Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage Fusion 50

Outrage Fusion 50 Outrage Fusion 50 Electric Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hndaluvr View Post
Is it REALLY?... It doesn't really look that much shorter.
I'm sensing a placebo effect taking place.

Its an interesting experiment non-the-less.
Comparing the OP's picture with mine, I estimated that DFC head is about 15-20mm shorter. May be the OP can measure can give out an accurate measurement.

Placebo effect? I don't think so. I have been experimenting with the 2 BL mCPx that I have. On one, I lowered the head by 2mm, the cyclic response was NOTICEABLY faster than the stock height.

Here is mine:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fusion50Stubby.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	606.6 KB
ID:	301075  
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

On my outrage head the phasing was spot on as I could pull really big loops with just +pitch & elevator & the heli stays on course through out. Mechanical phasing is something I learnt to get right from my old rex500, my G5, & Rage550.

As for placebo effect, lowering the head definitely sharpens and speeds up the heli, that's something the likes of Hensleit TDR, Minicopter Joker/Diablo and Kasama have done to their heads to add more speed and precision to their helis & it works.

On my Srimok I have the low rider head fitted but I have never flown it with the normal height head so I have nothing to compare it to. Now, Fusion I have flown with stock FBL head for months so now with this head fitted the difference is like night and day.

All I've done is, get some threaded 3mm studs then cut to length & I got 2 new plastic ball links from my LHS as the Trex ones that came with the DFC fit the outrage balls quite loosely.
Well, later on I'll be at the field giving it a good run
seemore74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemore74 View Post
All arguments aside, this picture is just not right. Align brand name and Outrage brand name in the same photo?!

I have a couple velcro straps that are Align and I feel like I am cheating on Outrage.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

"I have a couple velcro straps that are Align and I feel like I am cheating on Outrage."

I believe I have Outrage straps on my Trex 600E, so that may balance things out from a Karma standpoint...
Old 03-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
"I have a couple velcro straps that are Align and I feel like I am cheating on Outrage."

I believe I have Outrage straps on my Trex 600E, so that may balance things out from a Karma standpoint...
That is totally different. Outrage on Align is a compliment. Align on Outrage is an insult.

I am being dramatic though. I like Align to start into the hobby and get something descent. After that you are at the mercy of there costs. Outrage has quality and the nice prices to make it worth while.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelinpr View Post
All arguments aside, this picture is just not right. Align brand name and Outrage brand name in the same photo?!

I have a couple velcro straps that are Align and I feel like I am cheating on Outrage.
You have got to be kidding Quality, in my book, comes from Germany, Japan or Korea. Both Outrage and Align stuff are made in China where the word quality doesn't even exist.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

That one I would, respectfully, disagree with.

I have some very high quality helicopters that were made in China (my favorite helicopters are made in China), as well as some toy trains, also of very high quality.

I have had no quality issues on the Fusion 50 (which is made in Viet Nam, not China, if memory serves).

Align was originally made in Taiwan or Korea (I cannot remember which), not China. I do not know if this is still the case.

I don't think, in this day and age, one can state that country of origin determines the level of quality.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6d View Post
You have got to be kidding Quality, in my book, comes from Germany, Japan or Korea. Both Outrage and Align stuff are made in China where the word quality doesn't even exist.
don't tell me you own an IPad.....
Old 03-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh1teAfr1can View Post
don't tell me you own an IPad.....
Nope. I am an open source guy. I have never own an Apple product in my life. Android and Linux is all I used. Apple made good product and does good job in outsourcing to China but their product quality policy comes at a very big cost to the people who made it.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:28 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6d View Post
Nope. I am an open source guy. I have never own an Apple product in my life. Android and Linux is all I used. Apple made good product and does good job in outsourcing to China but their product quality policy comes at a very big cost to the people who made it.
you just contradicted yourself. do i agree with how laborers in china are treated? no but that is the apple's in the worlds fault for being so greedy. your average "quality" iphone costs 60 bucks to make company like apple makes $850 bucks.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:01 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

We are going OT so I don't want dwell on this further but I must say that Apple has spent a lot of money to make sure their products meet their standard before they even consider selling to their customers whereas I doubt very much Align or Outrage would do anything even remotely similar.

And the iPhone costs a lot more than $60 to make ( 3x for materials alone) -- I am in the electronics biz.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:18 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Apple....Oranges.......Align.......Outrage....:rol l:
Well, another great flight on the Frankenstein Heli yesterday & I'm loving the DFC setup more & more. I just can't get a decent camera man to capture the footage.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:26 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

OP, how much lower is your conversion compared to the stock head? I am going to order parts and convert mine -- I really like the look of yours
Old 03-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

ke6d, i've lent my original head to a friend for him to try & find a problem on his so I can't check height that way but at the mo the centre of the spindle is 142mm from top of the boom, this you can check on yours by extending one blade over or inline with the boom, with the servos at 90 (just use the pins to hold centre stick). Then measure from tip of blade to boom and see what you get.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cooool!

I really like the DFC head. I will eventually replace the heads on all my (3) helis with DFC heads when I crash them.

If I have understood you correctly, the DFC head was a direct bolt on? It should work on my Velocity 50N2 too.
Jotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

seemore74, did you use the Align DFC main shaft? Does it go into the 3rd bearing block below the main gear?
Jotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nah, I used the fusion main shaft, it fits perfectly
Old 03-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I have decided to give the Compass version a go. It's just been ordered and I will keep you guys posted once I get it fitted and test flown.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:12 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the compass head on my trex 500 and it works really well. i think it looks cooler than the DFC head. It is a little pricey but its really good.

my only suggestion is get rid of the stock dampers and get a set of KBDD lime green ones. the stock ones dont work very well.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:41 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wh1teAfr1can,

"my only suggestion is get rid of the stock dampers and get a set of KBDD lime green ones."

I would agree with this, having been flying the Fusion with the KBDD Lime Green Dampers for about two months. Very sharp and crisp on the cyclic!

Carapau,

"Well, I have decided to give the Compass version a go. It's just been ordered and I will keep you guys posted once I get it fitted and test flown."

Please keep us posted on this conversion. I have done this on several brands of helicopters with great success, so I am interested in hearing your results, sir.

I would use the KBDD Lime Green Dampers and spaces in the Compass/TracX heads, also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in