Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Flybarless Protos, share your files and your notes on your setups :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhuans View Post
Dont have any issue with Beastx and my P500 until now. Everything is running smoothly.
I recommend you guy should use one of famous FBL units like Brain/iKon, BeastX, Vbar or Skookum...You really get what you pay for!!!
I'd feel that putting a ZYX on my Protos would be akin to putting Shinko tyres on my Ducati.
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverse View Post
I'd feel that putting a ZYX on my Protos would be akin to putting Shinko tyres on my Ducati.
Not at all. The zyx is a solid FBL system and the yet unreleased firmware v4 has great cyclic feel too.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Flybarless Protos, share your files and your notes on your setups :)

To be fair, I did have the first release ZYX which was an awful FBL system.
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

ya..Tarot ZXY is a good FBL unit buy what I listed out there are great FBL controller!!!
ddhuans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The v1 of pretty much every fbl system is generally terrible. As long as continual improvements are made, the zyx is on par with the lot imo.

And speaking of zyx support, read this https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=506393

And somehow the zyx seems to fly extremely well on the Protos, so well, in fact that I have no inclination to change it even after flying 2 top shelf systems including the Brain.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Old 03-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Everyone.
I have just acquired a streched flybarless carbon Protos and i have the Full Size Blueline Vbar 5.3 Pro with my setup.
I am using the the Scorpion 900kv motor and Hobbywing ESC and the HobbyWing phase sensor with Vbar Gov.
I have the Hyperion HV servos on the cyclics and Align DS615 on the tail. All the distances for the servo and the horns for the cyclic and tail servos are as per manual.
I have a separate 2S Lipo for the electronics and 6S Lipo 2650mah for the main flight pack. 14T motor pinion.

I get to hover....and i get a wag....i have checked the mechanical integrity of the tail several times and all seems well. The tail push rod is a little tight and the ball links where the tail push rod attaches to the tail servo horn is a little tight. The tail pitch slider seems OK to me also. I plan to to ream the links a little so that the tail push rod moves smoother....Anything else i should be doing or thinking?

Vbar settings for Main rotor gain is at 50 and the tail rotor gain is at 90. I have checked my transmitter gyro gain and i have increased and decreased this at various intervals BUT this wag is still there on hover. Idle 1 1900rpm and Idle 2 at 2700rpm. Wag is present in both setting BUT less at Idle 2
I attempt a forward flight and i can barely keep it steady !!

Vbar file here is for Mini Vbar....can i use these settings for Full size Vbar also?
Any thought or feedback on what i should be checking or looking for?

Thanks in advance.
Goblin 770Comp/630Comp/ 570/380,TDR 2011, Logo 700 Xxtreme/600SE/480Xxtreme,Trex 700E Airwolf fuse,Fusion 50 Hughes MD500E fuse,Raptor E700, Trex 800E DFC Pro/550L Dom/250E DFC/450E DFC EC135 fuse, Gaui X3,Blade 300CFX/130X,250 Quad,Phantom2,FY680
sashin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashin View Post
Hello Everyone.
I have just acquired a streched flybarless carbon Protos and i have the Full Size Blueline Vbar 5.3 Pro with my setup.
I am using the the Scorpion 900kv motor and Hobbywing ESC and the HobbyWing phase sensor with Vbar Gov.
I have the Hyperion HV servos on the cyclics and Align DS615 on the tail. All the distances for the servo and the horns for the cyclic and tail servos are as per manual.
I have a separate 2S Lipo for the electronics and 6S Lipo 2650mah for the main flight pack. 14T motor pinion.

I get to hover....and i get a wag....i have checked the mechanical integrity of the tail several times and all seems well. The tail push rod is a little tight and the ball links where the tail push rod attaches to the tail servo horn is a little tight. The tail pitch slider seems OK to me also. I plan to to ream the links a little so that the tail push rod moves smoother....Anything else i should be doing or thinking?

Vbar settings for Main rotor gain is at 50 and the tail rotor gain is at 90. I have checked my transmitter gyro gain and i have increased and decreased this at various intervals BUT this wag is still there on hover. Idle 1 1900rpm and Idle 2 at 2700rpm. Wag is present in both setting BUT less at Idle 2
I attempt a forward flight and i can barely keep it steady !!

Vbar file here is for Mini Vbar....can i use these settings for Full size Vbar also?
Any thought or feedback on what i should be checking or looking for?

Thanks in advance.

Your tail wag at low RPM and better at high RPM is because your DS615 is designed for cyclic, its speed is too slow, very very slow for your tail, get DS650, DS655 or even Futaba BLS251, I'm sure 100% the wag will be gone, and your tail will hold better, rock solid!
And you should check your tail gain channel. is it change the tail gain value on PC screen when you change your tail gain on your Tx? Have you tried to lower your tail gain?
Old 03-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually you are right my rudder servo is Align DS 655 NOT DS 615 as i mentioned in my initial post. I have also found out that the tail blade grips were actually moving even though the screws that attach the grips to the central tail shaft were completely tightened. Anyway i have just purchased the thrusted bearing kit upgrade for the tail and will try this to see if the wag is resolved after this upgrade.
Goblin 770Comp/630Comp/ 570/380,TDR 2011, Logo 700 Xxtreme/600SE/480Xxtreme,Trex 700E Airwolf fuse,Fusion 50 Hughes MD500E fuse,Raptor E700, Trex 800E DFC Pro/550L Dom/250E DFC/450E DFC EC135 fuse, Gaui X3,Blade 300CFX/130X,250 Quad,Phantom2,FY680
Old 03-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it still wag, try to shorten your tail servo arm by moving the ball closer to the center to get more tail resolution. May be your mechanical gain is too high. With the lower mechanical gain and improved resolution, tail performance is improved.
And you should disable Vbar governor while tuning your tail (using V-curve or ESC governor instead). Vbar governor gain is too high can cause tail wag too.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If it still wag, try to shorten your tail servo arm by moving the ball closer to the center to get more tail resolution. May be your mechanical gain is too high. With the lower mechanical gain and improved resolution, tail performance is improved.
And you should disable Vbar governor while tuning your tail (using V-curve or ESC governor instead). Vbar governor gain is too high can cause tail wag too.
Thanks will post when i have made the upgrade and inform if the wag is resolved.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Well i changed to the thrusted tail and i still had the wag.
FInally wag resolved completly at idle 2 @ 2700rpm BUT still present slightly at idle 1 @ 1900 rpm. It was resolved after i disabled the Vbar governer and just used the governor in my HobbyWing ESC. I will now try the the tail resolution issue by moving my tail servo arm ball link closer to the center and report back to see if i can get rid of the wag at lower rpm. Thanks for the help thus far ddhuans.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

You're welcome. Helping you is help us too, we will have more experiences in tuning our birds
Old 06-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just converted my Protos 500. I fly mild 3D (inverted, flips) and sport.

MSH Flybarless head conversion kit. Hyperion DS16FMG x3, S9650x1

Tarot ZYX-S 4.1 on Futaba 9CAP with Spektrum module.

Moved Cyclic servo balls one hole inwards (= 13mm from middle. Original outer hole was MSH spec of 16mm, Tarot recommend 14-14.5 . This was close enough to give an XYZ collective range of -70ish (was -54 on the outer 16mm holes in the servo horn) at 12 degrees pitch range. I Fly at -62 which gives 11 degrees pitch range.

Cyclic range measured at 8 degrees.

Tail servo changed to 9mm as per Tarot instructions - 7.5-10mm (was at MSH spec, quite a lot further out).

Tail linkage shortened to give around 9 degrees pitch to achieve steady tail in Rate mode hover. Had to pretty much wind it all the way in at each end. Cant' see why you do this but the guide on here says so.... so.... (I never fly rate mode).

Tarot ZYX settings (still playing but this gives a smooth ride. Tail is brisk but not mental. Stops without bouncing. Doesn't wander much. Cyclic is crisp with no wobble. Stays exactly where you leave it when hands off sticks. I'm no 3D master so I have no idea about absolute performance.

BASIC
3D Soft
Roll Agi-35, Gain-50
Pitch Agi-35, Gain-50
Tail Yaw rate L-35, Yaw rate R-35, Gain 100

ADVANCED
Main Rotor
Roll P gain-85, I Gain-125, D Gain-30
Pitch P gain-85, I gain-125, D gain-30
RC Dead band 10, Gyro dead band 4, Burst 20

Tail Rotor
Yaw P gain-80
Yaw I gain-50
Yaw D gain-25
Accel L-110, Accel R-110, Dec L-15, Dec R-15 (Dec L and R came down a lot to stop tail bounce at end of piro stabs)
RC dead band-10, Gyro Dead-4
Tail Comp cy-t=0, col-t=0, zp=0

Futaba set:

Expo Cyclic = -40%, rudder = -24%

Seems OK so far.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:32 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

very nice, dodgey.

Here's my ZYX v4.00 setup file for the Protos.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Protos.ini.txt (1.6 KB, 185 views)
Goblin Speed | iKon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in