Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

are the upgrade parts included in that pakage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #22 (permalink)

Default Setup update from Assurance

Setup per manual
11. Now Limit LED lights up.
12. Move the rudder stick and observe your tail pitch travel. Move the rudder stick left until the tail pitch slider reaches the end, then move to the right until pitch slider reaches the other end.
13. While holding the rudder stick, press SET button on gyro.

Setup per Assurance

12. Move the rudder stick and observe your tail pitch travel. Move the rudder stick LEFT until the tail pitch slider reaches the end,
13. While holding the rudder stick at that spot, press SET button on gyro.
14. Finish the setup, then go BACK through the setup process again, but this time, Move the rudder stick RIGHT until the tail pitch slider reaches the end,
15. While holding the rudder stick at that spot, press SET button on gyro.
16. Now finish the original instructions

A customer was having issues with his tail limits, he was always having binding with the servo. We went through the setup a few times without luck and finally called Assurance. They corrected the setup procedure over the phone and that fixed the problem. The real issue in the end that caused the binding in the first place was the ball end being 12mm out from center instead of 5mm like the manuals states. This caused the limits to be out of whack and thats when we noticed the original procedure to not work.
Ozydego is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2008, 09:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

so it will set limits for both end points?
butters149 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2008, 02:14 PM   #24 (permalink)

From what I understand, not at the same time, you have to go through the setup twice to set both points
Old 12-06-2008, 10:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

So, is it recommended to use the setup per the manual or use what Assurance has suggested. How can I confirm that the limits for both end points have been setup correctly.
cloudbase73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2008, 01:10 PM   #26 (permalink)

I would say that when you are done, you dont get binding and the slider goes all the way out...
Old 12-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am unable to set the limit of my GP750. After setting 1520, DS, NOR. I press SET to come into Limit. According to the latest instruction in page 2, I should hold left stick then press SET, exit the setting, enter again to do the right stick.
When in limit menu, my status led is green and blinking, while the limit led is green and solid. When I put left rudder, both the status and limit led is green and solid. While holding left stick, I press SET. Then it goes into delay. I did the same thing for right rudder, but this time status is red and blinking while limit led is still green and blinking. Exit the setting. Check my limit, it's still the same as before.
Am I missing something? This is my first experience with Align gyro. Im using Ino-Lab 201 BTW.
Rgoh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I set mine today with a new servo (it was binding at both extremes) and it the way it said in the manual. Give left rdder untill it gets to the right point, then give right rudder to the right point and then keeping it there pressed the button. It seemed to set both limits fine.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I forget to set the ball 5mm away, put it right at the last hole. It was already the min. limit the gyro can go. My bad...
Rgoh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 10:20 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm having PROBLEMS:

I have everythign set up properly...
but when I go to spin up, the tail spins hard right, when it gets up to headspeed
or the HEAD will tilt hard to the right, just before lift off?

Also, what should the Gyro be set to in the DX7 radio? 60-70%?
Old 12-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #31 (permalink)

Sounds like you need to change the direction of the gyro, dunno about the head,
Old 12-13-2008, 03:00 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got a wierd tail-issue too.

Super combo, stock setup. Initially I had the binding issue, but now I've sanded the hub down, and it seems to be better. I can change tail pitch by hand, allthough it needs high amount of force...

Gyro set up as per instructions in this thread, and full delay, small heli, 25-35 % gain in futaba AVCS mode, ball is aprox. 5 mm. from center. Tested with a 3154, but same issue.

The problem:
When hovering, I push the rudder stick, and turn the heli just 1/8 - 1/4 turn, it starts wagging, and i 5-10 wags it settels down again. The problem increases by increasing the gain, but i've got a very bad-holding tail at 25% gain, and the problem is still there.

I'm allmost at the point of trying the spartan-cure, but normally I do not quit when it should be possible to work it out.

Any suggestions to this problem ?
dkpodder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2008, 06:27 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try cutting down your spare tail blades down to 30mm bolt hole to edge.Works well to get rid of the wag,but I dont know about the 420 servo,Im using a JR290....
gixxerjeff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got rid of the gyro and servo all together replaced it with my trusty 401 and futaba 9257 servo i took the tail apart sanded everything and made it as smooth as possible, for me this was the cure it flies wonderfull now tail holds great.
jwtje is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2008, 10:36 PM   #35 (permalink)

You stated full delay??? The gyro should have zero delay in it, or center stick with the top LED blinking red. That would cause a wag. What aso concerns me it that it takes a lot of force to move the tail by hand, it should be smooth as butter, I have seen tails get gummed up by locktite getting in the brass bushing going from the slider to the hub, I would start taking things off starting at the hub and find out where the tail gets easy to move back and forth... then work your way back making sure everything is smooth
Old 12-13-2008, 11:59 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bert Kammerer states somewhere on this site that he uses FULL (max) delay on all his gyros, which allows him to increase gain/holding without wag. Interesting.

See: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=102326&page=6
Posting #53
ndoren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2008, 12:43 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Without the motor running, the tail is silky smooth, but when I test with 70% throttle, it takes a lot of force to move the pushod.
dkpodder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 03:18 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Exclamation S3154 did the job

Hi,

I got one of those 250 super combos today .. and I already thought there must be something else in that small box but not my awaited 250

The build went pretty smoth but while setting up the tail I got stuck!
I tried all of your ideas and recommendations but I think there is no one who could make this DS420 holding the tail.
I really tried the whole afternoon even with sanding and and and .. messed up radio and everything.

Finally I went to an expensive electronics shop and got one of those S3154 .. and guess what: It just worked!!

So GP750 is fine and works like explained in this thread but you have to replace this DS420 with something else like S3154 or 290 (which is not available in switzerland) and your tail will just be fine.

Cheers,
Alex
GaeGuu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2008, 07:41 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
12. Move the rudder stick and observe your tail pitch travel. Move the rudder stick left until the tail pitch slider reaches the end, then move to the right until pitch slider reaches the other end.
13. While holding the rudder stick, press SET button on gyro.
This is the part where I'm stuck at. So, the limit led shows up, then i move rudder stick from left to right then in the middle and press SET button. But nothing happens. I also tried to move to the left then SET button, to the right then SET button but it just won't work. Any ideas how to make it work?
Thanks in advance.
mipo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2008, 08:20 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, move far left until pitch slider at end of travel and then right and HOLD the stick and press the set button.
johnnychimpo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in