Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Others

Others Walkera Other Models Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy MAYDAY! lost after a factory reset!

Mayday! Hey everyone, newbie here and just got my first CP heli (V200D03) and was hovering it around today. Was making changes in the devo 7 TX to try and tame this heli down a bit. I'm sure it was something I did but when i checked the pitch on the heli it was crazy off (over +10) at mid stick. Going through the TX manual I found a factory reset which I thought would get rid of my changes and take it back to the settings it was sent with from helipal. Turns out that's not the case lol. Does anyone have this heli that they could give me a base line on the settings so i could possibly get this heli back in the air? Any help would be fantastic!

Thanks everyone,
Sincerely "Grounded in Ohio"
bvento is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is a V200D03?
Old 04-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Although the connection is timing out currently, you can find the manual for your bird at http://walkera.com/en1/fileDown.jsp?...expe.pdf&la=en

In the manual, there should be setups for the major TX's the bird can be used with.

If you don't have an account already, you will have to create one on Walker's site but the process is relatively painless.

Hopefully the manual will have what you need.
Heli-opolis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Which Tx is it?
You should probably just do a set up... something you should be learning to do anyway. If you have to, start from scratch. unplug the motor and get your stick to 50%, make sure your servos are at 90°, get your 0° pitch, go from there.
One of the biggest issues with a RTF heli...if you dont know basic set up, your in for a work out trying to reset up the heli in a case like this...or after a crash.
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question v400d02 devo 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayd View Post
Which Tx is it?
You should probably just do a set up... something you should be learning to do anyway. If you have to, start from scratch. unplug the motor and get your stick to 50%, make sure your servos are at 90°, get your 0° pitch, go from there.
One of the biggest issues with a RTF heli...if you dont know basic set up, your in for a work out trying to reset up the heli in a case like this...or after a crash.
I could use the same help with the v400 do2 devo 7 transmitter
DCLark0085 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

WOW! Thanks for all your responses! Yeah I guess this is the best way to learn lmao the hard way. I did reread my users guide and found the basic settings. Overlooked them in the beginning cuz they show the high end TX so i thought they were more of examples. I downloaded the manual for my TX (devo7) and was using that but it just shows you where each adjustment is in the menus. I think I'm gonna start from scratch anyway cuz this could (will) need to be done again. When it comes to adjusting pitch I should be using the TX to adj and not mechanically adj the servos right? Funny how my FP heli is soooo easy compared to my CP lol but I love it anyway!! Thanks again everyone, I hope to tackle this tonight! I'll keep you all posted.

Last edited by bvento; 04-06-2012 at 05:45 PM..
Old 04-07-2012, 07:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good news everyone......she fly again! Got it all dialed in and took her out last night. She flys just like she did out of the box, drifting lol! My swash looks level but heli drifts fast to the left. Full right stick will counter it. Read on a different thread about CG. Going to check that, plus could be my DIY training gear lol (not my best work, more sutible for a 450 and not a 200) I'll check it over again and maybe ditch the training gear as a quick test. FINGERS CROSSED!

Thanks again for all the help
Old 04-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvento View Post
When it comes to adjusting pitch I should be using the TX to adj and not mechanically adj the servos right?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'adjusting pitch'. Do you mean adjusting mid-stick 0 degree pitch during setup or what?

The left stick on the TX, on a Mode 2 TX, adjusts the pitch but I don't think that is what you are talking about.

From your first post, I'm guessing mid-stick 0 degree, right?

If so, you'd want to start out making sure each of the servo arms are close to the middle of their travel, usually 90 degrees and then adjust the linkage from each one to the swash plate so that the swash plate is level and at a point that is about in its middle of travel up and down the main shaft. Then, adjust the swash to blade control arms linkage for 0 degrees on the blades.

One can sometimes use 'sub-trim' in a TX to get things set up but it is better to mechanically set it up so that trim and sub-trim are not needed.

Does that help at all or have you already done all that?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay so the 0° pitch at mid stick is it then. Every thing else from there is done through the TX in regards to limiting the pitch at full stick? Sounds like once you set the 0° at mid you're good to go. I got her up in the air although I set her down a bit hard and stripped the tail drive gears lol.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Every thing else from there is done through the TX in regards to limiting the pitch at full stick?
Are you kidding? Nothing is ever that easy!

There are often 'extents' settings on RXs that are used to 'physically' limit servo travel as well as limits one can implement in a given TX. You don't have to use both although they both do have their advantages.

Unfortunately, I don't have the same bird you have so I can't really advise the best route to take. Others, I'm sure, will chime in to give you more details.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got her dialed into factory specs and flew her a few times before stripping the tail drive lol. My concern is lets say I want to limit Max pitch at full stick to say 7° and have 2° at low stick for learning purposes, do I use the TX to change "limit" of the servos then? The number in the TX for pitch has no corilation to the actual pitch degree correct? I think I know what I'm doing just having hard time putting into words or the correct words lmao
Old 04-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I got her dialed into factory specs and flew her a few times before stripping the tail drive lol. My concern is lets say I want to limit Max pitch at full stick to say 7° and have 2° at low stick for learning purposes, do I use the TX to change "limit" of the servos then? The number in the TX for pitch has no corilation to the actual pitch degree correct? I think I know what I'm doing just having hard time putting into words or the correct words lmao
Try trav adjust for pitch lowering in tx down some

100% to 85%.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The number in the TX for pitch has no corilation to the actual pitch degree correct?
Correct, as far as I can tell, what it shows in the TX, usually -100% to +100% is a percentage of 'available'.

'Available' being determined by mechanical setup, RX limits and TX limits.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Try trav adjust for pitch lowering in tx down some

100% to 85%.
will try that as soon as my drive gears come lol. Holiday in Hong Kong pushed it back a few days. Then check at 85% and see what the pitch reading is and go from there if not where i want then try a different % and check again? Thanks for clearing this up
Old 04-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-opolis View Post
Are you kidding? Nothing is ever that easy!

There are often 'extents' settings on RXs that are used to 'physically' limit servo travel as well as limits one can implement in a given TX. You don't have to use both although they both do have their advantages.

Unfortunately, I don't have the same bird you have so I can't really advise the best route to take. Others, I'm sure, will chime in to give you more details.
I would like to help. But I'm not familiar with the Devo 7. I bought my D03 with the Devo 8S.
Majic1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Majic, the Devo 7 is the same as yours minus touch screen and 8th channel lol, but settings are the same. I did get everything dial back to the way it came from HeliPal. Has try to tame down this heli (since its my first CP) as described in "setup & tips for CP heli" J. Salt(rchelicopterfun.com). That's when it went bad lol. Maybe I should just roll with factory setup and just practice my a$$ off until I get Any special settings that help this bird out? Lol as if there were a magic setting
Old 04-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

'Expo' and travel limits are likely to be your best bet to taming the beast. It's surprising how responsive yet how calm one can make these things just by changing some numbers in the TX.

I keep a model set up in my TX that is VERY tame so that when I hand it to a less experienced pilot, which is not easy to find , they are less likely to be overwhelmed.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-opolis View Post
'Expo' and travel limits are likely to be your best bet to taming the beast. It's surprising how responsive yet how calm one can make these things just by changing some numbers in the TX.

I keep a model set up in my TX that is VERY tame so that when I hand it to a less experienced pilot, which is not easy to find , they are less likely to be overwhelmed.
Ye$ postive expo will slow it down some.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Ye$ postive expo will slow it down some.
When I got my D03 from Wow, everything was already setup in the Tx for the D03. I'm not sure if Walkera set it up in the factory or Wow did it before sending it to me? The only things that weren't setup were the Dual Rates/Expos and the Throttle/Pitch Curves. All the other settings were programmed in already and it flew great out of the box.

Setting up the dual rates and expos will help you a lot.
Majic1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic1 View Post
When I got my D03 from Wow, everything was already setup in the Tx for the D03. I'm not sure if Walkera set it up in the factory or Wow did it before sending it to me? The only things that weren't setup were the Dual Rates/Expos and the Throttle/Pitch Curves. All the other settings were programmed in already and it flew great out of the box.

Setting up the dual rates and expos will help you a lot.
I bought all my heli from Wow. They transfer there setting to my TX. I had to setup TH but I always pickup my helis from them easier for me to see them test hover it. I usually switch mine from stock settings alittle anyway.

Tags
devo7, v200d03

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in