Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Synergy Model Helicopters

Synergy Model Helicopters Synergy Model Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupZ View Post
Hi Mr Botos, will thr be wraparound canopies in the future?(something like the logo's or the TDR's) I tink it will look or maybe even feel more aerodynamic imho Pls correct me if i'm wrong

Oh & u have a 3D sch?!?! Wish i could attend though haha! Issit like a physical sch whr students go to u for lessons or do u have like an online sch/videos?

oh yea & one more qtn, for the E6/E7, wads the diameter of the tail boom? Issit the same as the logo 600 or smaller? Thks in advance!
Hi or maybe anyone who's clear abt any of the above can kindly ans my queries? Will appreciate tat! Thks in advance!
SoupZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

You guys are still asking for different canopy...go to the beginning of this thread and read it all, it seems to me that most people like the color and design of this canipy, I would not want a Logo canopy on my Synergy, Logo canopies look great on Logos but it's not the look I want my E6/E7 to have.
ClubCRASH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, Matt says he'll have a couple of alternative canopies available soon. That's very cool. I wonder if he would have got that project rolling so quickly if nobody had voiced a negative opinion of the existing canopy?

Something to consider for you Synergy team members before you post....It's OK for some of us end users to NOT like something or other about this ship. The E6/7 is a very nice heli. Is it flawless?...Well, too soon to tell for sure. In the mean time, if you team guys can help us solve a problem or two...MUCH appreciated....

Last edited by stevehof; 11-25-2011 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: punctuation...;^)
stevehof is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thing the alternatives will be different color schemes, not the shape.
4cyclic is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 07:24 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehof View Post
Yes, Matt says he'll have a couple of alternative canopies available soon. That's very cool. I wonder if he would have got that project rolling so quickly if nobody had voiced a negative opinion of the existing canopy?

Something to consider for you Synergy team members before you post....It's OK for some of us end users to NOT like something or other about this ship. The E6/7 is a very nice heli. Is it flawless?...Well, too soon to tell for sure. In the mean time, if you team guys can help us solve a problem or two...MUCH appreciated....
+1. Well said.
MarkH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I feel pointed about the Team thing, and you guys are right, I am kind of pushing but it's only because I really like this canopy, I agree that other options would be fun, but again don't change the shape I for one like it's shape.
ClubCRASH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
+1. Well said.
+2
Old 11-27-2011, 05:24 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCRASH View Post
You guys are still asking for different canopy...go to the beginning of this thread and read it all, it seems to me that most people like the color and design of this canipy, I would not want a Logo canopy on my Synergy, Logo canopies look great on Logos but it's not the look I want my E6/E7 to have.
Well i didn't say i want a logo canopy on an E6/E7, if u read carefully i said "wraparound' canopy & i meant "something like" the Logos or TDR, or maybe take the 7HV for example, they dont look the same do they? they just have something in common, a wraparound canopy which imho looks more sleek/aerodynamic or wadeva u wish to name it
but u also cant deny tat the concept of the frame is more or less adopted frm the logo right? But It's a good thing! Cos it's a great design & Matt imho perfected it by very much further improving it dont get the wrong idea, i meant no disrespect to Synergy helis at all, as a matter of fact, i wanted to find out more bcos i grew to love Synergy helis! When i watched Matt on youtube flying his E6 with the canopy off, it looked super sexy! but with the canopy on, not so... I just thought tat the back upper end of the canopy, the part near to the upper canopy mounts, are a lil wide opened & too pointy which imho affects the overall appearance of the heli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehof View Post

+3, thks Steve! The E6/E7 is truly a beautiful ship, tats why i'm here cos it's the 1st one tat managed to pull my scope away frm the "long-aimed" logo 600 3D But i tink tat it's just normal for us consumers to make comparisons here & thr cos we hope for the best in wad we buy, & of cos it's for the love of Synergy helis tat we are here to feedbk so tat they can improve & we can see it become an even stronger contender in the market Of cos dont blame them too, i dont tink CRASH meant anything offensive also, it's natural to defend something or someone tat u love & take pride in, tats passion we're talking abt! right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCRASH View Post
I feel pointed about the Team thing, and you guys are right, I am kind of pushing but it's only because I really like this canopy, I agree that other options would be fun, but again don't change the shape I for one like it's shape.
Of cos dont change the shape for i like it too, only tat a particular part of the canopy did not appeal to me, i'm fine with the color too, but u must understand tat everyone has different taste which also means tat other options would really be fun i'm talking abt an "improvised design frm the current one" which will attract more ppl to it including urself! Which i tink will happen bcos "Botos design & distibution inc" isnt named like tat for no reason, Matt is a great DESIGNER! & i'm sure he has a very powerful imagination & loads of ideas flowing in his mind!
Just take a look at Mikado, the previous sky blue & white color scheme tat the logos had b4 was a lil boring imho, but look how they "boomed" like nobody's business ltr on, & i believe some factors are,
-marketing & service (which i tink tat Synergy is brilliant in, with all his "Matt" flying demos/product intro/videos, always updating info & support on his website, Synergy even has a dedicated forum on its own & u hear frm the man himself! Tat is wad i call passion & dedication, & not just fellow flyers coming together to create a forum for a certain brand on their own, some other brands dont even have their own website)

2ndly- they changed the appeal of their canopies, color schemes & maybe a few lil things, but the color schemes played a major part imho

I know wads impt is the mechanics not the canopies, but sadly to say imho consumers being human beings will look at the cover of the book which normally makes the 1st impression b4 they decide whether they wanna know more abt the inside, same goes for helis imho... of cos having a super gorgeous canopy but having lousy mechanics is a no-go but having superb mechnics with gorgeous canopies is definitely a grabber!

Just my 2cents imho, hope y'all dont mind, pardon me & correct me if i'm wrong
Old 11-27-2011, 05:35 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by don-dadda View Post
Gotta agree with Matt on this one. Guys who are newer to the hobby are really spoiled. Not that long ago if you wanted a premium electric machine like a MA Ion-X you had to drop over a grand for the mechanics and then send your blank canopy to Arizona Heli or Canopy FX and shell out another $150 to get it painted. Anyone complaining about this canopy must be new to the hobby.

If you cant see a white canopy with a black windshied and neon green accents then your in the minority of pilots purchasing this heli and should just send your canopy to a painter. I would hate if the stock canopy looked like the picture posted by the OP.
we mustn't forget history of cos... but to learn frm it & move on with times.
I'm not saying everything.. some things still has to remain traditional but wad i meant was especially things tat has got to do with design & technology together with demands & supplies moves real quick, u cant possibly compare turbofan planes of today with the piston prop planes of ytd & whine abt how lucky ppl are now tat they can go much faster right? why not stop living in the past too much & start looking into the market demands & competitors of now, or maybe in the future & work frm thr? U must know the reason why a variety of factory painted canopies are so popular, bcos manufacturers have a bigger capacity & ability to do a much better paint job than an average layman noob painter like me (of cos thr are still flyers out thr who are pro painters who likes to do their own paint job, nothing against tat ) but it truly saves ppl like me a lot of hassle, & it gives us a choice of plain or fancily colored canopies! In this way i'm sure everyone would be happy & i believe Synergy being a popular brand running a business would hope to serve & cater to the preferences of every of it's flyers right?

Nothing against ur comments but just thought of sharing my 2cents imho, hope u dont mind, pardon me & correct me if i'm wrong
Old 11-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only problem with multiple canopies is that everyone has their own taste in colors. So how many do you make? Next thing is you know fusano is working on them so now he has competition. Will you stick with a synergy product or go to fusano. It is not an easy choice, though to Matt's credit, he is working on it. It is not easy for a small mgr. Even MinAir only has 1canopy for there machines. I think TT only has 1per machine. But like I said he has heard you and is working on it.
crashr30 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashr30 View Post
The only problem with multiple canopies is that everyone has their own taste in colors. So how many do you make? Next thing is you know fusano is working on them so now he has competition. Will you stick with a synergy product or go to fusano. It is not an easy choice, though to Matt's credit, he is working on it. It is not easy for a small mgr. Even MinAir only has 1canopy for there machines. I think TT only has 1per machine. But like I said he has heard you and is working on it.
Hi, thks for ur reply really appreciate ur advise just wanted to make clear the rationale behind my queries to fellow freakers so tat they wouldn't misunderstand me, yeap tats wad I said, no need for too many just maybe a couple popular colors for ppl who don't paint to choose frm, design is totally up to Matt & a plain unpainted one for those who wants to customize their own colors. Well actually I wasn't focusing too much on the colors as I'm absolutely fine with it, it's simple but looks great imho, & Im actually more of an "original" guy haha & I'm sure Matt wouldn't let his canopies be lagging on standards against competition.
Seriously I didn't know Matt was on it areadi until I saw the last few posts including yours, bcos I didn't get a reply frm him, but upon seeing this it even more increases the confidence I have in Synergy heli cos now I know they react & does something abt it when feedbks are given! I'm sorry pls forgive me if I sounded pushy haha but the pace of this market/field/industry is truly quick, even so, don't misunderstand me, I know it's not easy for him so of cos I'm not expecting Matt to come out with something overnight or too fast, I wouldn't dare to buy it too, a GREAT PRODUCT needs many good ideas put together well, to create, which needs effort, dedication & TIME, which I believe are the qualities tat Synergy has!!! Thks loads Matt & team, ur efforts are greatly appreciated!

Lastly imho I tink tat MinAir is MinAir, TT is TT, Synergy is Synergy. He doesn't neccesarily need to follow their footsteps right? If Synergy is able to take a step further for us, isn't tat another reason to support their products? I have faith tat Synergy has the potential to flourish, do really well & emerge as one of the big players in this field too, tats y we are here to feed bk, & I believe Matt meant Synergy to be a LEADER in RC helis, not a follower

thks for the info to help me learn, really appreciate it
Old 11-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

In reference to Synergy not following the other guys it is a good argument. Being a former business owner I get that resources can be scarce at this scale. Your comments are very solid. All I can think though is if I am going to choose between canopy inventory or say torque tube inventory I know I want the hard parts. But you are right in that Matt is doing all he can to set the curve and not follow the crowd.

Hope you have good weather to fly cause it sucks here right now. Take care.
crashr30 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2011, 02:01 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1

oh no pls don't say tat, I'm still fairly noob & have lotsa stuff to learn frm u guys haha I'm glad u found my comments constructive, thk u so much! But pls really guide & correct or even "spank" me if y'all find wrong things tat I said which shows ignorance, I'm ok with it as long as i learn
you're right, I agree with u tat resources could be scarce nowadays & it's truly logical to give development priorities to the more impt mechanics. ( i've watched the YouTube video of the E7 torque tube test & was blown away at how quiet & smooth it is, marvellous!) I totally neglected tat man...pls forgive me haha
yea thr's just something I see in Synergy tat is different frm the rest, Matt just has his unique style with all his outstanding designs & leadership, Synergy has a promising future man...

oh man talking abt weather i'm only able to get flight time on my Phoenix sim cos it's thunderstorms cats & dogs almost everyday here, well..I'll just have to wait though but it's ok cos the N9 is a sweet sweet flyer on Pheonix take care too friend!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:37 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Heres a few close up pics of the pearl white/metallic green+blue in the canopy.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0120.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	270100   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0128.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	270101  
vanillagorilla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it's a great thing that the biggest complaint about the E7 is the canopy paint job. Seriously, that just means that everything else is so good that people just HAD to have something to say. Man I can't wait to get one. C'mon TT version!
BigIreland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in