Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2016, 09:55 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

I replaced the main shaft and feathering shaft on the 500 today. Set the pitch to 12 degrees and I did a quick spool up in the house( its raining) that seemed to fix the shake. Hopefully we get some decent weather soon. I am excited to take it up and get some more stick time. I feel a little more confident the more I go through moves with the smaller helis. I'll keep you guys updated on my progress
Miles500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2016, 07:21 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well an update, I replaced everything I could think of that usually causes a wobble and it still shakes violently...... What do I troubleshoot next?????
Old 01-23-2016, 09:57 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles500 View Post
Well an update, I replaced everything I could think of that usually causes a wobble and it still shakes violently...... What do I troubleshoot next?????

okay do this.

remove all of the blades. spool the helicopter up on the floor using caution around the rotating head and tail assembly..

Hold the boom while you do this.. Do you feel a fast vibration which tingles your arm? It could very well be your tail shaft. They bend easily being small diameter. It could also be your tail torque tube being bent?

When spooling up are you at 0 pitch on both blades? And WHEN you do spool up with blades do you have them pulled out a strait as you can tell?

Also, how tight are your blades when you mount them?

Many factors here.

I'm sure other's can help too

-Markus
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2016, 02:16 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finally flew this month!

Today I practised inverted piroutte, backward circle and double immelman, simple monoeuvre, but new for me, I was so nervous.

Graupner mz-24
VertCP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2016, 04:08 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok so I finally got the wobble out of it. I had to reset up the beastX. everything works but my tail is SUPER TOUCHEY. I have not changed anything on the transmitter. If I give it left rudder it goes left and keeps on going fast until I give it right rudder. Its so sensitive that when I try to center it it just spins to the other side crazy fast.... What did I set up wrong? Its probably pretty simple, but I am just starting with this bigger heli and I am just now starting to do my own maintaince and repairs. I appreciate all your feedback and tips
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160123_163503.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	631632  
Old 01-23-2016, 05:16 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sounds like you got your tail gyro correction reversed.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2016, 06:38 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep that fixed it. Thanks so much. The next good weather day I'll post and update on how my flights went.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:58 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

I practised some new manoeuvre, 4-point-roll and outside loop.

Maybe I should install 13T pinion, I have stock 12T pinion with throttle curve at 100% (flat) and I think that the heli needs a little more RPM for 3D flights.

Graupner mz-24
VertCP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2016, 06:00 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Didn't work on the helicopter per se' but yesterday I spent two hours organizing my parts bins and general helicopter parts.

My 500 is my most used helicopter out of three , so of course I have the most parts for it.

It felt good to catagorize everything from head to tail.

Keep flying!!

Markus.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:43 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

hmmmm. What did I do with my 500 today? . Well I successfully destroyed 2 servos, a set of blades and lost the links from the swashplate to the blade grips. I also thrashed my 130x which is flyable but still has the roll to the right and a bad tail vibration. Also my mCPX needs a new tail boom which I have ordered. Also my 180 cfx is in pieces in the box. The past 2 days have not been good days. Its ok I have all the new parts coming this weekend and they will be repaired by Sunday.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:13 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
hmmmm. What did I do with my 500 today? . Well I successfully destroyed 2 servos, a set of blades and lost the links from the swashplate to the blade grips. I also thrashed my 130x which is flyable but still has the roll to the right and a bad tail vibration. Also my mCPX needs a new tail boom which I have ordered. Also my 180 cfx is in pieces in the box. The past 2 days have not been good days. Its ok I have all the new parts coming this weekend and they will be repaired by Sunday.
Sounds like you'll be back up flying in no time!

Better luck next time! Keep going!

-Markus
Old 01-26-2016, 11:30 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Did you do all of that in 2 days?! I think I'd have to shelve my helis for a month after a couple of days like that!

So what happened with the 500? Was it a mechanical or setup failure of some kind, loss of orientation, or overcorrection/dumb-thumbs?

Oh, your servos probably just need new gears. It's not that common to totally ruin a servo in a crash. It can definitely happen, but most of the time it's just gears.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:04 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

It had to be a problem in the beastx set up. It seemed like it was set up fine. I spooled it up it got about 4 feet and it all off the sudden pitched forward and just nose dove. Oh well like I said I got the parts coming and a guy that flies out at the field said this weekend when I get the servos that he would go over everything and show me the right way to set it up. Most of the crashes could have been avoided. it was either carelessness or I was rushing. Also I am doing/ attempting maneuvers I have no business trying this early into the hobby. LoL
Old 01-27-2016, 07:13 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It had to be a problem in the beastx set up. It seemed like it was set up fine. I spooled it up it got about 4 feet and it all off the sudden pitched forward and just nose dove. Oh well like I said I got the parts coming and a guy that flies out at the field said this weekend when I get the servos that he would go over everything and show me the right way to set it up. Most of the crashes could have been avoided. it was either carelessness or I was rushing. Also I am doing/ attempting maneuvers I have no business trying this early into the hobby. LoL
Vibrations can wreak havoc on FBL sensors.

Ensure you have minimal vibes with no blades on the bench (spooled up)

Than balance your blades and make sure they are close to the same weight.

Good luck!
-Markus
Old 01-27-2016, 03:22 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. I hate the crashes that leave you with no idea what happened.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:32 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

You will find that in addition to all the other things you have to learn in this hobby, you need to learn what your limits are and learn to fly within them. In my first year, I averaged 16 flights per crash. My second year, I averaged 32 flights per crash, and then last year, my average was 60 flights per crash. Certainly, my skills have improved, but the largest contributor to that trend is that I fly within my limits more than I used to.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:14 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Check vibrations after rebuild!
Old 01-28-2016, 09:18 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

it had a small brief vibration on spool up but immediately went away after the head speed was raised? A vibration could cause it it pitch forward like that? Good thing is there is an experienced heli pilot who is going to be helping my with the repairs and showing me how to set it all up properly this weekend. Thanks again for all you input.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:52 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the slightest vibration from a tail shaft caused by an out of round belt pully (manufacturing defect)

It wreaked HAVOC on my helicopter. It sounded totally different when flying and the tail didnt hold for crap. Fast frequency vibrations can especially hinder the gyro performance.

Slow and large frequency vibrations can rip a helicopter apart in flight (parts falling off) but that's worse case scenario.

Good luck!

-markus
Old 01-29-2016, 08:48 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well after a local heli pilot actually set me down and step by step showed me how to set up my helicopter I realized that 99% of my problem with the bird was inexperience and wrong setup. I am happy to say that it is in perfect flying condition and I have gained a lot of valuable information today. The t-rex 500 flies great now. It is supposed to be a good day here so I am going to the field all day. I will let you guys know how it went. Thanks again for all your advice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in