Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Scammer Alert!

I just want to warn anyone out there thinking on dealing with Chad Dingman. This guy just scammed me out of my Brand New Titan X50 ad that I placed on the Runryder Classifieds. The trade was for my Titan X50 bnf, with extra X50 frame w/head, servos, tail case, Align starter with lipo and a money order for $150.00 for his T-Rex 700E. I shipped out my heli on the 5th of June and he received it on the 7th throughout this time our communication was great, he was very quick to answer my text, and PM's. Now he does not answer any of my texts and PM's or even e-mails, the last we spoke he mentioned to me that he is going through a possible split up with his female counterpart. I had given him all the benefit of the doubt and even wished him the best of luck, just keep me posted and updated throughout. But mostly the status of my X50 trade. Still no word from this guy and I am getting very upset.
I am in the Army, serving our country and when I am not training or deployed I love to get into my hobby and that is flying RC Helis. This guy just took that away from me. So I am furious and he is only a state away in Oklahoma, he is also originally from Fort Worth, TX.
So fellow HeliFreak members be warned should you encounter this name on any classifieds "Chad Eric Dingman" And should you be in Valliant, Oklahoma and know this guy and see him flying a Titan X50 Torque tube version (Blue Canopy) remember that it is stolen! You can contact me at 337-238-8212 or 337-404-3037 and or just send me a PM.
This was my first trade here on RunRyder and was an epic fail. I mostly do all my selling and trading on RC Universe with great feedback. So don't even think twice when you deal with me, I will ensure that you get what you ask for and more in a trade or sale from me.
Michael J. Bayona
mjbayona is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 05:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bummer. So your saying you never got the Trex 700?
wanderer56 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow Heliproz knows how to pick them.

I hope this guy comes through for you man.
Jesus is Lord Happy Flying
AzChopp3r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats what appears to happen. We have to as a community derive a safer way to handle trades. Atleast when you purchase through paypal you are protected, but trades offer no protection.

One method I suggest which will offer partial protection is. Conduct the trade as if you were doing a sale. First pay for the actual item through paypal. When you recieve the item charge the other party the same amount and ship their item. I will be following this from now on. This way both parties will have paypal buyer protection when conducting trades.

RIP Roman Pirozek Jr. 1/11/94 - 9/5/2013
johnjonfenomenon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

mike this is frank in deridder. the guy that bought the puma 3d from you whats up?
i just wanted to chime in here on a simular situation i had a few years back when i did a pretty big trade with a member on rcu. i shipped first after talking with him a few times on the phone (found out later it was a "throw away" celphone) then waited waited and waited with no comunication at all from the piece of crap. so then i started doing more research on him and found out he had done the same trade with a few other members. so then i got as much info from them as i could (im mad as hell by this time) and his ass is mine. i ended up getting his real work number, home number and address in indiana. long story short i called him just to let him know the police are on there way to take him for a little ride. he ended getting like 3 years then when he got out i got a nice little restitution payment in the mail in witch i just had to buy the new rex 500 that came out. lol.. so anyway man get as much info as you can on him (as this is a felony crime) try contacting his local police with the info and also the FBI internet fraud division. good luck to you man.

this go,s for any of you guys dont stop til you get them
Old 06-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Safe way to trade

I do a lot of trading here on HF and have never had a problem. However, one thing I insist on is communicating with the other person by email AND cell phone as we negotiate the trade. I Never rely on PM's exclusively as it is too easy to hide that way. If I get a person's email address and cell phone, and we have a ongoing conversation that way I feel a bit more comfortable it will all work out. People won't change their cell number to scam a Heli. Too easy to change your HF handle.

My two cents.
Bid Doctor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

You already posted this once on this forum.
aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Threads merged and duplicate 1st post removed.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

You have his address? Drive there and beat his head in. Cant stand thieves, i hope you get this resolved
Old 06-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #10 (permalink)

My HF Map location

So this happened here or on RunRyder? I am assuming this is a copy and paste from RR right? To bad you did not send him a USPS Postal Money Order as it is a felony if he cashed it and can not prove he sent you what he said he would I am pretty sure.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default USPS Money Order

Well I did send him a USPS money order for $150.00 on top of my trade. The cash was too be used to purchase fuel as per what he said on the phone. He claimed that he had purchased the fuel and was waiting to test fly my heli, when he mentioned that he was going through the possible break up with his female counterpart.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Scam is confirmed!

Now I know for sure that I got scammed! Chad Dingman's Cell phone number is now no longer in service. HeliProz Team Pilots I hope you get rid of this guy on your team. He should be banned from even being a HeliProz Team member.

I just lost out on over $1350.00!

Best Regards
Michael J. Bayona

Last edited by mjbayona; 06-16-2012 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: Taking away inappropriate writing.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mj. Wow man sorry to hear about this chad dude. I will try to keep a eye and a ear out for you man. That sucks...s.....t hate that ..thats really bites ..what a A,,hole ..damn.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Update on Chad Dingman

Contact was made!
Fellow HeliFreak members hey I just wanted to thank you all for helping me reach out regarding my issue with one of the HeliProz Team Pilots reflected here on this post. I would also like to ensure that this Pilot's name be reinstated in good faith " Chad Dingman" within the HeliFreak family. Chad Dingman has made contact with me and we both are in complete agreement with one another regarding the trade here on RR. So don't trash talk Chad as he did have issues that prevented him from contacting me until now. I will also be updating HF websites to ensure everyone in the RC community understands that the issue will be rectified and Chad Dingman should be able to continue daily business without any repercussions. I guess that I had jumped the gun way too quick, however with that said everyone in my situation would have done the same. If you have been following my post from the start, I came off strong in words and such towards Chad, I retract everything I had ever said about the man. Now we both are in a complete understanding however the trade is still not completed, and have yet received my share of the trade. So I will post updates until this trade is closed!
Old 06-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Even Though

Our emotions get the better of us at times, biteing our tongues and waiting can sometimes result in a better ending to any story.................
Political Correctness: A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

AMA 342797 NRA PATRON
dave22250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well sounds like man made good. Well thats a good ending hopefully ?)
Old 06-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

did you get the 700 yet?
paulmedford is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Finally!

Okay now finally my trade with Chad E. Dingman will come to a close by the 9th of June, 2012. All thanks to a Team Heliproz Team Pilot named John Rodriguez who had made contact with Chad Dingman and was able to obtain the heli from him and ship it off to me. There is more to that story but need to know only and don't want to put peoples business out there.
At this very moment a box containing my T-Rex700E is on its way to Fort Polk and is expected to arrive on the 9th of June, 2012. This trade between Chad and I will be considered closed finally! Thanks too Team Heliproz and fellow members of RR and HF for helping me as much as you can throughout this 30 day experiance. Lessons learned throughtout this process as well, this will not deter me from future trades, however it sure opened my eyes as to making smarter decisions too whom I make trades with, the signs etc.. No ratings or the lack of will sure make a difference, and I will not ship first ever again! Well case by case basis. LOL! Thanks again everyone and may God Bless You all.

V/R
Michael J. Bayona
Fort Polk, LA
Old 07-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

glad to see it is working out for you, i would have also been pretty upset to lose contact after sending out that kind of heli. I have watched vids of you fly shown to me by Justin from Hare's, and i am impressed! i hope i can see you fly in person sometime..think i missed you at the Midstate funfly by an hour or so. im still pretty new to helis and i havnt met any 3d pilots locally to learn from! located in alexandria, btw.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Micheal. I hope you get your 700 today.
Hope it is just the way you expected it to be .
Good luck !and love to see some pictures of it if possible, take care.

Don

Tags
scammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in