Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Finally finished my Clone 450 build....

Well Ive been waiting a week for my pinion gear to get here. Finally came today, but of course I had to work late didnt get home til after dark. Did go ahead and install it, got the blades tracked, and got it bout 4 ft off the ground, and just to darn windy. This is my first CP heli, and I have to admit, im a little intimidated, Ive been simmin it up, but its a way different feeling than spoolin up that 120 SR. Hopefully tomorrow I get off work at a decent time and the wind has died down ready to get it off the ground for more than a few seconds. Thanks to all the advice/answers to my newb questions. Ill let yall know how it goes.
Sully16 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2012, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

is it just tail in ur comfortable with atm?

Trex 700N Vbar, Mikado LOGO 600SX, Trex 450 SportV2, Trex 250se-dfc, MCPX ...DX8...
kiwianaBrad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 01:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

100% comfortable with yes...on my 120 im completely confident nose in i think its just the initial feeling of a bigger bird, idk like i said didnt get a chance to fly it much.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hate wind! lol Good luck and be careful or you'll put an eye out!!!!!Seriously Happy for you.

EXI 450 Beater / 450 EC-135 / 450 OH-58 Kiowa / 450 MD 500 / EXI 450 AH-6 Little Bird / EXI 500 (the flying woodchipper!) / HK500GT UH-1E Huey / EXI 500 EC-135/ Love the scale!
dfgipe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great Sully! I didn't fly yesterday because of the wind here in Dallas. I can't tell you the times that I've "just tried" and about halfway through a pack a gust would come and $ would happen.

So if you got it 4ft up in the wind here in Texas yesterday AND then decided to quit, your a strong man! Don't know if I would have quit until I crashed! You'd think an old ma would be wiser than that!

Grats again on your build,
Ken
AXN FPV
Daddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

well if i had a spare set of blades or two i might have, but i cant find any in stock that i like.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Better get more spares than just blades! lol

EXI 450 Beater / 450 EC-135 / 450 OH-58 Kiowa / 450 MD 500 / EXI 450 AH-6 Little Bird / EXI 500 (the flying woodchipper!) / HK500GT UH-1E Huey / EXI 500 EC-135/ Love the scale!
dfgipe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's awesome, congrats I have a clone coming in a few days, so I'll be going through the same type of stuff. I love my mCP X, but this will be my first time with something bigger. I'm looking forward to it CP is very different from a fixed-pitch, self-stabilizing heli like the 120SR (or my old mSR), as you're finding. But so much more capable, and so much more fun, once you get the hang of it. Have fun!
RedOctobyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctobyr View Post
That's awesome, congrats I have a clone coming in a few days, so I'll be going through the same type of stuff. I love my mCP X, but this will be my first time with something bigger. I'm looking forward to it CP is very different from a fixed-pitch, self-stabilizing heli like the 120SR (or my old mSR), as you're finding. But so much more capable, and so much more fun, once you get the hang of it. Have fun!
x2 on the difference between a FP 45 degree flybar bird like the 120sr and a 450 clone. I started out with the 120SR last year, and then tried to go on to the Blade SR, and then built my 450 clone over the winter and am flying it now. Hovering isn't that much different but FF is a whole different story especially because the 45-degree flybar on the 120sr is self-stabilizing, so in a sense you're flying against that effect.

However, the one good thing I will say in your case you went right to a 450. In my case going to the SR wasn't a good experience. The direct drive tail kept giving me problems, and if you're just learning to fly CP helis there is a big enough learning curve, don't add to it by having a crappy tail.

The one suggestion if I may make it is not to "cheap out" on the tail electronics, especially gyro. Spend the extra money. I put a Quark on my tail and it's the best thing I ever did. Easy set up and no worries. You'll find that solid locked in tail will make for much better control if you lose orientation and need to bring it back tail in.
Zermelo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in