... well. Difficult to justify. The mCPX is already a barely-indoors bird even in stock trim, and if I'm going outside it'll handle wind just fine if I don't have time to drive to a flying site.

On the other hand... stock brushless, and a TT tail.

Think I may end up in the second or third wave of buyers, if it proves itself to be solid, and after the early-adopters have had time to shake out any teething-problem bugs (like the v1 blade grips). I'm still sore from jumping on the mSRX early and getting burned.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

All this heli will kill is the MCPX brushless after market business. Sure the die hards will still do it but in this day and age RTF seems to be the rage. I was going to go brushless MCPX. Now I am just going to get myself a 130x.

The 130x it is just a bigger brushless MCPX without a can running the tail. Only part on the 130x that will give people issues that only have MCPX experience is that TT tail. But I think it will be way easier to set up then a 250. Linear servo's look to have a self centering feature. No servo horn to set up on a 90. Tail servo position mount seems fixed if memory serves me right. So there wont be any messing around with the tail servo position. I bet the push rod is stupid proof too. The gyro is intergraded and specific to only this model. This heli was designed to run in stock form. There is no real need to make it able to run other servos and gyro's like a kit. I think mechanical set up on the tail will work as long as you have it close. Sure it will run better bang on. But if you are good enough to realize the tail could be holding better then you will know how to set it up properly.

But I still agree with all that this heli will not crash like a MCPX and will require a bit more bench time. But It will still be easier to set up then bigger heli's and much lighter on the wallet too. Can't wait to add one to my fleet.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by litehawkdown View Post
All this heli will kill is the MCPX brushless after market business. Sure the die hards will still do it but in this day and age RTF seems to be the rage. I was going to go brushless MCPX. Now I am just going to get myself a 130x.

The 130x it is just a bigger brushless MCPX without a can running the tail. Only part on the 130x that will give people issues that only have MCPX experience is that TT tail. But I think it will be way easier to set up then a 250. Linear servo's look to have a self centering feature. No servo horn to set up on a 90. Tail servo position mount seems fixed if memory serves me right. So there wont be any messing around with the tail servo position. I bet the push rod is stupid proof too. The gyro is intergraded and specific to only this model. This heli was designed to run in stock form. There is no real need to make it able to run other servos and gyro's like a kit. I think mechanical set up on the tail will work as long as you have it close. Sure it will run better bang on. But if you are good enough to realize the tail could be holding better then you will know how to set it up properly.

But I still agree with all that this heli will not crash like a MCPX and will require a bit more bench time. But It will still be easier to set up then bigger heli's and much lighter on the wallet too. Can't wait to add one to my fleet.
LOL, the MCPX and the aftermarket business isn't going any where for years to come.
RedJoE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJoE View Post
LOL, the MCPX and the aftermarket business isn't going any where for years to come.
I said it would kill the brushless MCPX..............And it will.

I don't know about you but I am getting sick of trying to figure out which motor is causing issues on my MCPX. Going brushless may add power but the tail is still a weak point IMHO. 130x is the answer. MCPX will be a great indoor heli if left stock for me. Also a good heli to try new things on first because of it's crash-ability. Honestly that is the only novelty of the MCPX over a 130x now..... Lower head speed and crash survival. So why bother going MCPX brushless? The only way I would still do it is for the fun of it and that is if it gets way cheaper to do.

As for upgrades. I only have a MH swash on my heli after one + year of flying it. I used my "up grade MCPX" $ to buy a DX7s and a Align 250. Now I will use my MCPX "brushless upgrade" $ to get a 130x I am not looking to turn a MCPX into something that now exists on the spektrum market. I am sure others will feel the same.

But the MCPX is far from dead.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 01:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by litehawkdown View Post
I said it would kill the brushless MCPX..............And it will.

I don't know about you but I am getting sick of trying to figure out which motor is causing issues on my MCPX.
Bold statement there litehawk.

Now for your issue....if the main on your heli was brushless and done right you would only have half the motors to worry about!

Main motors are a little over ten bucks. For two you can get a M5 or C05. Add an XP7A for $15 and a flash for $5 and voila...a far better heli and the great byproduct...better tail hold as the 3in1 has more available current to use.

So 4x the cost of a main motor and you've halved your maintenance and relatively halved your potential for current consumption variance...so troubleshooting tail issues is a no brainer as the main doesn't "vary" anymore.

But, your right....mcpx brushless is dead.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 04:23 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Let's keep things pleasant, and just say that declaring the BL-mod mCPX market dead when the 130X isn't even released yet is... jumping the gun a bit, at the very least.

Until it gets into normal people's hands (rather than pro pilots or potentially manufacturer cherry-picked videos) we won't know how it actually performs, just that it's capable of the manoeuvres from the promo videos, on some level.

Also if nothing else, I'm sure an enthusiast market will still exist if the 130X is the bees knees after all (as the 450 X was), just from people wanting an almost comically-tiny CP heli that can (with the right upgrades) fly smack 3D.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in