Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 03:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Servo Chatter

I just picked up a MCP X I got it bound to my DX7 and when there are no inputs from the transmitter the servos chatter. I am on hold with HH but I was told it was a 2 hour wait time, so I figured this would be faster. Just want to make sure this is normal before flying.

Thanks!
jfinne13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

How bad's the chatter? Is it a buz or a noticeable vibration?
- Dx6i
Atlas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

its a high pitched buzz and all servos move back and forth very quickly about a tooth or 2 in either direction.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the same problem a few others do as well.
tp311 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Do they all do that or are we just the lucky ones? Have you talked to HH?
Old 03-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=286762&page=2
- Dx6i
Atlas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

seems normal to me
my 500 FBL does this too its related to the FBL
normal
AMA#948801
Elios000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinne13 View Post
I just picked up a MCP X I got it bound to my DX7 and when there are no inputs from the transmitter the servos chatter. I am on hold with HH but I was told it was a 2 hour wait time, so I figured this would be faster. Just want to make sure this is normal before flying.

Thanks!
This is 100% normal. The FBL Control System can cause them to do this a bit (digital servos will do this even more than analogs)

You're good to go
Old 03-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was gonna ask the same thing. As soon as mine arms it makes a high pitched squeal and the servo's tiwtch. I saw a couple vids on youtube and others were doing it so i figured it was normal.
Hefe4000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2011, 05:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Servo chatter and whining is normal, it happens on every micro I have from horizon...

However, they shouldn't be moving significantly... the tracks get dirty very quickly on these micro servos which is a bit of a design flaw imo, and causes them to hunt for centre. If they are moving more than you'd like I can suggest the following:

If you take off the servo and then turn it over you'll see 4 small screws holding the white servo mechanics onto the board. Undo these (carefully, they're easy to drop and lose!) and you can then separate the board from the servo mechanics.

I then use a disinfection alcohol towel like these http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/20...hol_Towel.html

Rub up and down the little metal strip on the board whilst applying a gentle pressure until the black markings around the centre are cleaned away and you are left with a clean strip. Next just very gently wipe the metal wipers on the white servo piece but be careful not to bend them out of place.

Put the whole lot back together, don't tighten the screws too much or you'll strip out the plastic in the white servo housing.

Et Voila, chatter will still be there but hunting should be gone.
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe I need some help defining "chatter"? The mcpx is my first CP heli. I have all of Blades FP helis. When armed with no inputs from radio, all three servos/gears twitch back and forth. Maybe a distance of 1-2 teeth of the gear. Is this considered "chatter", and more importantly, is this normal for this type of heli? I also have some decent vibration in flight. Could the twitching be causing this? I only have about 3 flights in so I can't see how the little silver strip on the servo could already be dirty.

Thanks.
fr0g is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just checked mine closely with freshly cleaned strips and the servos move maybe a tooth or two with the chatter.

It's normal - mine flies perfectly smoothly too, so if you are having vibrations I highly doubt it's related in this instance.

For vibrations I would check the following:

- Bottom gear tightly pressed up on main shaft to ensure there's no vertical play.
- Blades not too tight, they should be able to move freely in the grips, but not so loose they just flop all over the place. It's a very fine balance!
- Blade balance, I used a T-250 sized blade balancer which I bought for a few quid a while back and it worked beautifully.
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the reply! I'll check those.
fr0g is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default blade mcpx servo jump

I know taking apart the servos & cleaning them fixes the twitching, but I have to do it every 1.5 weeks. What's up with that? I probably only fly the thing for a total of 2-5hrs a week inside and outside the warehouse at work. That's actual flight time, airborne 2-5hrs per week. Is there something else going on as to why I get servo jump every 1.5weeks? Inside the warehouse the environment is dusty but not excessively dirty & the heli probably only hits dust when its between 0-3ft in altitude. I've only had maybe 4 real crashes in 3months with only minor damage. Always rebind after crashes too. Also, does it really matter if u lift off while giving cyclic input? Dvd(I haven't watched yet) says don't touch the cyclic until its airborne, I haven't had any problems.I always give cyclic input on lift off to stay in control. Flies fine for me, heading hold still works nothing crazy has happened. I'm just tired of tearing down the servos for cleaning, tiny screws & big hands=no fun
brettskywalker48 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in