Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Esmart

Esmart E-Sky Esmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have been trying to set up a good flying heli as inexpensive as possible, so far my e- smart has cost me under 600 bucks and I am having fun with it(I fly it more than my trex 600's). Still trying to get one in the air for below $500.
damyxz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2008, 01:30 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow. Under $ 600.My gyro & speed control was close to that.How the heck do you do that.Add in my cyclic servos and I'm there! $350 for heli Then $ 350 for radio $500 for batts.$35 for BEC. Chuck in $40 for misc wire and plugs. Blades $60 Tail Blades$20 Hows the math on that so far.Thats not including spares. I better not start adding. Under $600 for a 550 size heli tell me how. My better half will love me alittle more than she dosn't now.LOL
Helipro Blackhawk full metal swash&head carbon mains&boom
Helipro Blackhawk bone stock carbon mains.
Belt CP bone stock.
thunderhead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My LHS sells the e-smart metal edition with motor and blades for $189, I got a used 401/9254 combo for $145, 3 scanner metal gear servos for cyclics $22 each. Then I got this BP hobbies brand ESC for $50, a berg 7 receiver for $50. I have an align 3 amp BEC that came with my trex 600 laying around. Lastly, I ordered the TIG CF z-weave 550 blades for $45. Grand total is $ 545.00. I just use the batts I have that I use for my trex 600. It also cost me $30 for a new metal tail cage last week. still $ 575.00 If you want to add Li-Po cost, get the zippy-H 5000mAH 5S for $109 or the 6S for $ 133. still under $ 700 total for the 5S. I try to shop smart. There are some servos which have metal gears that only cost about $12 each(towerpros), if you want to cut cost. Also I already have a 9303 radio prior to building the e-smart.
damyxz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #44 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by damyxz View Post
I have been testing this BP hobbies brand 80 amp ESC on the e-smart and so far, 20 flights of moderate 3D flights and a week of sedate flying(wind factor), it is still performing. Does not heat up like the align 75 amp and only cost me less than 50 bucks from my LHS. A draw back is that the soft start really is not that soft...just have to baby it during spool up. With this ESC, a poorman's dream of sub 400 dollar 600 size heli is now a reality.
Same one i have, works perfect i put thru 6 batteries after 5pm today after i put my cnc tail on, shes as smooth as silk, punchout is great!!! on stupid lil 2400 3s packs doubled up

yes soft start is not that soft but those with good esc's still see the same response when those blades start a moovin so doesnt bug me a bit that i got the esc i did.

Oh btw, i cancelled that order of 5000mah batteries at hobbycity, what a set of crooks they are, its on back order and they still dont give you back your postage you paid... imagine that!!! will never do business with them again, ended up having to pay even more money on a lesser item because the shipping i paid before was simply GONE!.
DierWolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 01:07 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Like I said wow! Bargain basement stuff for sure. Never heard of those servos, who makes them. I run the hitec6965 digital on swash and the 401 with 9254 on tail. You know the rest. 4500s in series for power and a castle 85 hv which I will never trade in its too NICE.DierWolf what kind of flight times are you getting on those batts?
By the way the soft start and spool up is really sweet and totally programmable on the castle I know I talk it up but man is it worth the $$$.
Yes it seems the good old days of fair play and trust has certainly fallen by the wayside when it comes to dealing with certain companies. I guess buyer beware.
Anyway, your guys set ups sound like they are working great and treating you wallets gently. Kudos to you
Belt CP bone stock.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:53 AM   #46 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Surprisingly i am getting a good 5 minutes of hovering flight (with high headspeed) with those dinky 2400 mah 3s Mystery batteries.

Its why i ended up canceling my order at hobbycity since it seems the Zippys are going to take forever to come back in stock and when you call them they cant give you an answer or timeline..

have you all seen the video on youtube of the guy running the esmart on 7s? sounds beautiful and you can really tell the headspeed is way up.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:39 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DierWolf View Post
Surprisingly i am getting a good 5 minutes of hovering flight (with high headspeed) with those dinky 2400 mah 3s Mystery batteries.

Its why i ended up canceling my order at hobbycity since it seems the Zippys are going to take forever to come back in stock and when you call them they cant give you an answer or timeline..

have you all seen the video on youtube of the guy running the esmart on 7s? sounds beautiful and you can really tell the headspeed is way up.

Hey DierWolf, That very good hovering, Time to let her lose And see what she can do!
VIRUSS11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIRUSS11 View Post
Hey DierWolf, That very good hovering, Time to let her lose And see what she can do!

Thats not him silly, didnt you read the last sentence before the vid?
LockMD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:

Yeah I never order anything from them if its on backorder.....I just have the auto e-mail thing set up so they e-mail me when they are in stock and I will snatch up 2 more of those 5000's

and maybe 2 more 2200's for my 400
Old 06-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderhead View Post
Wow. Under $ 600.My gyro & speed control was close to that.How the heck do you do that.Add in my cyclic servos and I'm there! $350 for heli Then $ 350 for radio $500 for batts.$35 for BEC. Chuck in $40 for misc wire and plugs. Blades $60 Tail Blades$20 Hows the math on that so far.Thats not including spares. I better not start adding. Under $600 for a 550 size heli tell me how. My better half will love me alittle more than she dosn't now.LOL
Hi thunderhead, I got my for under $600. too,With all new parts, But I already have the Tx. and Li-po charger.

Heli kit I won on e-bay for $98. Or you can get it here
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=2105
Motor $77.
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=4040
JR DS821 Digital Sport Hi-Torque Servo $29.99 X4
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=2800
Volcano Series 80A Brushless ESC $79.
http://www.xheli.com/vose80abresc.html
SportBEC Switch-mode BEC $29.99
http://www.dimensionengineering.com/SportBEC.htm
ZIPPY-H 5000mAh 3S1P 20-30C Lipoly Pack X2 $145. ship to the U.S.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...0C_Lipoly_Pack
Gyro Logictech High HeadLock Gyro - 2100T I won on E-bay $89.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=360058920362
Old 06-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockMD View Post
Thats not him silly, didnt you read the last sentence before the vid?
OUCH! I guess that what happen after 18 hour up, Got to do it again, going to bed VERY soon!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:18 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks viruss. WE should call this the SMART shoppers hotline. Pun intended.
Belt CP bone stock.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #53 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I would bypass that sport BEC and get a the Castle Creations CCBEC thats has 10Amp peak..

couple of guys are having some real power issues these days with the Sport BEC's
Old 06-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #54 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIRUSS11 View Post
OUCH! I guess that what happen after 18 hour up, Got to do it again, going to bed VERY soon!
LOL its ok, no thats not me but mine flies rock solid just like that even without that headspeed

its like i dont even have to touch the control when correcting sorta just lean my body and it does it... (need to turn up the exp some more) but she feels rock solid and not jerky anymore at all since i fixed the radio settings.

I'll try get some video, my bro always flying his heli while i'm flying so no one to record.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:15 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL its ok, no thats not me but mine flies rock solid just like that even without that headspeed

its like i dont even have to touch the control when correcting sorta just lean my body and it does it... (need to turn up the exp some more) but she feels rock solid and not jerky anymore at all since i fixed the radio settings.

I'll try get some video, my bro always flying his heli while i'm flying so no one to record.
well have patience and take turns!! I would love some vids....mine does not feel as solid as my 400, I need to put a better tail servo on her.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #56 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I am using the tail servo you suggested have no problem with the tail what so ever.

After i put the expo on she was very touchy.. not anymore, she obeys every command and stays put until i say so She is much much more stable than anything i have flown and that includes Trex 450.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:40 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
I am using the tail servo you suggested have no problem with the tail what so ever.

After i put the expo on she was very touchy.. not anymore, she obeys every command and stays put until i say so She is much much more stable than anything i have flown and that includes Trex 450.

which one would that be, I was looking at so many LOL think I'm leaning towards the 9254 with a step down regulator since it cant handle 6V
Old 06-12-2008, 01:57 PM   #58 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Well maybe you didnt LOL but i am using all HS-325HB Servo's all around
Old 06-12-2008, 06:05 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
I would bypass that sport BEC and get a the Castle Creations CCBEC thats has 10Amp peak..

couple of guys are having some real power issues these days with the Sport BEC's
What problem are they getting? I'm using two of them And no problem so far, One in my heli, the other in my plane
Old 06-12-2008, 07:02 PM   #60 (permalink)

Me too, have a SportBEC on the ES600 and B400. No probs so far. What probs Wolf?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in