Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 09:10 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by keong View Post
pril250..how hard is to set a FM ?

how long does i need to take from Box to flight..?

some good comments from CPII though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvMgk...eature=related

cheers mate
how hard is to set a FM ? depends on your bird, radio, and computer

how long does i need to take from Box to flight..?a CPII?5 minutes to install the hardware, but
I've done it before, another 5 minutes to do a quick setup if you read through the manual

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2010, 10:06 AM   #42 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pril250 View Post
Hi
No experience with FM, CPII from box to fly depending on heli, mine took maybe 2 houres, should be faster on a 450 heli, but I am still trying to set the angles perfect but the weather is playing with me.

Oh..i thought u had tried FM before..cos you are quite pro- FM ..haha

i am flying a T-rex500 , Mini G gyro, JR9303 2.4, XP windows
keong is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 10:11 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
how hard is to set a FM ? depends on your bird, radio, and computer

how long does i need to take from Box to flight..?a CPII?5 minutes to install the hardware, but
I've done it before, another 5 minutes to do a quick setup if you read through the manual

Night...how long do i need? ..i hope my bird is not hard to set...
Old 02-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Night...how long do i need? ..i hope my bird is not hard to set...
for a FM...a good guess is after you read all the posting on setup, maybe an hour or so, barring any unforeseen issues with the software

Old 02-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #45 (permalink)

what about if CPII?
Old 02-09-2010, 10:52 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
what about if CPII?
10 minutes to install the hardware,
another 5 minutes to do a quick setup you can view the video's on the FMA website

Old 02-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
pril250..how hard is to set a FM ?

how long does i need to take from Box to flight..?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvMgk...eature=related

cheers mate
Hi, How long it takes to set up. Well Nightflyer can set up a cp2 in under 5 mins, I can set up a flymentor in under 5 mins. But its more likely to take several hours and in some cases days. It is not posible to say how long it will take someone else to set anything up. If you are useing vista you will have problems with the FM programme no problems with XP. You do not need a computor with CP2.
If your main concern is set up then for mosy guys CP2 must be easier.
Ivor
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #48 (permalink)

thanks mate...cheers!!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #49 (permalink)

hI Ivor, great to hear from you...

have you used CP2 before? whats your advice CP2 and FM..i will buy it soon but stil thinking now which to get
Old 02-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivor Hill View Post
Hi, How long it takes to set up. Well Nightflyer can set up a cp2 in under 5 mins, I can set up a flymentor in under 5 mins. But its more likely to take several hours and in some cases days. It is not posible to say how long it will take someone else to set anything up. If you are useing vista you will have problems with the FM programme no problems with XP. You do not need a computor with CP2.
If your main concern is set up then for mosy guys CP2 must be easier.
Ivor

my main concern is setup & reliability ....
Old 02-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
hI Ivor, great to hear from you...

have you used CP2 before? whats your advice CP2 and FM..i will buy it soon but stil thinking now which to get
Hi I have only tried CP2 very briefly in a hover. I own 4 flymentors and 2 helicommands. All 3 systems do what the manufacturers claim.
Without taking set up into consideration my opinion is that for the beginner FM is better especially if most of your practice is done in a confined space,position mode is perfect for nose in practice.
Without taking into consideration the possible problem that some have reported of houses,trees, mountains overcast skys ect giving problems and you are a little more experienced and the main reason for wanting one is a fast recovery system, then CP2 may be better. Hope this helps and good luck. Ivor
Old 02-09-2010, 07:30 PM   #52 (permalink)

thanks for the advice ... cheers !
Old 02-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ivor, good summary. I don't have FM/HC but my understanding is that they are great at holding a low hover to the point of hands free. I know I cannot do that with my CP2 but I was not looking for hands free hovering. I just wantedt something to level my bird when I'm in trouble with lost orientation which the CP2 does very well. I would sum up that CP2 is great at level assist while FM/HC seems to be great at hover assist. However, I assume FM/HC can instantly level out you heli if it start veering off to the ground. If so, I would say FM/HC is better because it can do what CP2 does best and can hover in one small spot as well. The FM seems like a great deal considering it is cheaper than the CP2 while the HC is more than twice the cost of the CP2.
vanguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguy View Post
Ivor, good summary. I don't have FM/HC but my understanding is that they are great at holding a low hover to the point of hands free. I know I cannot do that with my CP2 but I was not looking for hands free hovering. I just wantedt something to level my bird when I'm in trouble with lost orientation which the CP2 does very well. I would sum up that CP2 is great at level assist while FM/HC seems to be great at hover assist. However, I assume FM/HC can instantly level out you heli if it start veering off to the ground. If so, I would say FM/HC is better because it can do what CP2 does best and can hover in one small spot as well. The FM seems like a great deal considering it is cheaper than the CP2 while the HC is more than twice the cost of the CP2.
That is a fair summation of the differences and similarities between the two with one exception, I am not sure, having read about it, that FM will know whether the heli is inverted at greater than hover hight.
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That is a fair summation of the differences and similarities between the two with one exception, I am not sure, having read about it, that FM will know whether the heli is inverted at greater than hover hight.
Hi, Not quite sure what your saying here. In position mode used for hovering it should not be inverted, in balance mode it can be inverted at any height. Ivor
Old 02-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi, Not quite sure what your saying here. In position mode used for hovering it should not be inverted, in balance mode it can be inverted at any height. Ivor
With CPII if you haven't configured 3D flight mode (Inverted flight) and just level flight mode is enabled and as result of lose of orientation the heli ended up inverted CPII will get it level for you. As I am not familiar with all the ins and outs of FM, just wondered if it had this capability to get you back on the straight and narrow. I understand though that both system work with inverted flight.

I already know that with FM in position mode the CCD needs to see a ground image.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
With CPII if you haven't configured 3D flight mode (Inverted flight) and just level flight mode is enabled and as result of lose of orientation the heli ended up inverted CPII will get it level for you. As I am not familiar with all the ins and outs of FM, just wondered if it had this capability to get you back on the straight and narrow. I understand though that both system work with inverted flight.

I already know that with FM in position mode the CCD needs to see a ground image.
Yes I see what you mean. I am not sure but the only way I can see it working is that if you let go the stick it will go to whatever is closest inverted or upright. There is no way of telling it which way you want it to go. I do believe that CP2 is far better and faster when used for bail out. Ivor
Old 02-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes I see what you mean. I am not sure but the only way I can see it working is that if you let go the stick it will go to whatever is closest inverted or upright. There is no way of telling it which way you want it to go. I do believe that CP2 is far better and faster when used for bail out. Ivor
Thanks, I wish I could test all that but our UK weather has hardly allowed me enough flying time to finish setting up CPII and testing it proper. CPII preflight says NO! under bad weather pretext....
Old 02-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #59 (permalink)

hi guys!!

i ordered my FM from HC already, awaiting for delivery...will need all your guidance and help toward making in FM sucessfull...thanks in advance!!

Old 02-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought 2 CP2s,one for my 450 sport nd one for my 500esp...now just have to test them out.
Oilfield1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in