Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Other Frame Manufacturers and Scratch Build (Hoverthings, Blackout mini, etc)

Other Frame Manufacturers and Scratch Build (Hoverthings, Blackout mini, etc) Other Frame Manufacturers and Scratch Build (Hoverthings, Blackout mini, etc)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2014, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RC timer Q700 build.

I just purchased a Q700 kit from RC timer. I want to build a FPV setup. This is my first build and was looking for recommendations. The sky hero motor kit looks like the best bet. I was also looking at the anti-gravity T-Motor. I have a spare AR8000 receiver that I was hoping would work. I have some 6s batteries already. Lastly a NAZA V2 for my flight controller. Thats what I have come to after reading about lots of others builds. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Mattgzb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2014, 02:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Your AR8000 will work just fine. As for the motors, I personally like the Tigers (anti-grav, Navigator, whatever), although they come at a premium price. GetFPV's Lumenier motors are just Tiger motors rebranded and a bit cheaper to boot, so if you want the Tigers, you might have a look over at GetFPV.com. The Naza V2 will do you fine. For the same price, you can get other controllers that will do more, but they may not be as straight forward to use. It's hard to beat the Nazas for ease of setup.

You didn't say what size of motors, props nor what ESCs you're thinking of, but so far it sounds like you're off to a good start.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2014, 06:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I was looking into a kit that has motors and esc's. It comes with all of this
(1) DJI NAZA-M V2 Flight Controller w/ GPS
(4) 40A Sky Hero ESC's
(4) 470Kv Sky Hero Brushless Outrunner Motors
(4) Sky Hero Carbon Fiber Propellers
(1) 5 in 1 Sky Hero Wiring Harness
I hope will at least get me flying. But after that I want to go FPV, so any help towards that would be great. Its all new to me so I don't know where to start yet. Also what other controllers would you recommend looking at?
Mattgzb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in