Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > 180QX

180QX Blade 180QX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Charging the Battery in the Camera

I just learned something about the camera that I'll share.

If you plug the camera into your computer's USB port and both lights slowly blink together (red + blue = purple?) then I don't believe your USB port doesn't have enough power to charge the battery. You may still use the computer to access the memory card this way, but I don't think the battery is charging.

EDIT: I've read other speculation that the blinking lights may simply mean that the camera is in a mode for read/write access from a computer to the memory card. Nonetheless, it sounds like it's not charging while the light is blinking.

I had to use a USB phone charger plug to get the camera to charge in accordance with the manual. (Red light solid = charging, blue light solid = done)

It charged pretty fast out of the box, so it must have had some charge on it from the factory.

When I plugged the camera into the computer for the first time, Windows 7 insisted on scanning it for errors and possibly repairing any problems. I let it do that, and it didn't find any problems. It was fine from then on.

Last edited by flightengr; 11-30-2013 at 06:33 PM..
flightengr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support

I have been using my phone charger to charge the cam i haven't had any issue out it. when i plugged my into my laptop (window 7) it done the same thing but when i plugged it back in it didnt show it again.

Be Blessed
Isaac
tntburnett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The camera does charge when hooked to a USB on your computer. And should take about 30 to 40 minutes to charge. The camera has a 150mah lipo and an internal charge circuit that stops charging when the battery is full. When the camera is connected to a computer both LEDs flash showing that it is “talking” to the computer.

sean
turtle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got mine and hovered two batts. It's great. My camera servo lead came not attached to the main board, so I have a question about which way to orient the lead on the board. I don't see a Yellow, red, brown indicator.

Thanks,

G.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got it. Edsal's video tells the story. The negative pin is toward the back of the board.

G.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Camera would not charge for me from from iPhone 5s charger, but charged fine from another phone charger I have...strange
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support

Default Re: Charging the Battery in the Camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyji View Post
Just got mine and hovered two batts. It's great. My camera servo lead came not attached to the main board, so I have a question about which way to orient the lead on the board. I don't see a Yellow, red, brown indicator.

Thanks,

G.
The board is marked - by one pin and the signal sign on the other pin.

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1386130702199.jpg (155.5 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1386130783090.jpg (164.1 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1386130855201.jpg (165.4 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1386130941191.jpg (99.4 KB, 212 views)
tntburnett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2013, 06:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Isaac. I found the markings. Now I can't seem to get the camera to show "charged" with the solid blue LED. It's been on several different chargers for more than several hours total, and it's still Red. Got it on my phone charger now. We'll see how that goes. It is working just fine, just won't show "charged".

Thanks,

G.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to revive an old thread, but you guys seem to know about this camera. I can't get mine to work. I took it out of the box and plugged it into my computer and the blue light went on. No red, no flashing etc. I unplugged it from the camera and the solid blue light has been on for 5 hours. I pressed all the buttons for varying lengths of time. No change. Can't turn it off. Can't take a picture. And now my computer won't recognize it. Tried another cable. tried several computers with different operating systems. Still no luck. Any ideas? Or, should I just return it? I must have gotten the only defective one. Thanks for any help.
bbells is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine worked for a little while, then I get the blue light saying its charged when its not.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default wont charge

Mine won't take a charge. Red light comes on for a few seconds then blue indacating it is charged. Then when I activate the camera it runs for a few seconds flashes red then shuts off like it's dead. Call HH, they sent me a new one and it does the same thing. I'm very frustrated. I've tried to charge from my computer and from three differnt cell phone chargers. None work.
skullbiker4life is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2014, 08:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

Thanks Flightengr your advice in your post solved my camera problems. It works fine now.Thanks again
sgtlt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

HH is sending me a third camera. Seems they have a bad batch of boards. Once the new batch goes through QC, they are sending me one of those. I don't have much faith it will work either. Third strike and HH is out! What a total wast of money.
skullbiker4life is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2014, 07:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys I know this is a old post but I am trying to figure the lights out. When I plugged it in to my macbook and ejected it the blue and red lights are on but not flashing. What does that mean?
Wicked!! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2014, 10:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lights

Horizon told me that the lights are erratic when charging using your PC and that you should try to charge with a wall plug. So I use a cell phone charger and the lights work as they should. Solid red until charged.
MB604 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2014, 10:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok guys. Did some experiments. Tried on both the 720 and 721 cameras.

Take the SD card out. Using the supplied short cable, plug one end into either camera and then plug the other end into the USB port. I got a solid red then solid blue and then a solid red light. Stayed on red for about 15 minutes and then turned solid blue. Try this on yours and let me know the results, please.

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
Ok guys. Did some experiments. Tried on both the 720 and 721 cameras.

Take the SD card out. Using the supplied short cable, plug one end into either camera and then plug the other end into the USB port. I got a solid red then solid blue and then a solid red light. Stayed on red for about 15 minutes and then turned solid blue. Try this on yours and let me know the results, please.
Mine just stays RED . What am I doing wrong. Can't get this to charge.
Columbus Quad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now that mine is showing blue (charged supposedly) how do I turn it off? Power button does nothing and blue light stays on.
wbpo5l is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2014, 03:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbpo5l View Post
Now that mine is showing blue (charged supposedly) how do I turn it off? Power button does nothing and blue light stays on.
There is a reset button inside the hole behind the power button, stick something in there to reset it.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Quad View Post
Mine just stays RED . What am I doing wrong. Can't get this to charge.
So does mine I should have saved my money.

Last edited by davethepitch; 08-28-2014 at 02:28 AM..
davethepitch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in