Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q

4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Walkera 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #301 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
The day will come that Walkera puts HH giro on their micro helis, but it's not here yet...
The new 4G6 and 4#6 both have a HH gyro. The days of wandering tails are long gone with these new helis... Walkera's new line up is the CB100 for "easy indoor flight", the 4#6 for "quality FP indoor flight", and the 4G6 for "quality CP indoor flight".
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #302 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Joblin View Post
The new 4G6 and 4#6 both have a HH gyro. The days of wandering tails are long gone with these new helis... Walkera's new line up is the CB100 for "easy indoor flight", the 4#6 for "quality FP indoor flight", and the 4G6 for "quality CP indoor flight".
You see? It's not that difficult to be a prophet after all, especially after the fact...
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #303 (permalink)
Registered Users

Many thx!
hiwattheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2010, 09:23 AM   #304 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bell-Hiller in 30 seconds!!

Well not exactly, but this mod gets your 4#3b responding to control inputs as fast as the Bell-Hiller head. I call it, the Timewerx-Hiller head

But as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for". It's not as precise as a true Bell-Hiller head. The only advantage is any weight or drag added to the system is negligible! And if you're fast at tying knots, you can do the mod in under 30 seconds

One thing that would pose a challenge to this mode is getting the right tightness. Think of the tightness as the 'Bell-Hiller mixing ratio' or something like that. Tighter gives more Bell Ratio, better response time, faster cyclic rates, but your 4#3b might demonstrate gyroscopic precession effect. Lose gives more Hiller ratio, more docile and will be easier to handle.

Okay, here's the problem if you set it too tight - you will get incredibly sensitive cyclic... and... if you try to give elevator inputs, you will also get a bonus roll of the same intensity, conversely with aileron inputs too! How's that to test your piloting skills!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1725.jpg
Views:	1176
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	140391  

timewerx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #305 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
You see? It's not that difficult to be a prophet after all, especially after the fact...
I don't get what you are trying to say here???

Cheers, OD.

If you make a mistake and learn from it, that's progress

2 x Nano heli's - now passed on to Megan, HoneyBee V1.....Awaiting test flight, T-Rex 250 V1, Hitec 5084MG tail servo, DX6i, Walkera 4#3A (it's in fairly good hands Bugster).
oliverdots is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #306 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewerx View Post
Well not exactly, but this mod gets your 4#3b responding to control inputs as fast as the Bell-Hiller head. I call it, the Timewerx-Hiller head

But as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for". It's not as precise as a true Bell-Hiller head. The only advantage is any weight or drag added to the system is negligible! And if you're fast at tying knots, you can do the mod in under 30 seconds

One thing that would pose a challenge to this mode is getting the right tightness. Think of the tightness as the 'Bell-Hiller mixing ratio' or something like that. Tighter gives more Bell Ratio, better response time, faster cyclic rates, but your 4#3b might demonstrate gyroscopic precession effect. Lose gives more Hiller ratio, more docile and will be easier to handle.

Okay, here's the problem if you set it too tight - you will get incredibly sensitive cyclic... and... if you try to give elevator inputs, you will also get a bonus roll of the same intensity, conversely with aileron inputs too! How's that to test your piloting skills!

got any videos of how this flys?
- 2 * Trex 250 Pro (GP 750)
- Walkera CB100/4#3a/4#3b/4#3b DB/5G6
davidz58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #307 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll try soon(got to get used to the new handling first), I did other mods in addition to get as much cyclic rates as possible, it's insane and almost flipped it! Too bad it's just FP

Old 02-26-2010, 09:01 PM   #308 (permalink)
Registered Users

LL-Cool-T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #309 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is an interesting mod to add tail supports... kind of gives the 4#3 a "proper" look!

It bolts on using the existing battery holder mounting screws. It uses two 30mm lengths of 1mm carbon rod and one small brass nut and bolt. The Rod fixings and boom shackle are made from 0.016" aluminium sheet.

This mod completely removed tail wag.

Do u have a photo of the modification and where do I purchase it?
LL-Cool-T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010, 11:39 PM   #310 (permalink)

X-Plane runs on

Mac OS X, Windows, Linux
TowPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2010, 06:15 AM   #311 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidz58 View Post
got any videos of how this flys?
I just did, pls check the 4#3b threads!

Old 03-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #312 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default walkera 4#3 problem

Hi everyone,
I am trying to get this little beast in the air again. It won't lift up one inch from the ground . It has brushless main motor installed. It is all metal head and swash but linkages are pretty loose. I would like any advice how to get it back in the air!!!
AceTheAxe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #313 (permalink)
Registered Users

These batteries age pretty quickly. Have you tried a new one?
Besen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #314 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTheAxe View Post
Hi everyone,
I am trying to get this little beast in the air again. It won't lift up one inch from the ground . It has brushless main motor installed. It is all metal head and swash but linkages are pretty loose. I would like any advice how to get it back in the air!!!
Loose linkages are normal and shouldn't affect it being able to leave the ground. If the lipo checks out, check the gear mesh which needs to be loose - looser than on bigger helis, just tight enough so the teeth don't have any chance of skipping.

Are you plugging the lipo into the esc and not the 4in 1 ok?

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #315 (permalink)
Registered Users

What motor did you put in it? There's a chance the pinion is slipping. This is going to sound silly, but is the spur gear pinned to the shaft?

that's what I can think of, beyond what has already been suggested. A known, good, fresh batt would be a good start. How are the wires/connectors? Any corrosion in the batt connection?

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in