Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2007, 10:51 AM   #101 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Your welcome Doug..... glad you got it sorted out.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2007, 01:02 AM   #102 (permalink)

Just wanted to say Finless. New to these Heli's. Just received my 1010c v210 charger/balancer and wasn't sure if I had received everything. Video answered my questions. Have not ordered any batteries as of yet as I am still deciding on exactly which heli to buy. So, it is back to the Sim for now for new and exciting encounters with terra firma.
Brin
becook1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2007, 03:57 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

can some 1 plz help me i have lost my instructions and i just charged and balanced me batter after a flight pluged it into the 210 and the 3 leds are on solid and it wont stop beeping it dose it with all 3 batterys they are 3s 2170 fp

thanks joe
T-REX 450 SE
T-REX 450 SE V2
REAL FLIGHT G3
FIELD FORCE 9
s9joe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2007, 05:48 PM   #104 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

You over discharged them! YOu need to use recovery mode of the charger without the balancer connected.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:23 AM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
You over discharged them! YOu need to use recovery mode of the charger without the balancer connected.
but it dosint say low voltage on my charger and i havint discharged my batterys and it is doing it to all of them i went flying then put them back up to storage 50% the balancer was fine on all battery then all ov a suddin i pluged it started bleeping non stop with 3 leds solid
T-REX 450 SE
T-REX 450 SE V2
REAL FLIGHT G3
FIELD FORCE 9
Old 08-08-2007, 04:18 AM   #106 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Hi Joe,
once I had the same problem with my 210. As I checked the single voltage of each battery I found out that one balancer lead was loose inside the pack (FP EVO 20 5s 3300). So the TP-Balancer just found Cells 1,2,4 and 5 and gave me the error message (5 LEDs and constant beeping).

OK, I don't think this has happened to all three of your packs but maybe you're using some kind of adaptor lead which could be damaged?!

Maybe this helps, with Greetings

Stefan
Stefan Hornstein is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks alot for the help tirnd out its my balancer i took the 4 screws of the bottim took it apart and back to gether and it works fine must bee a falty conection some were

cheers joe
T-REX 450 SE
T-REX 450 SE V2
REAL FLIGHT G3
FIELD FORCE 9
Old 10-20-2007, 07:43 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hi
has anyone used the new software update? 2.03
how about a video on installing the update.
darryl123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2007, 05:04 AM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Unfortunatly it is NOT that simple. You cant just plug one 5S pack in Bank2 group A and the second pack in Bank2 group B. It wont HURT the unit if you do but you will see that it will NOT show up as a 10S pack if you do.

Look at the PDF page 4 5S/5S lower right corner.

Pin 6 of group A is direclty tied to pin 1 group B (e.g. there is NO cell between those pins). Two 5S packs WONT be wired this way. A real 10S pack the balancer plug in the pack IS wired this way.
So you need to make a kind of adapter or buy one to charge 2 5S packs as a 10S pack.

Also dont take the easy way out! If your going to run this as a 10S pack they DO NEED to be balanced together NOT seperatly. The reason is is becasue this is a discharge balancer and one pack stand alone will balance differently than another. They need to all balance together so all the cells match each others voltage.

Bob
Actually Bob, you don't have to wire the balance tabs together. I have been charging my 2 5s packs as 10s just fine only using a series harness. You just have to make sure the negative lead side is group A and positive is group B as per manual, no mods to balance tabs shown. And also plug in group B before group A.

If you look at the schematic, the balance leads are not connected, but the main power wires are. If you hook it up and charge with a series harness, you are basically connecting pin 6 of group A to pin 1 of group B. The green (homage to my evolites ) circle represents the lipo pack, and the red circles are the main power wires. And the connection between the positive and negative lead is the Y harness series connector. If you try to plug 2 5s packs into the 210 without the series connector, you will have problems.

Sorry Jeremy, but I think your hard work was all for naught :o

Last edited by bullaculla; 10-21-2007 at 06:24 AM..
bullaculla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2007, 06:43 AM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just had an interesting trouble shooting issue.

I am charged 2 x 3S packs for my Hurricane. Hooking them up in series, like the diagram for 2 x 5S, but on the Bank 1 side, using a 6 - 4 pin adapter from TO on Bank 2.

The packs kept coming up at 5S. But each pack hooked up by itself showed as 3S. But it had worked on another set of packs.

Finally after come work checking continuity, I found one wire in the 6 - 4 pin adapter that had not actually be soldered to the 4 pin board. The wire had a blob of solder, the solder pad had a blob of solder, but the wire was free floating. Soldered back on, and everythign is fine.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2007, 04:18 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Bullaculla!!! That makes since. But If I were to only ballance and not charge with the series harness then the jumper wire would be needed?
Old 10-21-2007, 06:26 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

No. I made a bunch of series harnesses so I leave my 5s packs tied together all the time. You cant see it in my last picture, but the power lead from my harness is not plugged into the 1010 charger. As long as you keep the series harness on, you are fine. Its the same thing as the jumper.
bullaculla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2007, 09:33 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks to Bob for videos

Bob, Just wanted to thanks you for the various videos. I am in the process of building my first real heli, Trex 450 V2, and the CCPM videos, etc have been invaluable. I literally sat there with my laptop and your video running, as I inserted the HS65MG servos. Great stuff!
The video on the TP1010C charger, and how the balancer works (I have the 205V) are very good too.

Thanks from a newbie
320pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2008, 09:45 PM   #114 (permalink)

Hi,

I’m looking for a little help. I have a few TP 6s 22.2v 5000mah packs that wont be used for a few months. I guess I should store them properly. I have the 1010 charger and 210 balancer.

I know how to charge, last night I plugged a battery in along with the balancer, hit discharge and it ran for an hour and then timed out with little loss of capacity. I just plugged it in without the balancer and hit discharge and it seems to be moving right along.

My plan was to discharge them and then recharge to 50%. I’m assuming the balancer is not needed for discharging but I will put it back on when I set it to charge to 50%.

Is this correct or am I doing something wrong and what will the voltage be when the pack is properly discharged? Can you tell me what the voltage will be when it is 50% charged?

Phil
embphb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2008, 11:45 PM   #115 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

YES.... Use the balancer for discharge to "storage" volatge... Realize that just like charging you can run the cycle again as after the packs RELAX from discharge (or charge) they will climb a little in voltage and allow you to run the cycle again... However if you run it again you will see you only pulled about 10ma from the pack... THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME! You don't need to do this... Run the discharge cycle once and store them!

Bob
Old 01-03-2008, 07:49 AM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just fly mine a short flight. Figure if a normal flight takes out 80%, you need to fly a 5/8 length normal flight to take out about 50% for storage. So mulitply your normal timer setting by 0.625 and fly that long.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Old 01-03-2008, 09:55 AM   #117 (permalink)

Thanks Bob but I’m sorry to say I’m going to need a bit more help. I’m real new at this electric stuff.

So when I go home tonight I will plug my fully charged 6s 22.2v 5000mah pack into the balancer. I will wait for it to stabilize and then start the discharge cycle.

My questions are:

I assume it will come up and say discharge completed?

At this point is the pack at the 50% charge?

Do I need to then charge it to 50%?

I noticed on the discharge screen it said D=0.25A, is this correct or should I change it and how long do you think it should take to discharge the pack?

If the battery will sit for say two months, do I need to do anything else over those two months?

Pinecone,

It’s minus 20 out today, windy and ice is everywhere so I have to go to plan B.

Thanks,

Phil
Old 01-03-2008, 11:04 AM   #118 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Go into the option menu for settings and go to lipo dchg option.
Set the cut off to 3.6V.
Then on the discharge setting the D= is the discharge current. I set that to 2.00 so it discharges faster (thats the max 2 amp discharge).
Now once you discharge the pack to 3.6 then go back into the options menu and set the charge to STORAGE. Charge the pack and it will shut off at the proper storage voltage.

Another option is to just go fly the pack and charge it with the charge option set to storage.

Bob
Old 01-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, be a man, go fly.

I have a pack I have to fly or discharge, and same thing, it was a bit cold today.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Old 01-03-2008, 05:01 PM   #120 (permalink)

I did everything you said but i can't set the discharge any higher than 0.90 D=0.90.

Phil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in