Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3GX set-up help

Trying to get things going with my new heli, finally figured out things with wiring, took up my whole evening. BUt i'm not getting any pitch servo movement. Connections are good, what gives? What could I possibly not have right? Going to bed, just hate going to bed frustrated over this. Also no throttle movement. SHould I be in ccpm 120? I'm in version 2 of 3gx, any set-up tips would help tremondously!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 02:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your TX will need to be set up for 3 servos 120.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

That's what the problem was, thanks. Anyone with ideas for the pitch servo not working? Maybe it will once I start things up with 120. The transmitter was set up as normal before.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the wrong thing plugged into the 3gx for pitch, working now. Finally can set everything else up.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still having loads of problems trying to set up 3GX. Its been almost an hour and still can't get past the first step becasue the swash will not stay level, leans towards one side. and when I start things up with the unit plugged into the computer it happens everytime, starts up normal when I plug in with it not connected to the computer.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I guess no one here can help me? Not getting any hits back on this. I dropped the heli off at the LHS, maybe he can get it going because I have an insane load on me until Easter is over. Wish someone on the forum could have helped but I didn't get any real responses.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Were you servo centering at 90degrees and leveling the swash in DIR mode?
DesJardins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by inner3 View Post
Still having loads of problems trying to set up 3GX. Its been almost an hour and still can't get past the first step becasue the swash will not stay level, leans towards one side. and when I start things up with the unit plugged into the computer it happens everytime, starts up normal when I plug in with it not connected to the computer.
Have you reset the Subtrims to zero after levelling the swash in DIR mode? are your trims centred? After you have levelled the swashplate in DIR mode using the Subtrims on your transmitter, unplug the Heli, and then switch off the transmitter. When you turn the transmitter back on, reset the subtrims to zero and then plug the heli back in. Good luck.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Were you trying to set up the servos in the correct mode? Hold down thw button on the top of the 3GX whilst plugging in the bat. When you see the led's blinking one after the other let go. You are now in DIR and can move the heli without it moving thevswash. Now you should set your servos to move in the right direction.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What I did is:
Leveled my swashplate in DIR mode with a swash leveler, Throttle stick at middle. All trims and subtrims at zero. Servos at 90°. The FBL settings without the PC, I am using 2.0v so I set pitch at 12° and AIL and ELE at 8° and don't forget to do it with your swashplate settings, not with your travel settings at TX. INH any setting like E-ring, mixes, etc. At this point you can check the correct movements for your servos going from - to + or viceversa in you swashplate. Then make the gyro settings and finally I plugged the pc and write all the stock settings to give a try. Until now I haven't change any settings and my bird flies 3 times better than 1.2v.
What I think is happening is that you can make the flying settings in the 3gx too, but at this point, your swash goes mad and your 3gx unit shows new led sequences to show the ranges, so this settings is better to get them from the pc.
Hope this help!!
conejo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 12:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did all of this and nothing worked. I left the heli with my hobby shop so he can take his time and get it figured out.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3GX spin

I finally got everything set up and was anxious to finally get my 450 in the air after over a week of prepping. Before I could get 1 inch off the ground it started spinning. Luckily I brought it down before anything reapply. Bad. I tried checking the gyro on the last steps but didn't really see enough movement to know if I needed to reverse elevator or aileron. Anyone know why this is happening?
Old 04-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3GX set up help, spinning problem

I finally got everything set up and was anxious to finally get my 450 in the air after over a week of prepping. Before I could get 1 inch off the ground it started spinning. Luckily I brought it down before anything reapply. Bad. I tried checking the gyro on the last steps but didn't really see enough movement to know if I needed to reverse elevator or aileron. Anyone know why this is happening?
Old 04-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by inner3 View Post
Ensuring that the auto correction direction of the cyclic controls of the FBL are critical, but what you describe is most likely the tail gyro control correction direction that's wrong.

If the Ail or Elev direction is wrong it will tip over as you're about to lift off.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

So how do I fix it?
Old 04-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Reverse the gyro direction in gyro setup. This very basic heli knowledge. If you don't know this, you should read up before you get yourself, or someone else, hurt. These are not toys.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

A litle more information is needed in order to help. Is this your first heli? was it in Rate mode or HH? how fast was the spinning? What are your gyro settings? I don't know why you would think the elevator or aileron would have anything to do with the spinning- What did you mean by checking the gyro on the last steps? last steps of what exactly?

I crashed my 450 3GX yesterday , I got disorientated and was about to crash into some trees- Had to hit the kill switch. Broken blades and skids- hopefully that's all. until then it was flying like a dream.
Good luck.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I understand your concern but no need to be rude. Your first answer was not understandable.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

The last steps of 3gx set up I had issues doing but fixed them now. But still have the spin problem.
This is my 7th Heli, but first one where I had to set up all of this information.
3gx set up is complete now but the spin is still there. Not sure how fast it's spinning because as soon as it does I throttle down so I never get off the ground. I'll look into the gyro reverse and see if that might help.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Reversed the gyro, still have the spin problem. Does anyone have helpful advice on this?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in