Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Foamies and Park Flyers

Foamies and Park Flyers 3D Foamies and Park Flyers are an EXCELLENT way to improve your reflexes and stick finesse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default my landing gear are not doing well after crash, used welders to glue them in

so every time i land the gear is now bending back wards quite bad. when i crashed it bent up the landing gear.

so basically on this plane you put the gear in, fill it with welders and than push a wooden block in there to hold the gear on. i am not sure what the best way to get the gear back out would be so i can replace them..

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If the landing gear is still firmly attached to the plane, I'd leave that part alone and just bend the gear forward. You can use two needle nose pliers, one to grab the wire near the plane, and the other to bend the gear forward. That way you won't put too much strain where the gear attaches to plane. All this is assuming you have wire gear, rather than flat aluminum.

Hope this helps.
Beachcomber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for the reply. They are wire gwar bit You fail to understand the issue. Everytime i land the gear is bending backwards and it takes next to no force for me to bend them back to where the should be. They are pretty much shot. if i land in extremly short grass or on the pavment they dont brnd much but that is not always a option.

I am sure the will continue to weaken more and will need replaced soon

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just for the record that is an issue with the 48" 540 too. For that reason instead of glue I hold the wedge in with wood screws instead of glue so it can be changed out easily.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for that info. Sounds like a good idea

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Old 05-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I opted not to use the optional landing gear on my foamy. I think that I saw somewhere on the TH website that they are ok for indoor flying, but not good on grass runways. I simply do a very low, slow approach and as it approaches a stall I shut down the motor. The grass really makes for a soft landing. Today when flying at my son's school (dirt field) I simply did a slow approach into the wind and directly at me. Caught it as I shut down the motor. (Although I did have a couple of unplanned landings due to low passes and high wind! Still nothing was damaged even without any gear.)

If the landing gear is being a PITA it may be simpler to remove it altogether.

EDIT: Ok, I just watched the video of you flying your 330. (Nice flight BTW) I thought you were flying one of the electrifly models. The plane in the video is not what I was expecting. I don't suppose you're going to be catching that anytime soon! This is what I was talking about...

http://www.twistedhobbys.com/TH-32-E...dge-540-GH.htm

And yours looks like it handles the wind a little better than mine. Mine was all over the place in the high wind today!

What about modifying your landing gear? Adding some kind of brace to the front of the plane, or exchanging it for something like this:

http://www.snhobbies.com/product_inf...d53e225568278e
Old 05-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thanks for the info, i am not sure i can swap it out for what you have in the link with out some modification even than i am not sure it would work since the plane is foam..

if i would not have crashed and beat the landing gear to a pulp they would be ok. i think the landing gear took most of the impact...

i also want the twisted hobby's edge like you have, those look like so much fun plus i could fly that just about anywhere. i will probably pick on of those up eventually and i dont plan to put landing gear on it..

thanks for saying my flight was nice. i am about to put up another video..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in