Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate

Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Compass Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Why are used, in great condition, 6HVs not selling?

I know, I know, the 6HV Ultimate is on the way, but there are always new birds under development. With that said, there are quite a few great 6HVs for sale in the forum and they have been for a while. Thoughts?

Granted, I did get a couple "real" offers and I decided to wait. However, I also received quite a few "I will give you XYZ" offers that I accepted - and never heard back.

heli0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flying season is almost over .... and a new model is on the horizon ....
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Both are true, however, there's a lot of flying left to do in a large portion of the country...

Old 09-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been getting better prices on ebay when things don't move quickly (within 1 week) on HF.

I sold one of my 6hvs for break even not too long ago. But I bought it used. In my experience, there are 2 good selling months: early June and the 4 weeks following IRCHA.

Diviner Gregg

FPV Racing Channel . . . new episode every other Friday
Diviner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Unless parts supply/support dries up quickly on the original 6HV (which I hope it doesn't) I can't see a good reason interest is waning, other than hype and pre-release excitement on the "latest and greatest" Ultimate. I'm not saying the Ultimate won't have minor improvements but the original 6HV is a wonderful capable proven machine.

If I was in the market for a 600 I would snatch up one of these deals in an instant. I recently saw a 6HV with premium electronics, spares, three sets of Lipos, DX8, high end icharger and 24V Power supply for $1800!

GAUI X3 6S, Xnova 1860, HW 50A V3, MKS DS95, 8910A+, BeastX, Belted Tail.
isogloss3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heli0 View Post
Both are true, however, there's a lot of flying left to do in a large portion of the country...
That might be true, but many people are also saving for Christmas and Black Friday. Also, many folks are wrapping up projects around the yard / house which are eating into their flying time. Hunting season has started ... there's a LOT of things going on.

As a retailer, I can tell you that this is traditionally one of our slower months and it doesn't start picking up again until the end of October.

People are also saving up for winter projects / builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isogloss3d View Post
I'm not saying the Ultimate won't have minor improvements but the original 6HV is a wonderful capable proven machine.
Minor is an understatement ... first glance at the airframe might seem like there are only minor improvements, but an in depth look will reveal that the refresh is far more extensive, to the point where I'd offer that about 80% of the model has been redesigned.
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

At 80%, that is definitely a new model - sounds cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4

Old 09-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think it's also a price thing.. some people tend to over-value their airframes. I picked up a spare airframe with blades for $250 shipped.. thats almost $100 lower than the ones that sit there for a while ask for without blades.

Being a discontinued model, the price for used airframes will only go down.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am teetering on selling mine. My bird is in such pristine condition. Vbar, JR8717's, JR8900, RJX tail...Since I wound up buying new goods for my new project, this one only needs an ESC to be complete. I could use it to learn how to run the Vbar governor and compare it with Jive. Maybe just add a HobbyWing 70HV and hook it up with Vbar. It is such a great bird. I hate to gut it. Only thing I'd really like to get for it if I do sell it is a nitro. Would still love to own a clean 3D Plus.

Hey Jeff- where did your bud's 3D Plus go?
Old 09-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
):>

My HF Map location

Good question I've had mine up for 2 weeks now. And not even a bite. Sucks too only reason is up for sale is financial.
AMA#925546 IRCHA#3937

Team A main,Team Xpert
jt45255 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

i may be looking for a few airframes in a few months if any one selling still by they doesnt mind parting them out
AMA#948801
Elios000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt45255 View Post
Good question I've had mine up for 2 weeks now. And not even a bite. Sucks too only reason is up for sale is financial.
It's been tempting too! I'm even close enough to not have to ship it. I've been trying to save money lately myself for my daughter's college tuition for the next semester. I would only want another one for a night flyer, and yeah I saw you already have a canopy setup. I'll keep biting my tounge though.
Tasteles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
):>

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteles View Post
It's been tempting too! I'm even close enough to not have to ship it. I've been trying to save money lately myself for my daughter's college tuition for the next semester. I would only want another one for a night flyer, and yeah I saw you already have a canopy setup. I'll keep biting my tounge though.
Do it buy me !!! Lol
AMA#925546 IRCHA#3937

Team A main,Team Xpert
jt45255 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
I am teetering on selling mine. My bird is in such pristine condition. Vbar, JR8717's, JR8900, RJX tail...Since I wound up buying new goods for my new project, this one only needs an ESC to be complete. I could use it to learn how to run the Vbar governor and compare it with Jive. Maybe just add a HobbyWing 70HV and hook it up with Vbar. It is such a great bird. I hate to gut it. Only thing I'd really like to get for it if I do sell it is a nitro. Would still love to own a clean 3D Plus.

Hey Jeff- where did your bud's 3D Plus go?
I'm running the Vbar governor with my stock HW esc and it's not hard at all to setup. All you need is the HW Phase sensor and setup on the governor pages in the Vbar software. Not hard at all if you spend a few minutes watching MrMel's setup video on it.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt45255 View Post
Do it buy me !!! Lol
LOL, still trying to hold out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry227 View Post
I'm running the Vbar governor with my stock HW esc and it's not hard at all to setup. All you need is the HW Phase sensor and setup on the governor pages in the Vbar software. Not hard at all if you spend a few minutes watching MrMel's setup video on it.
I've been running the same on an Ikon with governor and never had a problem setting it up, flys great! Using the same HW sensor and stock ESC, just takes a little tweaking and it's set.
Tasteles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2013, 12:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Why are used, in great condition, 6HVs not selling?

Here in Brazil I usually see used 6HV frames for sale, but I've never seen a complete heli for sale.

Maybe the 6HV is not that easy to resell, at least here. So the owners strip the electronics to resell them at a smaller loss, or reuse them in other projects.

My 6HV was bought as a used frame w/ motor/ESC/blades/canopy, all the rest I bought separately.

When I was preparing to get my 7HV, one option I considered was to strip the servos/FBL/RX/BEC from the 6HV and sell the rest for cheap. In the end I kept it, though.

Cheers!

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

Not flying anything - model or full - since 2017!
ARM_Coder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry227 View Post

Noted. Thanks, Larry.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

yea the vbar gov is pretty easy to get working you just need the hobbywing sensor which is cheap
AMA#948801
Elios000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey guys, if you want to help out a guy I could use a mechanics only 6HV.

My current 6HV took a bit of a dirt nap....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in