Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

View Poll Results: Delay Fonction
Usefull and YES, i want it for the next update 12 66.67%
Useless 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX8 Delay between Idleup - Poll for next Update !!

Hello everyone

i have a little question for you . I'm come from FF9 and there are a delay function, to allow us making delay between two stunt mode.

In the DX8, there are a function to permit slow down a servo, but not to slow the switch... It's a pain when i pass from 1400RPM F3C hover and 2000 Stunt mode....

Hope HH will make a new function with this, but if someone sucess making a mix or something else, i'll be glad

PS:i have try slowing the motor's servo, and the delay is better but the servo is slower too when i'm in the stunt mode, it's too... For a electric it'll work because of a flat curve.

Last edited by tyio; 09-25-2011 at 12:53 PM..
tyio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

drop them a line on an e mail, I have done the same requesting the same delay on flight mode switching, They say that they have acknowledged my e mail but to date there has been no response. Maybe if more people e mail it in they will bow to customer requests.
Busher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sure, i'll ask Glenn for that

but if we could make a poll, like a petition, it'll be better !!
tyio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2011, 02:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

What ESC do you have, as you may find it's an option there...

Certainly when using castle sec's I've been able to set a specific delay between different governed speeds using the castle link.

EDIT - sorry just saw you were nitro... guess you need it done in firmware on the TX.
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeflyboy View Post
What ESC do you have, as you may find it's an option there...

Certainly when using castle sec's I've been able to set a specific delay between different governed speeds using the castle link.

EDIT - sorry just saw you were nitro... guess you need it done in firmware on the TX.
Its also good for pitch, stopping the heli jumping about between flight modes.
Busher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2011, 12:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I voted yes only because my new 8FG super has that feature and I like it. Too bad Spektrum didn't have a lot of the Futaba features, might actually be a decent tx.
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2011, 12:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemil View Post
I voted yes only because my new 8FG super has that feature and I like it. Too bad Spektrum didn't have a lot of the Futaba features, might actually be a decent tx.
It really helps alot to vote for a feature in a radio you dont even own or use.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2011, 01:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
It really helps alot to vote for a feature in a radio you dont even own or use.
Actually I do own one (read my sig) and use it too, sorry.
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
Old 09-29-2011, 01:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What is the reason for this feature?
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2011, 02:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Actually I do own one (read my sig) and use it too, sorry.
Sorry I have to admit I was wrong and didnt read your sig.Even if it isnt something that would be really useful for me at this time I can see where it would be very useful with a fairly large change in rpm between modes

I have encountered the dreaded "tail cant keep up" issue when being impatient and flipping into idleup too soon while spooling up.One of my electrics has a cheap ESC and the soft spool doesnt always engage so its real exciting coming out of hold directly into idleup.I try to avoid this.It kinda scares the heck outta me too.Could be a real safety issue.It would go a long way towards reducing unecesary strain on the main gear as well.

The thing to do is a friendly e-mail request to productsupport@horizonhobby.com
The more requests the better chance it has of moving up the list for future enhancements to the airware.
HELIFREAK !!!
Old 09-29-2011, 02:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I have encountered the dreaded "tail cant keep up" issue when being impatient and flipping into idleup too soon while spooling up.One of my electrics has a cheap ESC and the soft spool doesnt always engage so its real exciting coming out of hold directly into idleup.
Ah, OK. Got it
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sorry I have to admit I was wrong and didnt read your sig.Even if it isnt something that would be really useful for me at this time I can see where it would be very useful with a fairly large change in rpm between modes

I have encountered the dreaded "tail cant keep up" issue when being impatient and flipping into idleup too soon while spooling up.One of my electrics has a cheap ESC and the soft spool doesnt always engage so its real exciting coming out of hold directly into idleup.I try to avoid this.It kinda scares the heck outta me too.Could be a real safety issue.It would go a long way towards reducing unecesary strain on the main gear as well.

The thing to do is a friendly e-mail request to productsupport@horizonhobby.com
The more requests the better chance it has of moving up the list for future enhancements to the airware.
No apology necessary, I had a bad day at work and was being over defensive anyway . I like the fact it takes that sudden 'jolt' out of the transition from say normal to IU, should be helpful in reducing the strain on everything.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No apology necessary, I had a bad day at work and was being over defensive anyway . I like the fact it takes that sudden 'jolt' out of the transition from say normal to IU, should be helpful in reducing the strain on everything.
I can relate to that for sure.Its been a long year for me with work.Im an independent owner/operator doing road construction in the summer.2 years of very little work has put a major crunch on my budget.If it wasnt for my farming Id probably be starving like alot of ppl in this country.Once in awhile its a good thing for me to have a little smack on the side of the head to remind me of the important things in life.One of the biggest is what we do here.
Fun,Learning and Mutual Respect.I cant give Will James and the rest of the staff enough thanks for what they have accomplished.HELIFREAK!!!!
HELIFREAK !!!
Old 09-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Fun,Learning and Mutual Respect.I cant give Will James and the rest of the staff enough thanks for what they have accomplished.HELIFREAK!!!!
Amen!! This is one of if not THE BEST RC forums on the net and all the staff do a terrific job keeping it going. A big thank you to them from me also, I would be lost with out this fourm, oh I think they call it being addicted......., but I'm damn proud to be an addict!!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the OP using a governor on their nitro? Most of them allow you to specify a ramp up between headspeeds when switching modes.
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in