Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default helicopter upgrades

Are there any tail motor upgrades for the V400D02 and the Master CP. I hear they blow out quick.
Joker30 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

No real simple drop-in's I know of, but you might consider going brushless.
This guy sells kits for both,

http://www.rtf-heli.com/WALKERA_V400...BRUSHLESS.html

DD tails won't withstand much 3D on larger birds. The Master gives pretty normal motor life if you don't 3D, the 400 well...

My fav tail motor, I mount them on a sturdy vertical fin, carbon boom...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...=Product-Feeds
xch3no2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I only have the master cp, so my comments only apply to it. The tail seems very steady and does not blow out, even with fairly aggresive pitch pumps. Theres adew degrees of lag, while tail rotor accelerates, but VERY little.
I do not fly hardcore 3d, but know howto beat a bird up. The v400 i can believe would blow out and is an issue. Keep in mind, the v400 (no flaming please) is a bit of a pig, possibly well manered and clean, but a pig none the less. It uses almost identical drivetrain and cyclic servos on a machine nearly twice the size of the master (i am going on visual reference and do not feel like actuslly checking)
Imagine if the drivetrain can power a 400, pulling it out and sticking it in a 200 would be hot rodding things. The tail motor has to counter the weight of the heli, much less on a 200 than big burtha 400.
My motors dint get too hot and it is quite peppy to behonest. It has very nice climb out pitch pumps on full charge are impressive.
Having said that, there have been some complaints that bl upgrades have some quirks with the tail. I love me some walkera heli, but they march to the beat of thre own drum, so there are afew oddities in the elecyrical layout (i am unsure if this is also thecase with the 400) there is a single brushed esc fior both tail and main, so the issues may be related to replacing only the main whilekeeping the stock tail...just reporting theisdues i heard
One thing i like about the master is that it issuch a simple heli, yet performs adaquitly. It is like an adult all grown up genius or mcpx. For me, i have hot rod brushless birds that size.....
And i a, scared shitless to crash. I like this aspect pf my master.
I think that when the tail does quit, i will try posdibly a direct drive motor set up. I have one or two in the parts bin from old esky cp3 andthink it mightbe an upgrade. I dont think though o will go diwn the brushless route if i get reasonable durability from the current stock set up, rather grab my 250 or 300x when that type of power is needed. Remember, regardless of whats driving it, a fp tail has to accelerate to counter the main, so there is diminishing returns. A vp driven tail auto conoensates, the more power themain gets, the more power available to thetail.
Super high power fp tail set ups are pisdible, the mcpx bl (scaled diwn of coarse) is proof of this. Its trade off is its a bit twitchy and not at all as smooth as a mcpx or even nano. I think that the mcpx bl probably hd the eflite guys doing overtime to get thingssorted even to the point it is at now, which is not perfect. I think that thedual brushless mod on this set up, while functional, would take a lot away from the flight characteristics.......
My 2 cents
helimaniac88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in