Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default New convert, but what happened?

Ok, now I know the Beast has nothing to do with your collective, but here is my question.

When we set it up on my 550 we programed it to 13.5 deg collective just as it was with my Flybar head. The funny thing is now my heli does not have the collective snap and pop it had before. It works ok, but just seems to be lacking that hard hitting pop it had.

The only thing I can think of is that when I converted over to the Beast from FB, I had to move the servo to swash balls to the inner hole on the servo horn as pr the manual. this to me seems that it would decrease the travel ratio. So, I'm wondering that in order to get the same pop that I'd need to go up to say 14 or 14.5 pitch?

Now I don't fly around at full collectives normally and I don't want to bog anything down, but I've noted in the past that if you run your pitches higher, the heli pops faster as the servo needs to travel from point A to point B at one speed, but if you now have to go from Point A to Point C the servo must travel faster to keep in line with your stick movements.

I hope I'm making sence of this. I've also talked to another Beast guy and he noted the same thing, but also saying that the beast has nothing to do with your collective.

Same settings as I had with FB, Pitch curves, HS, everything. Only went to FBL.

Ideas?
nwcudaman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Change parameter setting from sport to pro, I had similar problem but once I changed it to pro, it felt 10x better, just an idea
lazsyss350 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yes the beast has nothing to do with collective, meaning it is not actively managed by the control loop. that being said some say that collective feels soft around center. one thing you can do is adjust your pitch curve to more of an S curve so that pitch is introduced more rapidly around center stick
nexgen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

i had the same problem, i went from extreme mode to transmitter mode and made my atv in aiel and elev 105 and put in a s curve, plenty of smack now!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexgen View Post
one thing you can do is adjust your pitch curve to more of an S curve so that pitch is introduced more rapidly around center stick
This is the best Idea. set the max pitch to whatever your system requires (in your case the 13.5* you want) then adjust the pitch curve to bring the pitch on sooner (like -ve expo for pitch) some playing here should give the performance you want.

I suspect the change is due to the movement of the servo balls inwards, this reduces the speed at which the servos can change pitch (the linear velocity of the ball is lower the closer to the hub) and could be noticeable. Faster or more powerful servos may help here as, FBL increases load on servos, which will also slow them down.
desertstalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default Good idea I'd like to try

Ok, Mine is set to transmitter mode and I'm running my Ale and Ele at 110 by the end of the day. It felt pretty good. Not insane roll and flip, but agile enough.

As to the S curve for pitch. Can someone post some numbers on an S curve? I've never ran anything other than a normal 0 25 50 75 100.

I put in a good 8 flights yesterday and other than the slight loss of pop it had, I"ve got it feeling pretty good. In idle 2 at 100 throttle curve I've noted that it very slightly leans to the right, but I'm guessing thats a vib issue. So I've cinched it down a bit more and will figure that one out soon enough I'm sure.

All and all it's feeling pretty good as I fine tune the expos. Never used them either other than on a 250! So far, so good with FBL.

Running Scorp 4025-1100, with a 17T Pinion CC 100, BEC Pro, 5000 40C packs,

Throttle curve is flat line 85 in one, and 100 in Idle up 2. still hangin on to the 520MM blades with 90's on the tail.

Thank you all for posting too!

Dana
nwcudaman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

for an S type curve you woudl just change the two numbers either side of mid stick to suit

like this:

0 20 50 80 100

or however bent you want that curve to be. The more you change those numbers, the more rapidly the pitch will come on around mid stick,.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Even if the ball link is closer to the servo arm center, the pitch feeling will always still be the same, in short, your full stick travel on your TX will alway equal 0° to 12°.

Here, this is the microbeast wich make that feeling, this is the same for me, I had another flybarless system and when I switched to the microbeast, this is the first thing I noticed, the pitch feel slugish compared to what it was before.

I make my pitch curve in S shape like suggested in this post.

I also noticed when you set your pitch in the microbeast, then you exit the prog menu, the pitch become a little lower than what you have previously set.
martin_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Could you not just ajust the pitch atvs/endpoints?
rotorhead 450 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

you could but that wouldnt change the center feel
Old 08-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Try increasing direct cyclic feed forward (dial 2)
Weule is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in