Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC

Spartan RC Spartan RC - Quark, DS760 Gyros and other Spartan RC Electronics Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #1141 (permalink)
Registered Users

A quick check, could it be that your tail grips are assembled the wrong way round?

Brian
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #1142 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello everyone,

I'm using a DS 760 gyro and would like to use my JR 9303 with AR6100. But, I can't seems to figure out the setup. I've tried the setup of horizon hobby using program mixing. But, I'm having an issue of a tail wag even if I decrease or increase the gain. Still the problem persist. Please advice.

Thanks,
Shockflyer
shockflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #1143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Guys,

Can some help me on setup for DS 760 using JR 9303 radio with AR6100 receiver. I;ve tried horizon hobby setup using program mixing but still i'm having a wag on my trex 450 sport . Please advice.

Thanks

Shockflyer
shockflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #1144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockflyer View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm using a DS 760 gyro and would like to use my JR 9303 with AR6100. But, I can't seems to figure out the setup. I've tried the setup of horizon hobby using program mixing. But, I'm having an issue of a tail wag even if I decrease or increase the gain. Still the problem persist. Please advice.

Thanks,
Shockflyer
Quote:
Hello Guys,

Can some help me on setup for DS 760 using JR 9303 radio with AR6100 receiver. I;ve tried horizon hobby setup using program mixing but still i'm having a wag on my trex 450 sport . Please advice.

Thanks

Shockflyer
Why are you using a program mix to setup your gyro? Most times gyros are plugged in the Aux2 channel. Activate your gyro menu on your TX and control the gain from there. Very easy.

Make sure your gyro is mechanically setup right, for the right servo type and then for direction, end point travel left and right. Start with a gain of 70 on the TX, that is about 30% on the gyro itself and go from there.

Make sure the ball is out enough from the center of the servo horn so you get adequate resolution and that's it.

If the tail twitches fast, then your gain is too high, if the tail is sluggish, then the gain is too low.

The DS 760 is a very easy gyro to setup and once you have it dialed in, the tail will be on rails...

You can find good info here as well:
http://www.spartan-rc.com/resources/faq/faq.php

Hope this helps.

Team GrandRC
ualdrivr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #1145 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hello Guys,

Can some help me on setup for DS 760 using JR 9303 radio with AR6100 receiver.
Hi shockflyer

I've never used a 9303 (so someone correct me if I am wrong!), but there are two methods to adjust the gyro gain:-

Gyro Sense menu.
Gear channel via endpoints.

To be able to have the choice of either method, you would need a minimum 7Ch Rx, because the 9303 needs an AUX2 channel to use with Gyro Sense. Having an AR6110e leaves you only one choice- Gear channel via endpoints.

So, I'll give you a quick rundown on this method:-

-Inhibit all mixes (not needed here).
-Ensure the gyros gain lead is plugged into the GEAR channel on your Rx.
-Go to your Tx's INPUT SELECT screen and ensure GEAR = GEAR.
-You have now activated gyro gain adjustment by changing the values of the gear channels endpoints. Go to your TRAVEL ADJUST screen and select the GEAR channel.

-The gear channel has a resolution of -100 to +100. The figures you select within this control the gyros gain. Rate mode is -100 to 0, and HH is 0 to +100. To flick between rate and HH, flick the gear switch on your Tx to the relevant position, either 0 or 1.

-A good place to start would be to give a rate mode value of say -30, and a HH value of +30.

-Go fly and adjust your gain %'s accordingly.

Hope that helps?

Due to economic circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
lankey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #1146 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

^^this^^

I have a 9303 and a 760 on my 550 and I use the gear channel. works flawlessly (because I have the tail mechanically sound)
nexgen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010, 12:12 PM   #1147 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wanted to ask Bob Finless how did he undestand that he had to drop gain to 24% on T-Rex 600, while everyone trying to get as much as possible about 34%?
QYT001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010, 12:27 PM   #1148 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Does anyone uses this gyro with Align DS650 servo? I am having these on my 600N LE. Some times, on the air, the tail starts badly (horizontally) wagging but after 1 second it turns to normal. On the PC config tool i did nothing special. I set only end points. Other values are left default. In the radio (Spektrum DX7), i set end point of rudder to 80%. Nothing else.

I have no idea how to solve this. Any help would be appreciated.
Trex 600 Gasser FBL | HeliXHeli conv. | OS GT15HZ | iKon | Homemade onboard generator
Azalin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #1149 (permalink)
Registered Users

sounds like the gain is too high.

cheers
raptorheli2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #1150 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks.
Trex 600 Gasser FBL | HeliXHeli conv. | OS GT15HZ | iKon | Homemade onboard generator
Old 11-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #1151 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help! with ds 760 setup

I have this old bird im trying to setup. What am i doing wrong? My rudder servo doesnt seem to respond. I think i might of put it in setup mode on accident. How can a re-setup the gyro. Plus my reciever (ar7100r) is blinking, is that normal?

Sorry, ive been out of the mix on helis for awhile. Any help would make me greatful.
Holeshot114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #1152 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am begging you guys, please help this poor man. My Spartan DS760 is driving me mad.

The problem is when i give full throttle in normal nor idle 1, the heli rotates clockwise.

What is wrong with this gain setup? Also what is your recommended values?

The heli is Trex 600E
Radio is Spektrum DX7

Kind Regards,
Azalyn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_7187.jpg
Views:	673
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	205921  
Old 02-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #1153 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalyn View Post
I am begging you guys, please help this poor man. My Spartan DS760 is driving me mad.

The problem is when i give full throttle in normal nor idle 1, the heli rotates clockwise.

What is wrong with this gain setup? Also what is your recommended values?

The heli is Trex 600E
Radio is Spektrum DX7

Kind Regards,
Azalyn
Your gain seems slightly high at 80 (only a bit), but if the tail's not holding at this gain level with hard collective changes, then I suspect you need to increase your mechanical gain by increasing the ball distance on your servo horn.

Pop the ball out one hole, reset your gyro limits then test fly. You will have to experiment with the ball distance and Tx gain until you find that sweet spot.

What tail servo are you running by the way?

Due to economic circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #1154 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot114 View Post
I have this old bird im trying to setup. What am i doing wrong? My rudder servo doesnt seem to respond. I think i might of put it in setup mode on accident. How can a re-setup the gyro. Plus my reciever (ar7100r) is blinking, is that normal?

Sorry, ive been out of the mix on helis for awhile. Any help would make me greatful.
You should be able to exit setup mode by cycling the power to the gyro.

If your Rx is slowly blinking, then it's indicating power loss at some point. More than likely you've been doing setup with the Tx on, but powered the bird off and on again without cycling the Tx power at the same time? - This will always lead to blinking Rx lights, but no harm done, just shows it's working correctly!

Old 02-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #1155 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankey View Post
Your gain seems slightly high at 80 (only a bit), but if the tail's not holding at this gain level with hard collective changes, then I suspect you need to increase your mechanical gain by increasing the ball distance on your servo horn.

Pop the ball out one hole, reset your gyro limits then test fly. You will have to experiment with the ball distance and Tx gain until you find that sweet spot.

What tail servo are you running by the way?
lankey thanks for your quick reply.

I am using Align DS650 as tail servo. The horn ball is in the second inner hole. There are 2 more outside. Which hole should i put the ball?
Old 02-03-2011, 02:06 PM   #1156 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalyn View Post
lankey thanks for your quick reply.

I am using Align DS650 as tail servo. The horn ball is in the second inner hole. There are 2 more outside. Which hole should i put the ball?
DS650 certainly suitable for a 600's tail- was just checking that you didn't have a slow tail servo.

There's no hard and fast rule with ball distance, just what works for your setup. When finding your optimum distance, increase it one hole at a time and test fly. The next hole may be correct it may not. Indeed it may be in-between those two outer holes, in which case you may have to try one of the other supplied horns with different hole spacings- or drill one accordingly!

It's all trial and error mate- you'll get there.

On a slightly different note (which I should have mentioned earlier!), ensure that the tail mechanics are all butter smooth, and thrust bearings are in good nick and not locking up under load- these can cause a tail kick as well matey!

Old 02-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #1157 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Appreciated. Thank you mate.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:47 AM   #1158 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sadly nothing changed. The Heli is still rotating when i give full throttle. Should i move the linkage ball (in the servo horn) to the outer hole and try again?
Old 05-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #1159 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK, gota quick question...
I have a used ds760 coming from a member, and was wondering if the 8° was still used on this set up? I thought I read on the website that its not required? I'm usually wrong so, anyone?
Running a Futaba s9257 servo on a 500 tail.
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #1160 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did not mess with it on 3 of mine. Holds solid..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in