Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2015, 09:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Canopy security.

My 630c has the quick release canopy parts from SAB.

I feel like they are a real PITA compared to the RC booya version on my trex 500

Anyone try rc booya on their goblin? I'm not sure I trust the SAB ones for some reason

Thanks for the input.

-Markus.
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2015, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The OEM SAB quick - release pins actually work well, the problem is you have to get the canopy to fit correctly first so that the holes line up, and then *slightly* open the holes up so the quick-release pins can float a little. Once you do this, you can pop the canopy on quickly and safely.

The other trick is to realize that the center pin must be depressed for insertion, then it will only pop back out - as it needs to - when it's properly latched. If you haven't done the items I mentioned above, you can have a false sense of canopy security with the button(s) still depressed, and it will pop loose inflight.

That being said, I've only seen RC Booya mounts on a Trex, and they were very nice.

Several guys here swear by the SHS mounts for Goblins, but I've never personally seen a set.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relisys190 View Post
My 630c has the quick release canopy parts from SAB.

I feel like they are a real PITA compared to the RC booya version on my trex 500
Bought the SAB quick release canopy parts as upgrade for my G630 but they never worked for me.

I went with the SHS mounts and Tenax. Works perfect for me.

Best regards
Simon
Simsel81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2015, 07:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default re

just installed the RC Booya canopy mounts on my 630 today. they fit good and lock into place the first time and they don't pop out. The stock mounts suck, even after I fit the canopy, they don't stay latched. I flew three times today and I spent more time trying screew with the stock mounts than actual flying. One of the balls feel out of the stock
mount today, so I replaced them. I was allways concerned they would pop out in flight and send the canopy flying into the rotor blades.
whittb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2015, 07:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

For the SAB quick release mounts its more the user than the mounts. It took me maybe 50 flights before I fully figured them out. As stated they need to be aligned during insertion with the center pin depressed. Push all the way in till it stops, while keeping a finger or two on the canopy so it doesn't pop back, take your finger off the center pin that is holding it down. I ALWAYS pull on the canopy after to make sure is locked, a tug on each side and your good to go.

Also for alignment make sure your battery leads are not in the way keeping the canopy from being easily seating back. On my G700 in fact I use a small piece of velcro to hook the leads back - keeps my canopy and wires out of the way of another for a secure fit. My g500, I push my leads to the one side of the frame and drag the past them to keep um down.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a bit of a hard time with the stock mounts at first myself. Then I added a drop or two of 3 in 1 oil to the balls on the canopy part of the mount and "voila", they work like a charm now. Give this a try before discarding them because that little bit of oil helped mine a lot !!
Gopher7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2015, 10:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher7 View Post
I had a bit of a hard time with the stock mounts at first myself. Then I added a drop or two of 3 in 1 oil to the balls on the canopy part of the mount and "voila", they work like a charm now. Give this a try before discarding them because that little bit of oil helped mine a lot !!
Bingo. I did the same with silicone spray and they work perfectly now.
I just hit them with a bit of silicone spay every now and then and they've been perfect.
seefest is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2015, 01:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is the key to almost all quick release issues. This is for the non-comp 700, with the Comp models you take as much as you need all the way across until the quick-release posts line up easily. Once installed, heating with a hair dryer for a moment and letting it cool also makes the canopy install much easier.

Image is here:
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...38&postcount=7
Old 07-09-2015, 07:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tenax quick release for SHS

I was having intermittent problems (love/hate) with these mounts on my Goblin 570 and then put a drop on TriFlo on each and looks like they will now work perfectly.
Cherokee69j is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in