Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

With the advent of the T500 I decided to get some more packs, I got the 2x Air Thunder and 2x Kong Power, after flying both I can't tell the difference, can anybody with both tell any difference with these packs?

I need to invest in some more batteries in 3S and 6S - I already know about TP and FP, I do have some TP packs and they rock!

I'm going to hold out till Bob complete his analysis of the three packs he's testing.

Robert
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bobbyk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2007, 03:47 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob,
What's the count up to?

Tom
wecoyote is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2007, 03:51 PM   #43 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I am at 35 flights on all 3 packs. Vacation 2 weeks ago and being sick last weekend slowed me down. Sorry for taking so long.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2007, 04:08 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

its is ok. also what should I do if my Thunderpower packs die. is their a exchange program?
Ginvent is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #45 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I don't know the answer to that. Contact TP and ask.

Bob
Old 01-11-2008, 07:42 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Bob,

Any updates on this test, Inquiring minds want to know =).

Ron
T-Rex 600N V-BAR TT.53 Redline 3DHiflow Pipe 2SA123
rdespins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2008, 09:47 AM   #47 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Yes I should have an update soon! The 500 has slowed me down a bit but I have about 50 flights on each pack now. Soon as I get a chance I will eagle tree them again.

Bob
Old 01-13-2008, 12:22 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

im looking foward to your final test actually im interested in Kong Power and how they perform as they are quite cheap
NZ_Nitro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2008, 11:32 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Finless for the info!

I was reading somewhere the Kong packs are built differently from the others, something like an additional inner layer that helps the puffing??

have you noted this?

Jeff
EVO76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2008, 12:44 PM   #50 (permalink)
dct
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Yes I should have an update soon! The 500 has slowed me down a bit but I have about 50 flights on each pack now. Soon as I get a chance I will eagle tree them again.

Bob
Soon?? 1-12-07
Old 02-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #51 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Been too freakin busy and thus have too many "things" on the fire. Needless to say I am at 50 flights on all 3 now and just need to get the time to eagle tree it.

Today is a pure fly day for me (no work) so it wont be until next weekend best case.

Bob
Old 02-10-2008, 04:48 PM   #52 (permalink)
dct
Registered Users

Thanks Bob, have fun.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:06 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default NEW FLight Power EVO 25 c WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
OK so I was asked to test a Kong Power battery from Readyheli and decided the best way to do this was to compare them to two other batteries with a head to head comparison.

So this is my evaluation of three batteries
Kong Power 2200
FlightPower Evo25 2170
Thunder Power Extreme V2

All three packs were brand new and got 4 break in flights followed by 15 flights each. This evaluation will show all 3 batteries on the bench with weights and then after the 15 flights each, a EagleTree recording of each battery in a straight 5 minute hover. I choose the hover test with the EagleTree over 3D flight because it gives a apples to apples reading. Not every 3D flight is identical on collective management and what the pilot may do in the flight. Thus a straight hover flight is the best way to compare performance in my opinion.

So first up is a on the bench comparison showing differences in size and weight along with how they look on the heli.
Video Link ->3 Batteries Compared on the Bench (28 Megs)

Next up is in the field showing each battery mounted with EagleTree followed by post flight resting cell voltage measurement. Then a overview and analysis of the EagleTree recordings from each battery.
Video Link ->3 Batteries Compared with EagleTree recording analysis (46 Megs)

OK so there is my first Eval after each pack got 15 flights each. I am not done with this Eval as longevity is a key factor when buying batteries! Batteries these days tend to perform pretty much the same out of the starting gate thus getting the best bang for you buck is the deciding factor. So I will continue this eval with a data recording at 50 flights on each pack, then 100. Stay tuned.

Bob

PS below are the FDR graphs.
Well I found out the hard way that the equnox Balancer Used in quick balance mode will ruin your batterie DO NOT Balance with this unit
5 Batteries later .....I went today and Bought a btand new ALign chatger Balancer
2 bills but worth it and a New EVO 2 25c 2170 mha 11.1 v 3s blipo
Now why don't other compnaies make batteries this strong?
First charge Full to end chrg cycle.12.60 v
Hovered for 14 min landed removed the battery put it on the chatger and there was still 11.43 volts and I did not even hit the low voltage cut off on my Align ESC
I am Happy with this battery ,I am still way bummed about my 400.0 worth of batteries that the Equninox ruined.I did speak with customer support at hobbico today and they told me to send them the Equinox and if they find any thing wrong with it they with replace it.I said will you replace my batteries too? He said we will wait and see if the equinox is bad.
So I told him about the EVO2 FLight power batty and it preformance and said I would rather have my money back and Invest it in the FLight Power Batteries Thank you

These batteries Rock and keep you in the air with smooth FULL strength power NO Bull Crap here Guy these Batteries are worth Buying
Tim Smith is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2008, 08:38 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

14 mins

I am lucky to get 1/3rd of that
Old 02-13-2008, 09:05 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Can I try those solor panel blades you got on that thing
Ginvent is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2008, 11:30 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Yep the Veyr first Flight

Well being that I am new at this .And aslo being that I have had my battery drama play out for so long that I eventually learned ( By going back thru my Heli and Radio set up SO Many Times and Listening to Bob and watching his Videos over and over to see if I messed up somthing .I have a very very tame set up.
I have only been hovering ONLY . I have never really been in forward flight yet ,except on G4.I can hover in the wind the breez clam tail in sidways both of em. Because I am a newbbi and I did not want to kill my new Heli's......... All I know is bob said Flight power25c
Now I see what bob mean's . Bob 's my hero
I am recovering from three Major spinal surgies I had last year .I don't have a job any more.So I took up helis after going to find a RC car to play with for something to do.
I saw My first RC heli the 3dx450 se fell in love and that was nov 07.
all I do is spend all day with them goofing tinkering and its always been a battery issue form the beinging for me. My longest flight was say 1 1/2 min till yesterday .
Now I am really hooked Wow what a nice hobby we have.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:31 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

get a Flight power battery for your heli make sure its got the right adapter for your charger and Woot Woot HELI UP
Old 02-13-2008, 01:33 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Smith View Post
all I do is spend all day with them goofing tinkering and its always been a battery issue form the beinging for me. My longest flight was say 1 1/2 min till yesterday .
Just be carefull or you will continuie to have lipo problems. Most people reccomend short flights for the first 5-10 hovers with a new lipo to break it in. Although I have heard of 14 minute flight times, these are 1 in 10,000 and in all of the setups I have owned or tried, I haven't been able to get anywhere near this much time. The majority of us get between 5-8 minutes. With very low curves and just hovering I could barely stretch 9 mins out of a very free running setup while staying within the 80% discharge rule. Just watch your temps, check your MAH when charging and go easy on the lipos. The easier you are on them, the longer they last.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:38 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow Thank you for the advice. I have spent all day and night reading about Lipo Plymere
and the battery they make with this stuff ,,Wait till next years batteries get here.from what I read. So I Went and Got a new Algin RCC -6SX and RCE-6BA charger Discharger and Balancer Combo and one more New Evo 25 c Battery today.This is a Great Charger well worth the Buck two Eighty I spent on it. It Just plain old WORKS!
So Short flights on all new Batteries ,Break Em in and balance first, then charge or charge first then Balance ? This has got me a bit confused I have only fully Charged the New I got today and Have only charged hover and charged the other New Battery 1 Time.
Oh Incidently I have just down loaded and started useing a FLight log and aircraft maintence and parts Data Base .It has a Battery Charge and Cycle log in it I will start a habit of being anal and keeping records and back up s on ll this information and Flight Data and Battery proformance. Well back to my Hangar Guy s. Glad to have joined you all and this hobby and website. I love it so much I could come apart at the Seams.

Heli Up Ya;ll Does the Angle of the Dangle Equal the Mass of the Ass ?
Old 02-14-2008, 08:16 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I balance and charge mine at the same time since they were new. My first 5 flights were all kept under 3 mins for break in. After this I slowly worked up my times until I was using about 75% total MAH from my packs. Make sure the lipos are completely cooled to room temp before charging. After killing a bunch of lipos, I read up as much as I could and started keeping a log for my lipos to help watch for patterns in how they are holding up. I have been through a lot of them, but with keeping under 75-80%, not hot charging and keeping a close eye on temps I have been able to keep them running much longer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in