Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos

Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Compass Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 05:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blades for the Beast

What blades are you blades are you favoring for this model? We have many more owners out there now than the last time this topic was discussed. Please share why you like or dislike what you're flying. I still have the Mavrikk G5 Pro Wide Chord FBL 690's. They are respectable blades.

I know R1Sportbike is running the Rail 696 FBL and 106 tails. These are scarce as hen's teeth right now. I'd have already ordered a set if available anywhere.

I'd like to hear more about the Compass 700's.

What else is being flown?
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 05:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using Edge 693's. I have 713's but I haven't used them, yet.

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 06:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im still using the stock blades and I like them. I have a brand new 690 spin blades but I have not tried them yet.
chucky21022002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 06:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rail 696's are my favorite mains. I have the Rail 106's on one and the Radix 110's on the other 7HV. The 110's feel a little stronger at 1800 headspeed. Both are great at 2000 and 2200.

I am a perfectionist with blade balancing (use Koll Rotor Pro and precision scales) and am really impressed with the QC on the Rail blades.The last 2 sets of 696 and 106 blades I purchased were matched perfectly. They weighed within .1 (grams for mains , grains for tail) of eachother and had precisely matched CG's. Every other set of of my Align, Radix and Edge main/tail blades have required some tape to be perfect.

Also, the Rails endured a bird strike a few weeks ago nicely. Think it was a starling... was.
It was just there, and then it was gone. I was playing with 2300 headspeed that day and was moving pretty fast. I thought I was mistaken about the bird until I was cleaning up the blades later. Messy.

Jay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0073.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	308460   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0072.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	308461  
jmackey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The guys I fly with have been having good results with the edge 693 fbl blades. I will be running the edge 713s myself as I prefer a longer blade at a lower head speed.
Mr Nice Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Not to hijack the thread but.....

This may be blasphemy around here, but surely others feel the same as myself when it comes to the price of blades for a 700.
Has anyone ever had the nerve to try the 700mm CF blades from......HOBBY KING...gasp?? I mean, they're $39 a pair, and there are a few favourable reviews on them. I was just thinking about it this morning while getting ready for work, what blades I am going to get, and I remembered those. I most likely will start off with the Compass blades and branch out afterwards. I've used nothing but Hobby Kings CF blades on my 450 beater and they've actually held up really well. They def crash better than the Align blades lol.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idCategory=554
Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can be the first one to do a comparison with the compass blades, it may or may not be a bad idea

As for me, I trashed my original G5's from my kit in an annoying tip over when flicked TH off as my throttle was just below slow start initialisation for my ESC. Freaking sucks to watch your heli kick instantly into 50% power and tip over, destroying both the main and tail blades and the boom. I bloody hate that the soft start only kicks in at 50% on my ESC

I might replace the tails with KBBD 104 EE's again, get the Rail 106's or get the new compass tail blades if they get released soon.

For the main's I'd like to try the Rail's, but I doubt any will be in stock, so I'll just get Edge 693 FBL.

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Formerly BarnStormer

Rail 696's in stock here

http://fblrotors.3dcartstores.com/Ra...Pbrb_p_17.html
Old 04-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome, I'll snap me up a set now!

edit, okay got me a set. But Paypal wasn't playing nice, and the order shows up as unpaid. Anyone else have this issue?

Old 04-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVUSHELI View Post
This may be blasphemy around here, but surely others feel the same as myself when it comes to the price of blades for a 700.
Has anyone ever had the nerve to try the 700mm CF blades from......HOBBY KING...gasp?? I mean, they're $39 a pair, and there are a few favourable reviews on them. I was just thinking about it this morning while getting ready for work, what blades I am going to get, and I remembered those. I most likely will start off with the Compass blades and branch out afterwards. I've used nothing but Hobby Kings CF blades on my 450 beater and they've actually held up really well. They def crash better than the Align blades lol.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idCategory=554
I fly those when I am testing and tend to keep them on afterwards. Mavriks are better, but not 3 times better. Honestly I often forget to change them out since they fly nice. I have tried all the HK blades for the 600 and 700 blades and the linked blades ($43 currently) are the best of them all. I will order more. I am jinxed when it comes to blades. Whenever I put the good set on something bad seems to happen, so I tend to fly with "value" blades a lot. Shipping can add up due to the box size, so its best to gang up the order. I also use hk CF tail blades exclusively.
Diviner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is what I'm talking about. Using these for testing and tuning. I'd be PISSED to have $120 blades on my heli and have something as simple as a tip over demolish them Same thing happens with my 450. As soon as I put the Align blades on, something always goes wrong. I put the HK blades back on and the thing hasn't hit the ground since lol! Maybe clones despise name brand blades. My 500 seems to love being converted into a Trex. Maybe I'll try them, we'll see. I'm a KBDD die hard fan for tail blades. They just work!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diviner View Post
I fly those when I am testing and tend to keep them on afterwards. Mavriks are better, but not 3 times better. Honestly I often forget to change them out since they fly nice. I have tried all the HK blades for the 600 and 700 blades and the linked blades ($43 currently) are the best of them all. I will order more. I am jinxed when it comes to blades. Whenever I put the good set on something bad seems to happen, so I tend to fly with "value" blades a lot. Shipping can add up due to the box size, so its best to gang up the order. I also use hk CF tail blades exclusively.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixmaster Pilot View Post
Awesome, I'll snap me up a set now!

edit, okay got me a set. But Paypal wasn't playing nice, and the order shows up as unpaid. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks to Barnstormer! I just ordered. It was a little weird going through PayPal, but it went.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Formerly BarnStormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
Thanks to Barnstormer! I just ordered. It was a little weird going through PayPal, but it went.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnStormer View Post
Only 1 set left in stock now, if someone wants it they better hurry!

Old 04-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I tend to go back to the 700mm compass blades every time, the up with this blade is its kind around center but bites hard When you pull the stiks. This means it's easier to find center when you fly and the blades are still quick.
myrseth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

You guys will enjoy the Rail 696 blades. They are very well balanced in flight characteristics and they are very efficient. The only blade I have found that compares are the radix V2 blades. I have tried them all.
Thunderpower Batteries
r1sportbike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 05:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

That sounds good. I wish I had a bunch of blades to try. Compass, Radix, Rails, etc. I have sure liked my Compass blades on the 6HV. But I've had the itch to fly the Rails on my 7HV since they were released.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I love my Rail 696's they are the best blades I have ever flown on a FBL heli as fas as FB goes V-Blades are my favorite I wish I could find an old set of V-Blades 680mm or 700mm TST for an old FB T-Rex 700n I would buy them in a second.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gary Wright is flying a set of the new fbl v blades on his G4 raptor. He seems very happy with them.

Last edited by Mr Nice Guy; 04-18-2012 at 06:48 AM..
Mr Nice Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

www.experiencerc.com

They have the new V Blades in stock. They were selling them at the Toledo show.
Thunderpower Batteries
r1sportbike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in