Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 01:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default gyro compatability

I have a dx6i with a ar6100e rx that I plan on using in my HK500GT (untill I can upgrade to a 6200) are all gyro brands such as align, spartan,logitec etc. compatable and will I still be able to use whichever one when I get the 6200? Also are there different gyros for different size Helis ? Very confused any help or suggestions would be great.
Thanks
rotorfan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2010, 06:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

In a nut shell all modern gyros will be compatable with your DX6i.... what we are looking for here is remote gain adjustment, which it has.

Compatabilty issues are sort of irrevelant with Spectrum Rx's. I can't think of any kit out there that wouldn't work (within the context of electric helis).... connection sizes are all standard three pin types.

The only gyro that I wouldn't recommend with a 500 size or smaller would be the Futaba GY611.... It's just too damn big! The rest of the decent gyros on the market are pretty much optimised to work on small or large helis.

Of course being a Spartan fanboy, I would suggest the Quark

Due to economic circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
lankey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Lankey...............What about servos cyclic and tail how do you tell which servo to use for each for a 500 size so many different ones. Sorry for all the ?s but this is my first build. My belt came RTF.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You really want the best servos you can afford.

For cyclic have a look at the Futaba 5425's, 9650's. JR do top end DS3517MG's.... there are a host of other servos in the mini class that I've not tried.

For a tail servo you really want the fasted you can get your hands on. Mini servos will get the job done- Futaba 9257, JR3500G, Align DS520 etc. There are advocates of full size servos on the tail of a 500- Align DS620, JR8900G, BLS251 etc. Please note that you will probably need a Trex600 tail servo mount to fit a full size servo on a 500.

These are just suggestions, and I've only ever used Align DS510's on my 500's cyclic as they came with the kit- I rather like them at 6V, and JR3500G on the tail... It's not a bad combo but not the best.

One thing you will need to check if you wish to run the cyclic at 6V, is if the tail servo is rated to run at 6V as well- many are not. If that's the case you will need to purchase a voltage stepdown for the tail- they are only a few $.

Due to economic circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Any modern gyro works. If you're on a tight budget don't go any lower than a Futaba GY401 or a Logictech 2100T, if you got some head-room, buy a Spartan Quark.

For servos, you don't wanna go "cheap" - cheap as in unreliable or unsafe. So stay away from Turnigy or other cheapo $4 HobbyKing servos. I suggest paying good and buying the Align servos, they are rebranded Savox's which are some of the most reliable servos around. Alternatively if your on a budget, you can use Hitec HS-82MG/85MG on your 500. I use them on my HDX HC500's, and they apparently are compatible with the Trex 500 (adapter provided). Never had one of them fail, always quick and powerful and only $20 each. But that's the cyclic. For the tail, you need something with more speed than torque, digital is priority with a tail, consider Align servos or Futaba for your rudder.

Now I've suggested to you all inexpensive but very capable components are I don't expect your on the high-range for a budget, so brands such a JR, Futaba and even Align may be out of your reach.

Just keep in mind, if you do decide to disregard anyone suggestions and do go buy cheapo servos like some HK knock off brand, keep in mind that servos are what make your heli "move" in directions, if one of those cheapo ones fail, you got a flying lawnmower with no control.
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2010, 10:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks guys guess ill have to be patient and save that sucks!! I want to fly her but also dont want mechanical failure. Maybe I can trade my kids off. (jost kidding) LOL
Old 05-11-2010, 02:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Steve's advice about the tailservo size is worth gold, IMHO.

I always put a standard size tailservo on my 500s, and a mini size tailservo on my 450s, and I never had to look back anymore. No heating up of the servo, no wagging, even if at one moment your tail mechanics would be less then perfect and suffer some slight binding or other problems, the stronger servo will simply have enough force to keep the tail steady in almost all circumstances. My favorites are the Futaba BLS series, like a 257 for a 450 heli, and a 254 or 251 (your gyro needs to support this one) for a 500 heli. Very reliable, proven values, and a one time investment.
A mini servo on a 500 does work though on most tails, but it can be operating close to its limits. Keep the tail mechanics very smooth, and you're ok.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I know it's not an option that many people choose, but I've ordered a LogicTech 6100T/6100G gyro/servo combo for my HK500-GT (neither of which have arrived yet )

I got it here, only $180 http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=138370

Look it up on here, anyone that has one really likes it. Finless Bob has setup videos here https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=37202 and he really raves about how great it is.

I know I really like the 2100T/3100G combo for a 450 (have 3 now!), so figured I'd give the 6100 combo a try.

Oh yeah, and I believe the 6100G is full-size, so I ordered a 600 tail servo mount when I order the gyro/servo.
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 04:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got Heim Joints tail weights with my 3500G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in