Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > King II/III/IV and CP 2/3

King II/III/IV and CP 2/3 E-Sky King 2, 3, 4 plus CP 2 & 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 02:24 AM   #41 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Oh thank you obewan, when I check it out today I will use the force!!!!!!!! tell you what !!!! it could do with a light saber right up its nether region lol!!!!!! it will be just my luck, that someone else will pick up the tx and the bloody thing works.
Anyway may the force be with you
Newbe from the bay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #42 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Hey.... I have a Ford so the ford will have to go with me instead... groan!!!

I know what you mean by someone else picking up the stupid Tx and everything works fine... argh!!! I have a couple buddies here that do some very crazy mad 3D flying and its the same... If I'm having troubles and say the bird is dong this and they pick up the heli... rip it around, land and say it works fine... Makes me want to run over and stomp the stupid thing into the ground... kill it dead...

Anyway... Let me know what you fine out...

cheers
DumbDawg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #43 (permalink)

See!!!!!!!!!!! the force must be with you!!!!!!!!!! you are thinking the same as me,!!!!!!!!!!!!spooky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I have rung Heliguy today and spoke to one of the tech guy's there and the guy thinks like me, its something or nothing and nothing to worry about. What he did say, is that some esc's go into like a hibination and need to be kick started to get them to arm, what ever that means!!!!!!
Anyway I'm going to have another go at setting up the servo's and maybe try and kick start the thing!!!!!!!!! I'm getting fed up of changing the esc's, this time I'm going to make it work by hook or by crook
Anyway buddy talk to you later.
Newbe from the bay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #44 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I think he means you have to remind the esc where the top/bottom stick positions are again... because if it is off even a little then the esc thinks it shouldn't apply power to the motor cause you might lop off some fingers etc... Its a safety thing...

May the sticks be with you...
Old 05-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #45 (permalink)

Default you know what

Hi Buddy, I have just posted a question to finless bob, he's online at present. I'm hoping that he can help me sort this bloody thing out ( you haven't got a shot gun I could borrow have you) because its getting very close to firing squad either that or a stick of dynamite, (it'll fly then ) lol!!!! what do you think if I do a full metal upgrade (then I might hear the beeps) lol!! or should get rid and get another heli that works, I hope you don't mind but you are my agony aunt lol!!!!!!!!!! anyway I'm going to see if Bobs got back to me.

catch you in bit.
Duncan
Old 05-05-2009, 08:08 AM   #46 (permalink)

Hi buddy, its looking good because I have found the fault, channel 3 on the rx is shot. I told you it was something or nothing, its just typical after all this time a faulty rx I feel a right dummy. So now I know what it is I can get it sorted.
Anyway I'll let you know when its up and running.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:16 AM   #47 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Hey there... Sorry didn't get back to you but been a bit busy... In and out like ducks mating... been crazy...

So you got the Tx/Rx thing sorted out... Sweet... Turned out to be the Rx too!!! Did you plu a servo into each channel and test it with the sticks?? Anyrate... glad you got it figured out so now theres no excuses for not flying... LOL... that is until you get the new Rx... Whats the cost on them??

happy heli'n
Old 05-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #48 (permalink)

yep!!!!!!!! channel 3 shot, I'm at present bidding on a new futaba 6channel rx on ebay !!!!!!!!sad what!!!!!!! but its like the birds say !!!!!!!cheep cheep!!!!!!!!!!lol it has less than an hour to go and I am the highest bidder (fingers crossed).
How I found out it was the rx,I was checking each channel with a servo like you said and low and behold it didn't work in channel 3, so I tried the esc in channel 8 to start with and the motor started beeping. I thought hello!!!!! its alive!!!!!!!!,
so then I checked it in all the channels down to 1 and apart from number 3 it worked. So I'm jumping for joy now and can't wait to get it flying. The only problem its monsoon season over here at present so apart from the heavy rain its blowing rather a strong South westerly and its forcast for the next few days.
Anyway I'll go for now and fingers crossed I get this new rx cheap.
!!!!!!!I'm jumping for joy!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:38 PM   #49 (permalink)

My HF Map location

How did the bidding go???
Old 05-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #50 (permalink)

!!!!!!!!Got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! £20 around $27 bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! futaba 6channel,
I just didn't fancy programing an esc using the 8th channel, according to the instructions thats for the landing gear. Tell you something there was a T Rex 450se on for £138.00 not sure how much in dollars thats a bargain, the kit alone is over £150 and this one was complete.
I think my next project will be a t rex,( I got the fever now baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol.
That strong south westerly I told you about last night has come back tonight with avengence and its bitter cold as well. So much for global warming, mind you I do live near Irish Sea so it does get a bit draughty, lol!!!! Hopefuly this time next week It should be up and running, heres hoping.
Catch you later buddy.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #51 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I'm selling my EXI 450... With a spare EXI and a body to go with it if ur interested...

Its RTF... all you'd need is an Rx to drop in... do a little setup again after shipping and ur fly'n... Cost would be about 165 quid... mailing it would be about another 30 from here... depending on how quickly you wanted it...

happy heli'n
Old 05-07-2009, 02:59 AM   #52 (permalink)

If you are not in a rush to sell it I might be interested, but don't wait for me if you have a buyer you sell it . At present I'm not in rush to start another project not yet anyway, My main job is to get this thing up and flying. Thanks for the offer though, its nice to have a friend that has been there for me and I can't thank you enough. I can promise you this, when the money becomes available and you still have the t rex I want it ok.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #53 (permalink)

Its alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ha!ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had the motor running, !!!finally!!!!!!!!! Now all I need is some nice weather to give the heli its maiden flight.
I mean't what I said in my last blog to you, it is nice to know that I have someone over there who is a great friend.
I have been reading up on setting the pitch and throttle curve, also watching finless bobs video. I now know what positive and negative pitch is and how to set it.
Do you understand what the linear curve is? finless bob makes a big thing about it doesn't he? Anyway talk again very soon, I am now going to finish the heli and get it flying. Take care buddy and all the best.

Duncan
Old 05-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #54 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The throttle and pitch curves are very useful for when you get into more aggressive flying... You can even setup curves to help tame the hei some too... Or make it tweek it till its crazy fast and agile... mostly just for making it conform to your styles...

Not hard to really hard to understand.... Anyrate... well done getting that bird in the air....

happy heli'n
Old 05-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #55 (permalink)

Things are getting better, I have had it hovering and it is holding trim very well. My main worry was the pitch but up to now fingers crossed everything's fine. I have yet to try it out in the field and at full rpm, what has made me smile is the futaba rx, its only tiny but it is working great with the sanwa setup. All I can say is after weeks of shit!!!!! two new esc's, three lipo's and a new rx, I am now in business !!!!!hey-hey!!!!!!!!!!!!
You never know whats round the corner, if the funds are available I might be buying your T rex, here's hoping buddy.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:08 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe from the bay View Post
Its alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ha!ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had the motor running, !!!finally!!!!!!!!! Now all I need is some nice weather to give the heli its maiden flight.
I mean't what I said in my last blog to you, it is nice to know that I have someone over there who is a great friend.
I have been reading up on setting the pitch and throttle curve, also watching finless bobs video. I now know what positive and negative pitch is and how to set it.
Do you understand what the linear curve is? finless bob makes a big thing about it doesn't he? Anyway talk again very soon, I am now going to finish the heli and get it flying. Take care buddy and all the best.

Duncan
Linear Curve 0 25 50 75 100
4ch co-axle indoor micro - rainy days & night time
3ch co-axle indoor micro - visitors and possible converts
JonnyKango is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Newbe are you near Shropshire
Big Tonka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tonka View Post
Hi Newbe are you near Shropshire
Perhaps not BT - he seems to have gone very quiet I hope all's ok

Bugster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in