Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 09:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hobbywing speedy

last weekend my 600L lost power during hard tictocs. I autoed it safely.

after flight inspection shows the edge 80 hv cc esc battery end leads (onr of them) have developed a cable break within the shielding where cable has probably been subjected to repeat bending causing the failure over 1 and a half years of flying.

need to sort out esc and thinking three options

option 1
get a 100a hobbywing v3 this time?
anyone running a hobbywing 100a plat pro v3 on the 600l or the 600pro with booster upgrade kit?

i run 2450 to 2500 headspeed currently with stock gearing.

option 2
replace get a new cc edge 80hv. a lot more expensive.

both options send back faulty one and get repaired. not game enough to replace cables on esc.

what do you think i should do... im happy going hw 100a if anyone else has used it successfully in hard 3d flying. im concerned the hw100a has a max 150a current whilst the edge 80 has 160a??

thanks

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk
nabl74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2017, 02:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi I think that100a hobbywing v3 is only 6s mate .
cabbie-uk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2017, 01:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Solder new cables

Soldering on 2 new cables is much easier than you think. And it will save you a ton of cash.
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO, Zeal ----TREX 500 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ----2x TREX 450PRO V2, 1xGPRO&1xBRAIN, Talon35, RAIL , Zeal ---- SAVOX powered TREX500 EFL in Roban scale UH1-N ---- TREX 600 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ---- DX9 ----

Last edited by TR450ZS; 03-21-2017 at 01:57 AM.. Reason: Spelling
TR450ZS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 01:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR450ZS View Post
Soldering on 2 new cables is much easier than you think. And it will save you a ton of cash.
That would be the solution I would go for as well. If you are comfortable with a soldering iron this should be quite an easy job. The ESC is also very easy to dissasemble if I remember correctly. With that being said, the Hobbywing v3 (and especially v4) are a nice upgrade to the EDGE in terms of governor performance and should pair well with the 750MX. Only real downside to that option is that you lose the logging capabilities of the Castle which for myself was a great feature that I miss now.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 02:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli.Maniac View Post
That would be the solution I would go for as well. If you are comfortable with a soldering iron this should be quite an easy job. The ESC is also very easy to dissasemble if I remember correctly. With that being said, the Hobbywing v3 (and especially v4) are a nice upgrade to the EDGE in terms of governor performance and should pair well with the 750MX. Only real downside to that option is that you lose the logging capabilities of the Castle which for myself was a great feature that I miss now.
Thanks everyone. have removed motor / esc from body and diagnosing further.

I think i will go with trying to solder on new black and red wires as suggested. Will see how i go.

Agree whilst ive never had to look at logs in a while, its def a handy feature i dont want to loose.I guess when and if i upgrade to brain 2 at some stage will prob replace edge 80 hv with hw v4 to get all telemetry and logging that way.

Whilst i have the motor esc out of the frame, thinking ill get the gov cable for the brain and switch over to brain governing. Ive used brain gov on other helis and it kicks but over hw and cc as its predictive not reactive.
Synergy E7se - MSH Brain / CC Edge 120HV
nabl74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in