Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default tail dynamic heading lock gain and tx gain, whats the difference and how to set them?

im trying to gain an understanding as to what each setting does and how to set it properly, but why are there 3 settings for the tail? and what specifically does each do? and how should i dial each setting in properly?
nick779 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

This might help.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=279967
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2011, 07:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertstalker View Post
+1

And also video #4 HERE.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks, I just found those... I can't wait to fly this thing lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
nick779 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

A few things I might offer as I found for me on my first BeastX setup (which was my first FBL setup to btw) this was one of my most initial confusing parts too. But keep in mind this is just what I found worked for me to at least what I liked.

First of all from finding this out afterwards and this is no knock against the Beast, but I am kinda getting to the point now where for every bird I have, if I can, I go with slightly bigger tail blades then stock.

I took my 700 from the stock 105s to the 115's and it does make a much improved difference.

Also you really should be sure you have at least the Ver 3 or more in the BeastX as the diff (improvements) of 3 over 2 in this area for its results is significant. And don't even bother with any adjustments at all if you don't have Ver3 as you will have to start all over and redo all of them once you get 3 on there.

So once you have those done of what you want, just like in the instructions, start out with the Tx gain at the amount they say and Parameter D to the default (Medium) and the Dial 3 in the middle.

Now just to touch on this as you kinda asked, The Tx Tail Gyro Gain can really be thought of as just like any Tail Gyro Gain you had before. There may be more of it broken up now and not show all the elements it did before from a incorrect adjustment point, but for the first step of things, think of it just like you did before for its main action and that is, fly the helo an just keep bumping it up until you get a good amount of wag from your stops and/or flying and them back it down till that stops.

Now you may find it does not start and stop with much authority and that is what the Dial C is for, but for the over all wag, this is what you want to look for an adjust out. And you can do this anyway you like, but for me I tend to want a aggressive gain so I will even let a smidgen of a wag on the harshest of stops stay as I just don't mind that as a trade off of what I get under all other conditions, but that's just me.

Now the instructions next tell you to play with the Parm D, but in all honesty, I found that leaving it just where it is was just fine so I didn't even mess with it.

Again to go into it a little, the thing that Parm D is mostly for its to deal with any inconsistency of the spinning you might have with the Piro action of the bird and mostly is so that if you have wind coming at you from one side and you are spinning, that is does not speed up and slow down its turns in this wind all depending on which side it is turning through.

Basically, it keeps the tail from whipping and in mostly these kinda of conditons.

So again, I flew my helo and just tried fast and slow spins as I was moving along and also hovering and did that for windy conditions and found that the default setting was just fine.

Next, just like most will say, I adjusted the Dial C for only a few marks to the neg and found the stops were good an solid then, and then just left it. And btw to last touch on this, that is just what Dial C is for, the harshness of the stop.

I think just like it could be the normal case that with so much that can be messed with and kinda even the way the manual makes it seems, that just like most say, the actual amount of messing with things is a lot easier and less involved then it might seem. So there really is no need to over think it.

For the tail just set everything to stock, adjust your Tail Gyro Gain just like before, and then unless you really have some whipping to get rid of, just skip ParmD, then tweak out the stops as hard as you would like via a little adjusting of the C Dial and that is usually all that is needed.

Hope that all helps and all works for you as easily as it did for me.
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in