Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods

600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Align T-REX 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 03:40 PM   #901 (permalink)
ady
Registered Users

the thing is , i`ve flown this heli a lot , and i mean alot , 12s or nitro , same heli tho , flybarless without electronics , i fitted a 3G a sort while ago and after a few flights she went in due to cyclic failure , took the 3G back to get checked but it got lost in the post , so the shop gave me the parts to rebuild anyhow , i`ve been flying this heli the past few weeks FBL with no electronics agains cos i enjoy it , on thursday i was given a new 3G unit , so i fitted it , and friday evening on the second flight , i lost all cyclics n tail and in she went please note , another reg ( flighttech) was being used at this time , rebuilt heli this morning with wifes credit card , removed reg and went direct from a 2s li-po cos the 3G can take it and i`ve flown this way for a while with my DS610`s , servo`s were being fed from the reg as i`d by-passed the 3G , different receiver too , but alas , after 3mins on my timer , in she went again , with no cyclics at all , i used the transmitter for my planks and they don`t have problems , so i ain`t a clue , but all i do now is for a fact is that everytime i fit a 3G to this heli , it stops working , but its 2 3G`s , but i have changed the rec , reg n li-po ? anyhow its bust for now and i`ll ask father xmas for a new kit
ady is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #902 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalk3r View Post
the instructions for the WR bec say to remove the positive red wire from the ESC...has anyone done this with a CC type esc ? something about them being opto-isolated and needing that wire to be connected seems to come to mind.
Well the CC Phoenix user guide is quite clear about that:
Quote:
You should NEVER disconnect the red throttle wire
on the Phoenix HV or Phoenix Ice HV ESCs..
/Lars
Old 06-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #903 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lajon View Post
Well the CC Phoenix user guide is quite clear about that:

/Lars
Lars ; exactly ! but who do I go with . CC says dont remove WR says do remove !
SkinWalk3r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #904 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

SkinWalk3r, the CC HV85 that I run does not supply power to the rec. so you have to use a BEC. On my CC45 that I run on my 450 it can/does power the rec., but I run a BEC for that ESC (to help with heat and supply more amps) so I have to disconnect the red wire so I do not double the power to my rec. and fry it. I am not sure about the ICE version as I do not have one.The reason the WR BEC says to disconnect the red wire is so you are not sending more voltage than needed. So if you have the Phoenix HV85, leave the red wire. I hope this helps.

climbing-n-flying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #905 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbing-n-flying View Post
SkinWalk3r, the CC HV85 that I run does not supply power to the rec. so you have to use a BEC. On my CC45 that I run on my 450 it can/does power the rec., but I run a BEC for that ESC (to help with heat and supply more amps) so I have to disconnect the red wire so I do not double the power to my rec. and fry it. I am not sure about the ICE version as I do not have one.The reason the WR BEC says to disconnect the red wire is so you are not sending more voltage than needed. So if you have the Phoenix HV85, leave the red wire. I hope this helps.

Good to know for future reference.
Trex 600 ESP FBL - Beastx
adroc3905 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2010, 02:13 AM   #906 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Lars ; exactly ! but who do I go with . CC says dont remove WR says do remove !
Opto isolated esc's such as the CC 85/110 HV or CC ICE HV series require the use of the power provided on the red wire, by an external BEC or regulator, to power the logic of the speed controller.

Western Robotics are suggesting the red wire is disconnect if the esc is not opto-isolated and has an active internal switching or linear BEC installed.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:59 AM   #907 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rceccleston View Post
Opto isolated esc's such as the CC 85/110 HV or CC ICE HV series require the use of the power provided on the red wire, by an external BEC or regulator, to power the logic of the speed controller.

Western Robotics are suggesting the red wire is disconnect if the esc is not opto-isolated and has an active internal switching or linear BEC installed.
I experienced this the hard way because I could not calibrate my esc, have to send back to hobby shop and to Horizon Hobby. The technician told me that the red wire needs to be plugged on the receiver even though there is a BEC installed. Thank you Rceccleston for sharing your 12s setup, I finally finished building mine. Hope to maiden Thursday (10/6). Here 's a couple of pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6425.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	161132   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6426.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	161133   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6430.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	161134   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6437.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	161135  
chucky21022002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2010, 07:05 AM   #908 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok. thanks Lars and climbing-n-flying and rceccleston and others
Old 06-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #909 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky21022002 View Post
I experienced this the hard way because I could not calibrate my esc, have to send back to hobby shop and to Horizon Hobby. The technician told me that the red wire needs to be plugged on the receiver even though there is a BEC installed. Thank you Rceccleston for sharing your 12s setup, I finally finished building mine. Hope to maiden Thursday (10/6). Here 's a couple of pics...
I'm curious, what Turnigy batteries are those? You look to have pretty much the exact setup I am building (though I'm seriously thinking of replacing the CC BEC PRO). Are they 6s3000 40C? If so, how's the CG?

Thanks!
Pete
lovespicyfood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #910 (permalink)
Registered Users

will I be ok running the 4025-630 with 13t Mikado ?
Old 06-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #911 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
I'm curious, what Turnigy batteries are those? You look to have pretty much the exact setup I am building (though I'm seriously thinking of replacing the CC BEC PRO). Are they 6s3000 40C? If so, how's the CG?

Thanks!
Pete
Pete, those batteries are 40C 3000maH Flightmax batteries. The CoG is nose heavy. I made a few modifications like moving the battery tray back a little bit ( there is a hole further back where the original placement of the batt tray), moving the BEC at the back and thinking of changing those plastic tail grips with metal ones. If worse comes to worst, I might add some stick-on lead weights to correct the Cog.

Last edited by chucky21022002; 06-06-2010 at 06:49 PM..
Old 06-06-2010, 11:34 PM   #912 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the reply, I aprpeciate it. I loathe adding weight to correct COG issues but sometimes you have no choice... Hmmmm...perhaps I should go for lighter lipos...
lovespicyfood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2010, 11:53 PM   #913 (permalink)
Registered Users

Chucky I'm not sure how yours is so nose heavy. I'm using the turnigy 3000mah 40c's which are 40 grams per batt heavier and mine is spot on. The only difference I can see from your pics is my bec is on the bottom tray at the back.
Cheers
Steve
Alloybender is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2010, 05:10 AM   #914 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloybender View Post
Chucky I'm not sure how yours is so nose heavy. I'm using the turnigy 3000mah 40c's which are 40 grams per batt heavier and mine is spot on. The only difference I can see from your pics is my bec is on the bottom tray at the back.
Cheers
Steve
Steve, I found the culprit. It was the Fusuno canopy. The canopy is way heavier than the align ones. I will weigh it when I have the chance. I swapped canopy and guess what? It was bang on.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #915 (permalink)
Registered Users

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BJJGb90rZE[/ame]

movie of the fourth flight of my new 12s setup.

stef
stef110 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #916 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 4025-630 12T TEMP

I am close to my maiden on the 12s 600e, what shoud I expect to see in terms of motor temp on a 3-4 minute break in flight?

My back ground is nearly all Nitro all them wires are scarin' me!!
GB ian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010, 02:03 PM   #917 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef110 View Post
movie of the fourth flight of my new 12s setup.

stef

Nice! Love the close up inverted hover.
Trex 600 ESP FBL - Beastx
adroc3905 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #918 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default another trex 600 using trex 700 tail boom and torque tube testing

the guy said just testing ,use 90% throttle

imloo3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #919 (permalink)
Registered Users

any recommendations on what type of adapter to get to connect the two 6s batts to 12s ? anything from Readyheli ?
Old 06-08-2010, 03:46 PM   #920 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
any recommendations on what type of adapter to get to connect the two 6s batts to 12s ? anything from Readyheli ?
I haven't seen anything from rediheli, but at helidirect.com you can get one. Or just make one your self using these examples......

Deans:
http://www.helidirect.com/great-plan...ter-p-8712.hdx

EC3:
http://www.helidirect.com/battery-ha...ire-p-8006.hdx

you can also find them at heliproz also
http://www.heliproz.com/products.asp?dept=124

climbing-n-flying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in