Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 02:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone bound a SR Tx to a CP Pro Heli (swapped rx obviously)

I had started with the CP Pro a long time ago and found it impossible as a first heli, especially with the uber sensitive setting on the Tx from the factory. Even Playing with flybar weights, training gear, and adding flat bottomed plasti-blades did nothing to allow me to fly the thing. I could hover, that was absolutely it and it was a chore and a half.

I have recently been flying a mSR with great success. Well, my buddy crashed his SR and had upgraded to a DX6 Tx. I bought that mSR with the SR tx. (everyone still with me here? lol)

So since he has this SR in pieces with no plans to fix it I want to take at minimum the receiver from it, put it in the CP Pro and see how it will do. Its the identical head design so I'm thinking this should work quite well with maybe a little finagling on the push rod adjustments.

If it works out I might be seeing what I have to do to sweet talk the brushless motor and esc out of him but I do not even know if that will mount up. I'd be happy just to have the D/R functionality of the SR transmitter on my CP Pro so I can actually fly the thing because a new Tx just isn't in the budget at the moment. My employer was bought out and I lost my job! (Dang canadians!)

So... to recap... I have mSR, with SR remote. (Flies just fine!!!! except for rudder control sucks) I have a CP pro with a Tx I can not use to fly it. I have access to the pieces of an SR. Harvest receiver from SR, place it in the CP Pro, bind, check pitch, tracking, etc, and see if she will fly.

Think it will work?!
MKEGuy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Its driving me nuts that my schedule and my buddies schedules just can't seem to line up so I can get the receiver from him to try and get my CP Pro back in the air!

Still curious to hear if anyone else has done something like this!
Old 09-08-2011, 05:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Should work. Might want to add an extra pair of flybar weights to help increase stability. I don't think it's going to make it a good beginner heli like the SR is, more like just a CPP in low rates.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It should work, I'd just double check the manual (you can get them online from bladehelis.com) to make sure the reversing switches are OK.

Also... as a shameless plug, I've got a 6 month old HP6DSM that came from a CPPro2 for sale in the for sale threads https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=334971

I only used it out of the box to make sure the CPPro2 flew OK before I bound it to my DX8, and have since junked the CPPro2.
JoeW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Funny.. I was thinking about this same thing just the other day. I have an SR sitting around doing nothing and a CPP2 TX sitting around doing nothing. I think I just might combine the two tonight and see how it does.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

MY CP PRO is hanging on the wall just waiting for the Tx so I can bind it up and see what happens. I can't fricken wait!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW View Post

Also... as a shameless plug, I've got a 6 month old HP6DSM that came from a CPPro2 for sale in the for sale threads https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=334971
The HP6DSM is actually the Tx that came with the SR so I actually already have one. The only Tx I will be spending my money on from here is a quality radio once my job search is over!

I'm having problems deciding between a Spektrum system and something like the Futaba's that seem to be really popular as of late.

Long ago when Spektrum first came out for rc cars I was racing toruing cars and had the system shut down on me after I had qualified so well for the Stock Rubber Nationals. Actually qualified in with the pro division and during the jostling of the rough starts the rx shut down on me at the beginning of every race but 2 of the 6. So though I'm sure there have been improvements, my experience makes me a little gun shy.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

The HP6DSM that came with the CPP2 and with the SR are programmed differently. The SR version has a LOT of expo built in and possibly a more limited swash movement. I am sure some of the subdued control rates come from the wide spaced swash. I am curious how the SR flies on the CPP2 remote.

I went to do this today and found the swash had a broken ball on it. I will have to hit the LHS before I can play around with it.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

LOL.. just dug through my crap. I remembered that HH sent me a new swash when my old one kept separating. I bonded the old one and never had an issue with it again. I will get on this now!!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got it all fixed up and bound to the CPP2 TX. The tail was acting quite funny. I went through the heli and leveled the swash, got pitch to zero at mid stick and plugged the gyro gain plug into channel 5. The tail still sucked. It seemed overly sensitive to rudder inputs and did not hold very well despite playing with gain. Cyclic felt pretty decent.

I bound it back to the SR TX and this sorted the tail issues out. The tail was quite manageable. I could tell that cyclic had a bunch of expo and needed to exaggerate stick movements to keep the heli in check.

I suspect that putting a CPP2 on an SR TX might feel decent on cyclic but the tail may be underwhelming. I might try to put my CPP2 back together and see how it does on the SR remote.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

The CPP with the SR remote is exactly what I am doing!

Except I'm a newb to the air world of helis (lots of experience on the ground though) so this has all been a big learning experience!

I finally met up with my buddy and got the rx from him. I am currently going through the wiring, got it bound, and am working out all of the controls to make sure it works as expected. I still have not connected the motor and spun her up, but the battery is on the charger and that will be next on the check list so I can check tracking and such. I also have to bust out the soldering iron and solder the tail motor up because I put a new one on while I was at it. (new main motor too, I had both items there NIP so I figured what the heck!)

I can't wait to get this thing sorted out and in the air! Seems like this should be a lot of fun!
Old 09-13-2011, 11:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I have her all sorted. I did a couple quick hops in the living room. I do not have the nuts to try to hover in here due to space constraints and its been so dang long since I hovered this thing. I was quite happy that my confidence in it was much greater then its ever been. It doesn't feel so twitchy and uncontrollable, I really think this is going to make it a fun heli for me! So excited to take it to a nice sized grassy area tomorrow to try and get her off the ground for a while!
Old 09-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well one problem I need to work on is the tail wag that I am getting. Other then that she flies... well maybe I should say Hovers lol.... quite well. If I can figure out this tail issue so it will stop wagging I will be one happy guy!
Old 09-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

After some searching I found some setup information that either I missed or was not found in the instruction manuals for the CPP or the G90. Out to the driveway I go to see how it does now!
Old 09-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well it works great. I dont know what people are talking about in the stickied thread about flying the G90 in digital mode because my heli sure doesn't like it!

However my confidence in this thing keeps growing and growing, I even reached for the stunt mode switch and made my first flights in stunt mode. I actually like it a lot and will be flying this way only from now on. I like the feeling of having more control over the heli. A little down stick and instantly you can be going down and if you wanna pop back up push that stick back up. It feels like I'm more directly connected to it and I really like that feeling. No more tail wag either. I'm one happy guy. I'll definitely be flying this thing plenty and once money permits I see a 450 or hopefully a 500-550 in my future.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in