Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 05:25 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys, bit of a newbie here. I get the idea that I should stick with plastic parts and not upgrade to aluminium because they are not worth the cost, and will just transfer the break point to the next part in line; however, if I go with a aluminium swash plate am I likely to risk breaking something else (because the swash plate is aluminium) in the next crash as a result?
Mick. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2011, 09:14 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick. View Post
Hey guys, bit of a newbie here. I get the idea that I should stick with plastic parts and not upgrade to aluminium because they are not worth the cost, and will just transfer the break point to the next part in line; however, if I go with a aluminium swash plate am I likely to risk breaking something else (because the swash plate is aluminium) in the next crash as a result?
Not likely, the swash slides on the main and pivots, all the head stuff is more prone to breakage.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:30 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks DKS_ONE,

I sort of figured that would be the case, I will upgrade to aluminium to eliminate the swash plate separation issue.
Mick. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had the sash on mine separate even after being glued, as i'm still a noob at flying heli's and only got her off the deck about 6" when it went nose down and tried to go at mack 2 forward. Lucky i was flying in a field with long grass and a ply landing board so no real damage, i dread to think what would have happened if it was in a hover and just went straight up. the replacement has the edges melted over with a soldering iron.

Jase
Jase is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone got instructions for the solder portion? Photos maybe? I'm not sure where you guys are making the brief soldering iron "touches".
Blackhawk Crew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Solder Iron and Glue to fix SR's Swash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk Crew View Post
Anyone got instructions for the solder portion? Photos maybe? I'm not sure where you guys are making the brief soldering iron "touches".

Don't have pics, but, basically there is a tiny bit of material, from the inner swash, I'll call it a plastic flange, exposed on the under side. That little bit of material sticks out of the bearing. You can heat it up with a soldering iron to help keep the inner swash from pulling out of the bearing. That alone didn't help mine, but, gluing it did. I've got 418 flights on my original swash since I glued it. The aluminium replacement is still in my parts box, I'll use it if I ever need to replace the swash. Be careful when gluing so you don't seize up the bearing with glue, I used a very thin film of superglue, it's working better than new. I guess I'd have a new swash handy, incase you mess up the gluing and/or solder iron tricks, but, don't fly again till you get that swash fixed, my first swash plate seperation cost me a whole lot more time and parts money than the glue fix or upgrade did. Best of luck.......
Old 12-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had the same problem ,bought one of the first ones out . Luckily mine seperated at the altitude of six inches as i was lifting off first flight ordered a new one and waited 3mo for it while factory rep said they didnt have a problem . In desperation i ca it back together,and it still works fine, second one still in pack.
depup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am so glad that I found this forum. Been reading for a week and came across this thread yesterday. Today I picked up my new SR and a metal swash plate. I sure do not need to crash and burn because of a mechanical failure. Again, thanks all who have posted info to help the rest of use who are newbies and some that been around other helis.
HopSkipFlop is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

[delete]
Old 01-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Flight 13 We have separation

On my 13th flight my bird went psycho on me. Stuck to the ground on lift off and if I over powered it to get off the ground and fly it was all over the place. Sure enough the swash had a split personality and lost it's mind. ( Thought it was me for a few ) Took the head off and popped the swash out and glued it up carefully. It's an easy fix and I suggest all SR owners do this if they do not have the newer flared swash design. I am not going to worry about going with an aluminum replacement at my skill level . I think the plastic is just fine for crashing with and that is precisely what I am prepared for. I may upgrade the swash down the road when I am better but for now I have some crashing to do. My SR flies like new again and once again the smile is on my face.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #51 (permalink)

Just glued mine because of this thread. My original swash has at least fifty flights on it and 4 or 5 crashes too, so im pretty surprised i haven't had mine separate in flight yet.
BeefKopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Glued Swash for 2012?

Is this still an issue, i notice the sticky is from 2010, so just wondering has anyone lately had this happen, or has the issue been fixed at the factory?
LeatherHelmet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherHelmet View Post
Is this still an issue, i notice the sticky is from 2010, so just wondering has anyone lately had this happen, or has the issue been fixed at the factory?
Hi,
The issue has not been fixed. I have been teaching some people how to fly their SR's and they have all had the swash separation problem. They have been replaced with the Micro Heli CNC Swash.
2 Bld SR's 1 w/ MH Upgrades, 1 Nite Fly, MCPx V2 Walkera V100D08 rtf Composite-Arf 2.3m Extra 330l w/ DA85 H9 Tango w/ O.S. 55AX, Top Flite Flite Streak and Nobler Control Line, Fly Zone DR1 RTF. new owner of a DX8
R_C Addict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs down DING-BAT DESIGNERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_C Addict View Post
Hi,
The issue has not been fixed. I have been teaching some people how to fly their SR's and they have all had the swash separation problem. They have been replaced with the Micro Heli CNC Swash.
I am totally disgusted with Horizon Hobby by now. After living through four (4) of the MSR pieces of junk, I was sure that Horizon would NEVER AGAIN market a swashplate like that...

"JUST CLAMP EVERYTHING BACK TOGETHER AFTER EACH FLIGHT AND YOU WILL BE FINE YOU STUPID CUSTOMERS--WE HAVE EVEN INCLUDED A LITTLE PIECE OF RED PLASTIC TO AID YOU IN YOUR 'FIELD REPAIRS' TO THIS LITTLE JUNKER--DO NOT WHINE--JUST FEEL LUCKY--WE COULD HAVE SENT THE BOX WITHOUT THE LITTLE PLASTIC PIECE."

So...what happens down the road? Well--the BLADE SR, OF COURSE--DESIGNED AND MANUFACTURED TO FLY APART RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.

I am so dam disgusted, and in shocked disbelief, I feel like biting the wall. I bought two of the SR units--both used but in great condition. I would not try to fly either one of these birds without CNC swashplates--I have them installed now and I am still thinking about a brushless tail motor.

I wonder if there are any class actions being planned--how would that be?
STASHMO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by STASHMO View Post
I wonder if there are any class actions being planned--how would that be?
The correct question is how could that be? Horizon's legal team has written off liability of operation onto the consumer in it's instruction manual and on the box. You sue HH for liability of a part that hasn't caused any deaths or injuries during operation, you cannot prove your competency as a pilot since there is no certification for this hobby to state your case as an expert and if you hit HH you might as well hit up Align, MH, and so on down the road for any other issues that could be blamed on pilot error. Did I mention that since the swashplate is replaced with an upgrade in our minds, that voids any responsibility for warranty by HH unless there is an upgrade that they sell? The product as designed is how all the warranty and liability legalese is written. I'm no attorney but in my opinion, if HH gets hit others will too and you might as well kiss the low cost of operation of any R/C heli as you see it now and most likely any of our R/C hobbies!

Maybe I should ask, is there an AMA number you have? That is valid for approved fields only. Your liability is yours if you take your R/C plane off of an approved field which means that the AMA insurance you carry is void unless the flight area is approved. No matter what damages occur while you are operating the model aircraft, the liability still falls on you, not anyone else.

My point is in all this ridiculous stuff above is that this is a hobby and you need take personal responsibility for your own actions since you probably have crashed your choppers before and since you bought an unknown modified used SR or two, there is nothing you can do to go after a hobby manufacturer on items that are outside of their control.

If you don't like what you got, use your feet to go get something else and sell off your current stuff for parts to someone else that might be able to use it. No offense meant but why don't you try a different heli?

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in