Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2015, 08:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Rescue does not work

Good day.
My message to manufacturers Skookum.
Today again a helicopter shattered.

Make slow play in YouTube.

Краш на Дружбе (0 min 27 sec)

I make a revolution and return the helicopter to a horizontal position, but at this moment (22 seconds) takes control of the system, seen a small dip in height which leads to rescue triggered at a low altitude. Then work your "recovery system" that strikes the helicopter sideways to the ground.

Let's find out why.
Several times I checked the "return home" and "rescue-S floor" mode height restrictions, they worked. Further, when
Send you log vibration, I have no other.
Maybe this is due to errors in the GPS module? I once wrote to you about it, just sending
Do you picture where the computer says this error.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bj5rt3auk3t7uiw/001.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9fgu1b4p7o83du/002.jpg

Log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmuwgz8oq2dniie/LOG50.SKV

This is the second fall and they are completely identical in their appearance.
I'm not a rich man and I have to spend a large part of its budget for the restoration of the helicopter.

Your support is not responding to my emails.
I bought you GPS, it probably defective.
I send you the flight log, which is a loss of satellites. Log151
When you activate the "return home", the helicopter turned upside down and I miraculously managed to disable this function. Log151
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4zvr0txqgndeg4/LOG151.SKL

I bought you SK720BE (PayPal transaction: 0AY01899N5647684A), but you do not answer.
MarioFly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2015, 01:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

=[ Really sorry to hear this report, normally I can find "something" by way of a clue in the log, an overview for me would be the GPS sats are weak, perhaps not dependable?, I suspect the 720's accelerometers are damaged, the heli looks "nervous" in playback. what status LED's were showing both on the GPS & 720?

Mechanically, there seems to be a vibration caused by elevator full deflection, from the crash site/inspection can you accurately say if the elevator servo's to swash (ie, all 3 are elevator) had somehow let go? only you can determine this part. very difficult to discern between a crash breakage and an in-flight fail, I know.

SK will be able to access full data for the flight, and will respond accordingly, please let me know of this progress, I can check if a ticket has been opened. sometimes their spam filters block out the good guys!

best, georgi.

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2015, 02:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

For me self-leveling does not work too. Of cause in my case the reason is vibration. But in some flights I've managed to keep vibration under 7 to 5,4 points, but self-leveling didn't work any way.
Another problem vibration score. When I record vibration log vibes are near 5 under 7 points, but as soon as I record playback vibes are always more than 7 points. No setup change or crash. 2 flight one after another. Strange, isn't it?
Also strange readings in Last Flight/Peak Sustained RPM window. It always show the same number 3800. That is not very possible as I usually fly 3250 RPM with some overdrive peaks to 3600. In any case the number should change from flight to flight, but it stuck. Field terminal has problem in this menu too, always showing -40 RPM
All this problem happened to SK720 blue after 4.05 update.
Tigron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2015, 04:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigron View Post
For me self-leveling does not work too. Of cause in my case the reason is vibration. But in some flights I've managed to keep vibration under 7 to 5,4 points, but self-leveling didn't work any way.
Another problem vibration score. When I record vibration log vibes are near 5 under 7 points, but as soon as I record playback vibes are always more than 7 points. No setup change or crash. 2 flight one after another. Strange, isn't it?
Also strange readings in Last Flight/Peak Sustained RPM window. It always show the same number 3800. That is not very possible as I usually fly 3250 RPM with some overdrive peaks to 3600. In any case the number should change from flight to flight, but it stuck. Field terminal has problem in this menu too, always showing -40 RPM
All this problem happened to SK720 blue after 4.05 update.
=] you must state if the SK is showing a red/green led vibration error flicker?

Old 07-24-2015, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Before I turned on SL in bank 2 it all the time showed green. As soon as I turned on SL for bank 2 it shows vibration error even if I fly in bank 1 without SL all the flight. Also it really looks like vibration number increased 1-3 points as soon as I turned on SL in one of the banks.
Today I'll check it with new antivibration pad. Hope it will help. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of space for anti vibration sandvich experiments in my new Forza 450.
In any case 4.05 firmware looks less stable than old firmwares.
Strange max RPM reading. By the way I forgot to mention that though max RPM window shows crazy number -40 in Playback RPM reading is correct and even governor works ok. So the problem is in the program.
And unlike the topic starter I don't have GPS.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Before I turned on SL in bank 2 it all the time showed green. As soon as I turned on SL for bank 2 it shows vibration error even if I fly in bank 1 without SL all the flight. Also it really looks like vibration number increased 1-3 points as soon as I turned on SL in one of the banks.
Today I'll check it with new antivibration pad. Hope it will help. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of space for anti vibration sandvich experiments in my new Forza 450.
In any case 4.05 firmware looks less stable than old firmwares.
Strange max RPM reading. By the way I forgot to mention that though max RPM window shows crazy number -40 in Playback RPM reading is correct and even governor works ok. So the problem is in the program.
And unlike the topic starter I don't have GPS.
Lets start a new dedicated (your) thread and get you sorted!
Old 07-25-2015, 08:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Luvmyhelis
Excuse me but no way! I've followed this advise when I was asking about governor fine tuning and no answer in my thread at all.

georgi
Here are my today logs (No. 76-80). No setup change. No crash. Flight one after another. SK720 blue is mounted on Align PU Adhesive Gel and very soft band around it.
And a couple of vibration logs from previous weekend to compare (No. 70 & 71), when SK was mounted on simple M3 double sided tape.
Logs are HERE in my OneDrive.
Old 07-25-2015, 01:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

=] Tigron, there are 6 logs for me to go through, so I will view them tomorrow, will need some time on this, in the meantime, is your heli belt or TT tail driven?

Old 07-25-2015, 02:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Forza 450 is belt driven.
I've already replaced almost all moving parts in the tail trying to reduce vibration. It reduced, but not enough for SL.
It looks like vibration is transfered somehow to the unit. Next time I'll try to recheck the wires and posibility of transfering vibratiion to gyro and gyro pad.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I know that the first file in the high vibration, but I brought it up as an example to show that GPS satellites are lost.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4zvr0txqg...OG151.SKL?dl=0

The second file with low vibration and suggests that your recovery system is not working.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmuwgz8oq2...LOG50.SKV?dl=0
MarioFly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2015, 04:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy

More than a week passed and no answer from the team.
I've several times checked my unit. Tried it without cables, tried different locations, tried different anti-vibration tapes and combination of it. No use.
Even on the ground the log shows bad fore-aft vibes at the tail frequency (my unit is bus pointed forward). I've checked the tail many times too. When it works at full speed I can feel some very little vibes with my hand, but it is so little. And there is no heli without vibes at all.
In flight the behavior is more strange. One flight the vibes is OK and SL is working, another flight after that it has a lot of vibes.
I'm a little disappointed with this fact. Before upgrading to 4.05 I used this unit on my Fusion 50 with 3.43 and there was not more than 1 point vibes. Before that there also was GAUI 255 at version 2 and again not more than 4-5 point so vibes. Now with the latest update I always have more than 10 points.
My unit is very old. Produced in 2010. I wonder is it possible that some internal vibration isolation became dried out and ruined?
Old 08-06-2015, 12:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
More than a week passed and no answer from the team.
I've several times checked my unit. Tried it without cables, tried different locations, tried different anti-vibration tapes and combination of it. No use.
Even on the ground the log shows bad fore-aft vibes at the tail frequency (my unit is bus pointed forward). I've checked the tail many times too. When it works at full speed I can feel some very little vibes with my hand, but it is so little. And there is no heli without vibes at all.
In flight the behavior is more strange. One flight the vibes is OK and SL is working, another flight after that it has a lot of vibes.
I'm a little disappointed with this fact. Before upgrading to 4.05 I used this unit on my Fusion 50 with 3.43 and there was not more than 1 point vibes. Before that there also was GAUI 255 at version 2 and again not more than 4-5 point so vibes. Now with the latest update I always have more than 10 points.
My unit is very old. Produced in 2010. I wonder is it possible that some internal vibration isolation became dried out and ruined?
You can carefully pull the plastic case and inspect the unit? If it is still solidly mounted on the base it is ok. I have on quite a few used units I purchased in the past for myself and others. I fly with a very very old 720B on my Triabolo. The upgrade didn't change anything on mine?
Tail vibes are the #1 culprit in high vibes in the 450 class. It is one of the hardest sizes to get right and takes some work. Especially on certain brands. For mid freq tail vibes here you can't solve, use softer foam, especially if you aren't using a vibe plate. I use 2mm aluminum plate here myself. I also scrap factory tail bearings all around in favor of abec 9 rated versions. They are rarely even close to actual abec 3 in your brand. And plastic tail blades are horrid.

I would clean out the Sk720 also, and re load the software again? Sounds like you may have a glitch?

On your gov, usually if no one answers no one looking has the answer, especially if they aren't flying your exact equipment. Starting a dedicated thread just makes it easier to reference or find it in the future if needed and doesn't clutter up the ops own out of respect is all. If he is fine with it, then great!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in