Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Esmart

Esmart E-Sky Esmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hey, where is everybody?

Just wondering.

Donnie D
Donnie D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2009, 07:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Where Is Everyone

Yeah...I was wondering the same thing. It appears that I've arrived at the ball when everyone was leaving...a day late and a dollar short...

I just finished My E-Smart and am taking it out in a few minutes, hopefully it looks as good after as it does now...HA!
anschuter2013 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2009, 08:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Keep me posted.

Donnie D
Old 04-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default All metal!!

Hey Guys, I'm here... Been spending time with Nuttcaze...
I'm just finnishing up the all metal smartie thats going for sale!! I robbed some parts off my C.F. Pro for it so I'll be ordering replacements from Helidrect soon. Its time to fly this thing.. Been learning on the HBK2 and I think I'm ready to see how this bad boy flys!!!!
E-Smart CF Pro, Full Metal E Smart, Outrage 550
G-Smart. Pegusas
Fatdaddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2009, 11:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default ALL METAL

That's what mine is too .

I didn't get a chance to fly it today because the wind was 15 MPH here...a touch too much for first time out.

Here it is...

Old 04-12-2009, 11:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default ALL METAL

Is it just the airframe?
Is it used...did you fly it?
What are you looking to get for it?
Old 04-13-2009, 06:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anyone got any new info about the ES600? I'm new to this heli, and in the process of building mine. I'm going to order a Dx6i radio this week and will be accumulating the other electronics over the next few weeks. I'm really looking forward to flying it, but I'm a little worried about parts availability. I was looking at the sites last night and couldn't find a main gear anywhere. I don't need parts now, but I know I will sooner or later. What's the latest?

Donnie D

By the way, that's a great looking helicopter!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Been out looking for parts for the E Smart. Mike
rcmiket is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've been waiting for my 5S 5000mAh pack to arrive from China. It's stuck in customs in San Francisco, along with my HK450s....

And for the winds to die down too. 10mph with 20mph gusts here in CT.

karen
"Tarbosaurus" HDX-450 SE v4 flown 96x crashed 7x 2221-8 v2; D202MGs; 2100T+DS290G belt cp 450 fl/cr 35:11x HK-450fl/cr 22:4 e-smart 600 fl/cr 13:1 Lama V4 fl 7 HK-T500 fl/cr 5:1 3026-1210; HS-225MGs DX6i Total flights: 171; crashes: 24 "Accident Free for 1 Flights!" --- www.tarbosaurus.org
nasukaren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Dx6i

I think a lot of people would suggest that if you are going to stay in the hobby, that you should cry now and get the Dx7 radio instead of the Dx6...it'll take you further. You could also consider the 2.4GHz Futaba 7C / R617FS...I got mine for $199.99 and I like it just fine. Hey, that kind of sounds like the old Mazda truck commercials...Futabas' got 'em for 199.99.....

I've been getting my parts from the usual places like HeliDirect and BPhobbies, I know...I know, they don't have main gears!

As far as the build goes, I am using 3 Hitec HS645MG for the Cyclic. They are very powerful and they have metal gears. The price was right too at $26 a pop. I went the standard route on the tail with a Futaba 401 / S9254...I don't like buying twice so there are some things I don't skimp on. I'm using the stock motor (11T Pinion) with an Align 75A ESC and a Castle Creations BEC. My Radio is a Futaba 7C / R617FS. The head is setup for +/-11 Degrees. Watch that the phasing pins do come out of bearing in Idle 1 and 2 at low stick! You will have to establish maximum pitch and adjust the phasing pin block down to just clear the washout.

The build went very straight forward, but I had a few stumbles along the way. Some issues I had were very obvious (hind sight is always 20/20) while others didn't show themselves without a little (OK,a lot) of thinking. I also had some help from fellow HF members as well.

1. The Main Blade Grips are installed with LEADING EDGE controls, NOT TRAILING EDGE. This can be seen in the manual very clearly, but alas, I had it wrong. Who reads instructions anyhow?.

2. The seesaw that is attached to the main blade grip has a long and a short side. The long side goes out. That is to say that the long side is linked to the flybar cage and the short side is linked to the swashplate.

3. This is a BIG ONE. The inner portion of the swashplate has Four locations to attach ball links. Two are SHORT and the remaining Two are LONG. MAKE SURE THAT THE FORCIFORM (that's what the instructions calls them) LINK IS ON THE LONG BALL ENDS. If you don't, they will pop off at full collective / full cyclic travel as they bind with the lower link coming off the flybar cage. Trust me...I did it during setup and it WILL POP THE LINK OFF EVERY TIME! Not Good. Thankfully, I found the error before I tried to fly.

4. This is a BIG ONE as well. Depending on your setup (servos and servo wheels / arms) as well as pitch range, the elevator servo travel can be limited by interfering with the servo case right behind it (better shown in pictures).

These issues may have been covered in the past, but this will prevent you from being the "Digginist Dog" or the proverbial "Sherlock Holmes" as it might be.

The ball links in some kits are TIGHT. My suggestion is to leave them tight, especially the large flybar link. If they are too loose and they pop off when you are trying to hover or fly...you'll be up paddle creek in a sh%t boat...or something like that. More than likely your heli will resemble that of a SALAD SHOOTER gone terribly wrong and it'll be all over but the crying...

Also...regarding the tail pitch slider. Measure .290" from flanged bearing to brass hex slider will get you in the ball park when setting up in RATE mode.

Last edited by anschuter2013; 04-20-2009 at 08:07 PM..
Old 04-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

It has been windy here in Cypress, but managed to have a couple of flights during weekends, since I usually arrive late during the week. Everyday I love more the A123. I have a 7s pack and charge it in around 20 min at the field. I just got a deep cycle battery to power my icharger 1010b+. Then I switch between my CopterX 450 (3S A123) and Esmart while they are charging!
Locitur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's more like it. At least we've got a little chatter going again. Can't learn anything from each other if we don't communicate.

Donnie D
Old 04-14-2009, 01:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How long does stuff take to clear customs from HobbyKing? Mine has been in customs since the 10th.........

Actually, it's been in San Francisco since the 6th.... argh. grumble grumble grumble.. I shoiuld've paid for EMS shipping....

Inbound Into Customs
Inbound International Arrival, April 10, 2009, 2:38 pm, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
Inbound International Arrival, April 06, 2009, 4:15 pm, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
Foreign International Dispatch, April 06, 2009, 1:44 pm, HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign Acceptance, April 03, 2009, 11:02 am, HONG KONG

My new 5000 mAh LiPo pack is in this bundle.... Which mean's I'll finally be free of the NiMH packs on my ES600 and can start flying this bird!

If the winds die down in CT that is.

Karen

"Tarbosaurus" HDX-450 SE v4 flown 96x crashed 7x 2221-8 v2; D202MGs; 2100T+DS290G belt cp 450 fl/cr 35:11x HK-450fl/cr 22:4 e-smart 600 fl/cr 13:1 Lama V4 fl 7 HK-T500 fl/cr 5:1 3026-1210; HS-225MGs DX6i Total flights: 171; crashes: 24 "Accident Free for 1 Flights!" --- www.tarbosaurus.org
Old 04-14-2009, 05:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only place I've ever ordered from in China is Deal Extreme, and I've never tracked the orders. It usually takes about a week to 10 days for the shipping itself. It usually takes about a week for them to ship after I place my order, so with them it takes about 2 to 3 weeks to receive your order.

Donnie D
Old 05-06-2009, 11:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just thought I'd say hi to everybody, the thread died off kinda
nuttcaze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2009, 05:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, it is a little slow.

Donnie D
Old 05-07-2009, 06:01 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Been playing with my a JR Vigor CS nad My 450V@.
Mike
rcmiket is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2009, 06:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm still here....all my helis are disassebled right now for maintainance and re-tuning. Getting ready for the season. I have been learning how to fly foamies indoors and 3D style in the mean time.
damyxz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2009, 06:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I burnt out half the electronics in my bird by accident. My BEC battery and mains battery share the same type of Dean's connector. Accidentally plugged my BEC (2S only) into the mains (6S) and all the magic smoke came out of gyro, receiver, and at least one of the servos. Argh!

New gyro on order. Switching over to 2.4 ghz for the receiver. Replaced the servo. And switching from a 2S only BEC to a 3-6S BEC and putting a JST connector on it, so I don't do the same stupid thing again.

Karen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in