Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Setup advice needed

Hey guys. I am a pretty new pilot. I have a TR500 I have had for about a year but honestly have not had it in the air more than once or twice for being afraid to crash. I know what a newb. I got a 150 in hopes to get more comfortable with flying and I can do it in my backyard with ease compared to the 500. I seem to be having a radio or mrs set up issue I cant seem to get right. I have watched several videos on guys flying the 150 and the thing just sounds like it screams. Mine doesnt seem like its going that fast. And in normal mode I have to be at 85% on the collective to get it to hover. Even going to Idl1 the motor goes a little faster but hoving still requires 85% on the stick. So. What I am doing wrong? My radio is a Futaba 14 SG. Listed below are my settings.

End Point travel:
135 - 100 on everything but pitch. Pitch is 135 - 60 and 97 - 135. This was to get the correct pitch when doing the set up. Using a RClogger. (Maybe to heavy for this little thing?)

Pitch Curve:
Hold: Liner -100 to +100
Normal: +35 , +42, +50, +55, +60
Idle Up 1&2: -100, -50, 0, +50, +100

Thr Curve:
Normal: 0, 30, 50, 55, 60 (Out of the manual)
Idle Up1: 90, 86, 84, 90
Idle Up2: 100, 95, 90, 95, 100

Gyro:
Normal: 56
Idle Up1: 52
Idle Up2: 47

Everything else on the radio is default. The only think I can think of is the RClogger is to heavy to get a good accurate readout when setting 0 pitch and then pos and neg pitch. So. I hope I provided enough info but if not please let me know. It would be nice to get this working like I know its supposed to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2014, 09:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check out post #6 in this thread.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=590229
Hydros27 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2014, 06:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks. I did these settings and so far nothing has changed. Putting my Thr. on Idle1 at 95% across the board doesn't even do anything different. Its almost like its not getting enough power I guess. Anyone have other suggestions.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I screwed up my pitch curves when I first got mine. this is what I did it and please im not telling you to do this but this is how I diagnosed it. I held the skids in my hand careful not to hit the gear with my fingers at arms length I throttled up slowly and once I got past mid stick it still was pushing down even at 60 to 70% throttle it was barely wanting to pull out of my hand. I knew the pitch of the blades was wrong and adjusted it.
shinybrute is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 08:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinybrute View Post
I screwed up my pitch curves when I first got mine. this is what I did it and please im not telling you to do this but this is how I diagnosed it. I held the skids in my hand careful not to hit the gear with my fingers at arms length I throttled up slowly and once I got past mid stick it still was pushing down even at 60 to 70% throttle it was barely wanting to pull out of my hand. I knew the pitch of the blades was wrong and adjusted it.
don't hold the skids, hold the servos.
The skids aren't screwed in the frame, so the hely can pop off, pivot on the battery cable and munch your arm
Azhad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhad View Post
don't hold the skids, hold the servos.
The skids aren't screwed in the frame, so the hely can pop off, pivot on the battery cable and munch your arm
I have the microheli frame with the microheli skids where they are screwed in or I would have never tried this. its not a smart way to do it even though its only a 150 size its still got some power to do some damage though but yeah you are right I should have held the servos.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinybrute View Post
I have the microheli frame with the microheli skids where they are screwed in or I would have never tried this. its not a smart way to do it even though its only a 150 size its still got some power to do some damage though but yeah you are right I should have held the servos.
nha: with the microheli skids I hold to them too

and yes, it can do damage: nearly took my thumb off, I needed 10 suture points, my damned cat was ready to pounce on the hovering hely and in panic I tried to grab it in the air ;(
Azhad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 09:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhad View Post
nha: with the microheli skids I hold to them too

and yes, it can do damage: nearly took my thumb off, I needed 10 suture points, my damned cat was ready to pounce on the hovering hely and in panic I tried to grab it in the air ;(
OMG. I would proly do the same if my cat tried getting it. my cats run and hide when they hear the beeping of any of my helis or tx.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine flys great on 14sg
Pitch n 35,42,50,75,100
Idle 1 /2 same as you
Throttle N 30,50,55,60
Idle1 100,90,80,90,100
Gyro 45 ,50,50
With throttle hold on See if your blade pitch is level at 50% throttle I only eyeballed mine
I'm a newbie too and I think the 150 is great
Sim sim sim!
Want2gopro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2014, 12:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks. Ill try that out. It could be my motor I guess but Ill keep working at it.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi want2gopro
I also have a 14SG but I am puzzled by the normal pitch curves you have for the T150.
From my understanding of Futaba all your points are positive as half stick should be 0 and not 50. I am also new and my normal pitch curve is -10 -5 0 50 100 and heli lifts off at approx 75%. Approximate because I dare not look down at the Tx !!
Could you kindly confirm what percentage stick you achieve lift off/hover ?
Confirmation would be appreciated because maybe my blade pitch is incorrect.
Daytona is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in