Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion

Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers and Other Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2004, 09:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Very stange TJ-Pro problem, makes no sense. Any ideas?

I have a TJ-Pro governor and it works very nice. I am having one major problem that does not seem to make any sense.

I am using one of those JR 600 6 channel FM receivers in my Raptor 50. When I start the engine, my servos glitch and go nuts when the engine is idling. When I throttle up, it goes away. I thought it may be a dry bearing or a bad receiver. I replaced any questionable bearings and put in another JR 600 Fm receiver that I know works perfect. Still I have the same problem. Just for kicks, I disconnected the TJ-Pro and routed my throttle servo directly into the receiver. Everything worked perfect. I idled and flew a whole tank without any problems. The servos were rock solid. As soon as I re connected the TJ-Pro all the glitching came back. Is this a FM only problem? Is my receiver getting interference from the governor electronics? I routed my antenna all sorts of ways away from any wiring and it did not help. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Mike
mikef is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2004, 05:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Sounds like you should not fly it.

I would try a new throttle servo. Just plug it in not necessary to hook linkage up first and rule out the possibility of a bad throttle servo. I know whether or not it is plugged into the TJ should not matter, but I have had a few bad servos cause gliching problems in weird ways like this before. :?:

I moved this post (shadow link still in the main forum) to the Model Avionics Factory support Forum in the hope that a Model Avionics staff member might be able to better shed light on this issue. I know there are a few Model Avionics experts monitoring this Forum.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I emailed Model Avionics yesterday and they emailed me back today! I was very impressed with their response. They said this is very unusual and that they will send me a new unit immediately. Once I get it, I can send back my defective unit.

I was pretty surprised to get a response so fast. They defiantly have some good costumer support. I will buy from them again in a heartbeat.

I will try a different servo and see what happens.

Mike
mikef is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2004, 06:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with Model Avionics.

Paul pretty much sets the standard, hands down! Very few other manufacturers offer the level of complete customer satisfaction Model Avionics does.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in