Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 550 Class Electric Helicopters

550 Class Electric Helicopters 550 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2015, 03:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Interchangeable parts for 550/600

Hi guys. I've searched around as much as I can and found lots of threads on the different flight characteristics between the 2 models and how to convert the 550 to a 600 but just wondering what parts are interchangeable. For example, can you use the same main shaft and bottom frame? Not after an extensive list, just some of the basics that tend to break when you crash.
toughnut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2015, 04:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which brand and model of 550 and 600 are you thinking about?

And what's the point of the exercise, are you thinking about having both a 550 and a 600 and buying common spares?
Old 06-21-2015, 09:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I own a Trex 600 clone and a Trex 600 pro. I live in Thailand and the local shops seem to have spares for the 550 but not the 600. I have to order most parts in as I need them. The local shop prices are usually better than ordering so hoping I can find some common spares. Otherwise its hurry up and wait for spare parts to be sent.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's interesting. At my shop nearly all the parts I buy for the 550e's say Trex600 on the label. Main shaft and tail gears were the same but you do have to watch it because different versions have different gear ratios and there are both straight and slant main gears.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I put my 550e Pro DFC together, it seemed as though the rotor, tail assy's and servos were all the 600 class parts and everything else was not.

Kind of a hybrid between the std 550 and the 600. Entire frame, body and motor / gears were different between the two.
04fxdwgi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2015, 08:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah. I suspected that there are a few parts that are interchangeable. The main thing that I'm having trouble finding is the bottom plate. Both frames I have are version 1 so I don't have the frame blocks but even those are not easy to find. I can get them from the UK but for some reason the postage is usually more than the parts cost. Its ridiculous. There are some shops that have much better postage but don't have the parts that I need. Some shops are charging up to $80 for postage of just the frame blocks and bottom plate. I'm guessing they are trying to make up their profit margin on the postage. Just thieves.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sometimes an email to the parts supplier can get you an alternate shipping option that is significantly less expensive, so just email them and see if they are willing, better yet is if you can supply them.with an option.
KSHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2015, 08:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.helipross.com/align-t-rex...ts-h60028.html

http://www.helipal.com/h60212-600pro...ate-1-6mm.html
Old 06-25-2015, 10:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks heaps SumOfParts. I ended up getting the stuff from Helipal.com They had great prices and reasonable shipping costs. They also have a great range in stock. Cheers for the link.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

So. I thought the Helipal deal was pretty good. Turns out it is too good to be true. There is nothing on their website to say how many items are available and there is nothing to say what the terms of a sale item are. So now they are telling me that one of the items I bought is not in stock and if I want it I have to pay extra to cover the full normal price of the item. I feel a bit ripped off. Now they are holding my full order until I pay the extra. Customer service is a dying art.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Go to hobbythai in Bangkok... They have pretty much every align spare/ upgrade you could think of....
EC225LP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in