Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion

Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers and Other Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default cant get cc to program?

hey guys i installed the software for the castle link and want to setup the cc bec pro for 6v and the cc100a esc gov mode but the software reconizes the link but not the bec or esc what am i doing wrong? any help would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's odd.

Normally once the link is recognized, simply plugging in the ESC should get it to work.
Is this the standard 100A ICE, and not a HV version? I think you have to power up the HV version with an external battery (but don't trust me on that since I don't have a HV version).

If it is a standard 100A ESC, make sure the receiver plug on the ESC has all pins connected. I wonder if you removed the powered pin since you have the BEC Pro.

With regards to the BEC Pro, I haven't actually programmed one of those, but I think you need an adapter cable to plug into the link. It should have come with the BEC Pro.

Wish I could be of more help. Maybe others will have some ideas too.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

i do have the red terminal removed on the esc since i am running the cc bec, and yes it is the standard 100a esc not a hv , alsowhen i opened the bec there was no 2 wire jumper with it , it said there was one but nope there was'nt, i was using a servo extension cable , what wires are connected to the 2 wire jumper for the bec????? i can try removing the one i dont need also having to remove the shrink wrap to get to the esc wire i diconnected sucks!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdsguy1 View Post
i do have the red terminal removed on the esc since i am running the cc bec, and yes it is the standard 100a esc not a hv , alsowhen i opened the bec there was no 2 wire jumper with it , it said there was one but nope there was'nt, i was using a servo extension cable , what wires are connected to the 2 wire jumper for the bec????? i can try removing the one i dont need also having to remove the shrink wrap to get to the esc wire i diconnected sucks!
Contact CC about the missing 2-wire. Mine was actually missing its adapter too, Heliproz South sent me the replacement. Maybe there was a number of Pros that were shipped without the adapter. (I still haven't actually programmed the Pro BEC.

I am wondering if you can simply attach a main lipo pack to the ESC. That would supply it with power, and then maybe it would link up without reattaching the missing wire on the receiver connector. However I am not positive if that is a good idea or not---in other words, call up CC and ask them about it. Do it at the same time you ask for an adapter cable!
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

i just got off the phone with cc and got my awnsers hopefully this will help others out there, on the cc bec pro you can use a servo extension but you either need to disconnect the middle wire and supply voltage to the bec or you can use the 3 wire BUT DISCONNECT THE TWO RECIEVER LEADS OR BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN that way the bec is getting power through the link...and on the esc you do have to reconnect the red wire to read data ect.

they are mailing me a jumper wire that i was missing no hassle at all ...thanks guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in