Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Im gettng one

I am definitally going to order a HBFP V2 next Friday. (Payday) And i will let every body know how i like it.

Dose any body have any advice for me about this heli? Any upgrades i should do?

I was planing on putting the BPFP V2's FP head on my SR's air frame, But the HBFP V2's main shaft is 3mm and the SR's is 4mm. So it wont work.

But this is what i am planing to do to mine eventually. I am gonna put the G210 gyro from my B450 on it, I am gonna put the SR's direct drive motor and tail prop on it. I am gonna upgrade the servos to e-flite HS75's. I am also prabably going to put the SR's brushless motor and ESC in it. And i am gonna get a set of XP blades.

Last edited by UHx1xHuey; 12-18-2011 at 01:52 PM..
UHx1xHuey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 03:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would suggest you fly the Bee stock for a little while, perhaps with a fuse mod for the main and tail. Then gradually add stuff like the O-ring mod and the CP3 DD tail motor. That way you'll really appreciate the improvements (and discover if they are really improvements).
boykintom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Whats the o-ring mod?
Old 12-18-2011, 04:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's the mod where you replace one or both of the ring like push rods with a Danco #7 o-ring and 2 # 60's. This usually saves both your rotor head and your center hub in a crash. It looks like this:
boykintom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh, So it's only to stop parts form breaking in a crash?
Old 12-18-2011, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I vote fuse mod and XP blades.

The oring mod looks nice,can't say because I've never tried it.

The servo and gyro mod would not be worth the expense or effort in my opinion,

The CP3 tail motor and prop work well if you don't like the stock prop getting caught in grass or uneven surfaces. You will have to tune the gain and proportional for this mod.

The HBFP V2 is a good trainer to keep simple and light. I would spend the servo and gyro money on crash parts and a couple of extra batteries.

Don't go heavier on the batteries,flys best light.
Crash549 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The only thing i am buying for it are the XP blades. I have all the electronics from my SR on hand, So i just need to drop them in.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Huey - I ordered 3x8x3 brgs for my SR and dropped the V2 mainshaft,gear, and head assembly right into the SR frame. Install two servos and setup for 90 degree swash and away you go. I also use HBFP V2 canopies and tail booms on my SR's. They are about third to half of the cost of Eflite replacements.http://www.rotorquest.com/product_in...oducts_id=9737
Riprom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Drop your entire SR power train into the Bee.

I went full separates and have never looked back. The only thing I have trouble with is that I have no proportional mixing for the tail Only the AVCS setting on the gyro is holding the tail where it should be. Your SR's 2in1 will solve that problem as there will be some proportional mixing AFTER the gyro. Brushless MM is awesome on the bee. If you already have everything needed ditch the crappy Esky 4in1.
There will bee many in here who disagree with me on the dramatic modification however I'll bet EVERYONE here will agree that Esky electronics are
Old 12-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steemo View Post
Drop your entire SR power train into the Bee.

I went full separates and have never looked back. The only thing I have trouble with is that I have no proportional mixing for the tail Only the AVCS setting on the gyro is holding the tail where it should be. Your SR's 2in1 will solve that problem as there will be some proportional mixing AFTER the gyro. Brushless MM is awesome on the bee. If you already have everything needed ditch the crappy Esky 4in1.
There will bee many in here who disagree with me on the dramatic modification however I'll bet EVERYONE here will agree that Esky electronics are
Yeah the only thing i may need to buy is a new 2in1 ESC. But the veary first thing i am doing when i get it is i am putting the G210 gyro on it. I cant wait to get one and fly it around. I like how easy FP helis are to fly. I am also going to buy an orange rx and bind it to my DX6i abd toss the cheap esky TX
Old 12-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default What do you guys think about this idea.

Since i already have all the BSR electronics i am going to drop into this heli, I was thinking of buying a blade cp pro 2 air frame and put all of the guts from my HBFP v2 into the cp pro frame and than i might buy a UH-1 Huey body on it.

What do you guys think about that?
Old 12-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riprom View Post
Hey Huey - I ordered 3x8x3 brgs for my SR and dropped the V2 mainshaft,gear, and head assembly right into the SR frame. Install two servos and setup for 90 degree swash and away you go. I also use HBFP V2 canopies and tail booms on my SR's. They are about third to half of the cost of Eflite replacements.http://www.rotorquest.com/product_in...oducts_id=9737
I trial fitted this bit didn't get any further, I agree with the right bearings it should be quite easy
I took some mock up photos. I think that this would be a good mod, the SR frame is strong, the brushless motor and 2 in1 are good for this size heli

I choose to go for HH's FP450 instead
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How did you get the main shaft to fit like that? in the SR's frame?
Old 12-19-2011, 11:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riprom View Post

Do those bearings fit directally into the SR's main frame, Or do you have to do any mods to get them to fit? And those are the right size for the HBFP v2's shaft?

If those beaings are all you need to put the HBFP head on the SR, I am deffinitally going to order a HBFP this weekend.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by toys2cars2toys View Post
I trial fitted this bit didn't get any further, I agree with the right bearings it should be quite easy
I took some mock up photos. I think that this would be a good mod, the SR frame is strong, the brushless motor and 2 in1 are good for this size heli

I choose to go for HH's FP450 instead
Hey, If you ever want to sell that, Just send me a PM. lol
Old 12-20-2011, 05:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHx1xHuey View Post
How did you get the main shaft to fit like that? in the SR's frame?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UHx1xHuey View Post
Do those bearings fit directally into the SR's main frame, Or do you have to do any mods to get them to fit? And those are the right size for the HBFP v2's shaft?

If those beaings are all you need to put the HBFP head on the SR, I am deffinitally going to order a HBFP this weekend.

My mock up didn't have bearings, but I was planning to go with the 3x8x3 bearings as said by Riprom

The SR has a 4mm main shaft and uses 4x8x3 (Inner Diameter x Outer Diameter x Thickness)
The HB FP has a 3mm main shaft, so using 3x8x3 bearings means that it's a straight fit, the inner is smaller to match the smaller main shaft, the outer and thickness is the same

I may well sell the parts, I'll have a think and drop you a PM
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by toys2cars2toys View Post
My mock up didn't have bearings, but I was planning to go with the 3x8x3 bearings as said by Riprom

The SR has a 4mm main shaft and uses 4x8x3 (Inner Diameter x Outer Diameter x Thickness)
The HB FP has a 3mm main shaft, so using 3x8x3 bearings means that it's a straight fit, the inner is smaller to match the smaller main shaft, the outer and thickness is the same

I may well sell the parts, I'll have a think and drop you a PM
Sweet man, Thats awsome that the bearings are a drop in fit. I really want one now.

And if you do plan to sell it, Just PM me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in