Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Therefore I fly Futaba S.Bus
www.modelhelicopter-review.nl
trexpro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2015, 05:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by isogloss3d View Post
Thanks so much for your help panzlflyer.

Now I'm reading through the manual and forums here and it looks like gov function is only possible with one Spektrum sat through adapter (fine for my Gaui X3) or with a Spektrum AR9020? Is this accurate?

If this is true I'm frustrated with both Spektrum and BX.
I have a couple ar9020s id make you a deal on :cool:
Old 06-21-2015, 06:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by trexpro View Post
Therefore I fly Futaba S.Bus
If could go back in time 4 years and not win a DX8 in a contest and not have everyone at the previous field flying Spektrum and JR, I would've most certainly went with Futaba.

It's very clear to me now that Futaba has many advantages, especially in the Heli/flybarless market.

My budget has been cut in half, since starting this hobby, and all I want is a great governor for my 6HV without having to spend $400-500. I've got extra spektrum sats and a spare AR8000 laying around. It's been a good run with Microbeast up til now and they've served me well my first 4 years with flybarless. But it may be time to move on. Vbar Neo looks promising if buying new, or Blue/Silver line used.

GAUI X3 6S, Xnova 1860, HW 50A V3, MKS DS95, 8910A+, BeastX, Belted Tail.

Last edited by isogloss3d; 06-21-2015 at 11:11 PM..
isogloss3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2015, 06:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2deep View Post
I have a couple ar9020s id make you a deal on :cool:
Thanks for the kind offer. I'll be making a decision shortly and PM you if I'm interested.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If could go back in time 4 years and not win a DX8 in a contest and not have everyone at the previous field flying Spektrum and JR, I would've most certainly went with Futaba.

It's very clear to me now that Futaba has many advantages, especially in the Heli/flybarless market.

My budget has been cut in half, since starting this hobby, and all I want is a great governor for my 6HV without having to spend $400-500. I've got extra spektrum sats and a spare AR8000 laying around. It's been a good run with Microbeast up til now and they've served me well my first 4 years with flybarless. But it may be time to move on. Vbar Neo looks promising if buying new, or Blue/Silver line used.
It's easy for me to say because I use Futaba for more than 20 years. I always remained loyal to Futaba because it has never failed on me. I only switched to a newer model every four or five years. In 2013 I was thinking to make the switch to Spektrum but ended up with a t14sg Futaba again
www.modelhelicopter-review.nl
trexpro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2015, 06:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bit of a learning curve but I used a Taranis ( $200 inc RX) and sbus for a while on a Beast and Ikon, never had an issue.
As I long time Futaba person I put all my helis back on a 14SG because I like the ergonomics more.
Taranis for multis and fpv due to its infinite programming, solid link and mod-ability.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:30 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Im not sure its so bad that you need to find a new FBL bud. In order to use the gov you have to use a single line RX, that's true with either Spektrum or Futaba. Now Futaba has more Sbus RX to choose from, while Spektrum currently only has one, but either platform still needs a single line connection.

If you already have sats, then you just need an AR9020. I can sell you one for less than you could sell your AR8000 for, so you could actually accomplish your goal and put some cash in your pocket.

If your on a budget (who isn't lol) you may want to look somewhere other than the Neo. Not only is it unexplainably far more expensive than competing FBL units, it only works with the V-Control radio. So unless you already have one...

The Plus units fly really well, a real improvement over the old ones. The bailout works great too. I had to use it once and it saved my heli. Im a believer in bailout, I wont fly another FBL without that feature anymore.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Im not sure its so bad that you need to find a new FBL bud.
Well, in a sense, buying the MB Plus is 'finding a new FBL unit'. But I think I get your point in that it may not be reason enough to switch brands.

Quote:
In order to use the gov you have to use a single line RX, that's true with either Spektrum or Futaba. Now Futaba has more Sbus RX to choose from, while Spektrum currently only has one, but either platform still needs a single line connection.
True, but the affordable Spektrum single-line Rx's are their sats, and with the way MB Plus is configured you have to use a $150 Spektrum Rx if flying a model larger than a 450. This is if you can't find a freindly helifreak to sell one to you used. Futaba has $40 single-line Rx's that work with with any size model.

Quote:
If your on a budget (who isn't lol) you may want to look somewhere other than the Neo. Not only is it unexplainably far more expensive than competing FBL units, it only works with the V-Control radio. So unless you already have one...
True that the currently available Vbar Neo VLink only works with V Control. However (my current understanding is) in July the regular VBar NEO 6.1 Express comes out and works with Spektrum Sats (and other bus systems) and includes the e-gov for $220.

Thanks for you advice, still weighing my options.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in