Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 02:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up great day flyin v400do2!

i did my first forward turn ,i can do left tuns beter then right turns,was working on oriontations for 1 month now im so stoked!!! will keep practicing oriuntation n soon will be starting nose in! i swapt my esky big lama body on my v400d02 it looks so kool! will try to post pics but i couldnt get it to upload?will keep trying happy flyin to every one!
hilo69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Very Cool hilo!!! Yes, pics please!!
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayd View Post
Very Cool hilo!!! Yes, pics please!!
+1
Old 03-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Another great day flying!!!
Weather.... 67°, steady 5-10mph breezes...with gusts to 20mph.

My first problem today was, Little league baseball is just starting, so theres not a field anywhere thats not packed with kids and parents. Today, I flew on the playground at an elementary school a block away. All hard surface, no grass.

#1, as usual, was rock solid, and smooth as silk. I'm finding now though that when #1 is hit with wind, its very "fluffy". She's totally controllable, but very "wide" in its response. Especially when trying to fly turns and circles. She "floats" alot. Got it into trouble a few times, but my reflexes are improving greatly, and was able tpo get it oriented and recovered with no panic or incidents. Always getting it right back in front of me and a nice soft touch down.

#2, started off sketchy, it was fixed last night because of that very bad noise coming from it... never knew for sure what it was, thought it was the motor on its way out, but, last night tore it down, found most of the side frame screws were loose, greased the bearings, oiled the swash, the shaft, the motor bearings. No more noise. If it was the motor bearings, they will start making noise again once the oil thins out. We'll see. But I put it back together last night, and today took it up.
Lift off with #2 is always very sketchy. Tries to tilt back and to the right. You need to get it up fast, or it will rotate its way all over the place on the ground as the gyro tries to fix itself. But if I just take it up. its so steady in flight its amazing. After a few take offs, I decided to lower the PIT adjustment in the Tx, adjusted the linkage, 1 full turn up on the aileron, one full turn down on the elevator. Still needs just a tad, just a hair of forward at lift off.. but steady as a rock. Takes the wind better then #1, it has very quick response, and doing side to side turns/FF even in the wind is fun.
Both had a hard time with the gusts coming out of nowhere every few minutes, but it was great practice. Especially when its side in and the wind starts messing with it. Talk about tense.....I usually chicken out, bring it out of the turn, bank it back and bring it to hover..then try again. Still fun....
A day of burning through every battery pack I have, and coming home with both in the same condition they left the house in.....
n the words of Ice Cube... " I gotta say.. it was a good day......"
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

good for you blyd glad you got your helis sorted out!n flyin,after all your hard work you put in to it it pays off!!!! i no the feeling rite on!!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Talking great day !

went flying to day weather stoped for a wile this morning!my v400d02 flew great used all 3 packs ,felt good to fly again doun for 3 days now was haveing withdrawellsHAHAHAHAHHAHAHEHHEHEHLOL but shes up n flying well practicing turns ,n colective smoothness,im to choppy!working on one flewed move ment,thanx for all your saport n feed back! if you can bring back home the heli in one piece you had a good day!HAHAHAHAHLOL HAPPY-FLYIN.........ps thanks spadcat,blayd
Old 03-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad you are flying again, hilo69. I flew too and enjoyed the calm conditions, but got a little to rambunctious and broke the tail motor holder. Used your idea (modified with a 1/4 dowel since I did not have a chop stick on hand) and it worked great and was back flying in a very short time.

SpadCat

PS Chops sticks would be stronger and will pick some up for future tail motor holder repairs.
SpadCat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in