Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default how to assemble this main rotor upgrade?

hi,
I have to assemble the blade grips on the belt cp main shaft.
it's a aluminum upgrade - it is not the stock plastic stuff - and I can't find directions in the manual.
I wonder if someone knows what's is the right disposition of the the bearings and o-rings on the feathering axis (the transverse axis that keep both grips together).
thanks a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ek5-0395_002.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	170870   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 056.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	170871   Click image for larger version

Name:	ek5-0395o_001.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	170872  
ReadyToCrash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not BEng familiar with the Belt's head any longer, bit they are all basically the same.

Roller bearing, (one piece), goes into each end of the grips. Thrust bearing, (3 pieces per side) gets grease, don't worry about which kind, then the cup side faces out to retain the grease. This installs on the inside of the grip. There is usually a spacer that goes between the thrust bearing and the grip, but not always. There is usually a washer of some sort that goes between the grip and the rubber dampner that goes into the head. Blue loctite on the bolts. Use two wrenches to tighten both bolts to the shaft at the same time, and do a good job of torqueing the bastards.
That's about it, really.
Hope this helps.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 to tom,,
however you may need to add some shims (really thin washers against the blade grips, same qty each side), if it binds when you have tightened the bolts. This is the best spot to put then so you can quickly add/remove as desired.
btw.. same technigue is used for main rotor blades as well, I believe
good luck ..

Last edited by chansen1953; 07-28-2010 at 10:59 PM.. Reason: spell
chansen1953 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010, 11:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good assembly guide here: http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/ESKY-CNC-...uild-Guide.asp
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2010, 03:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

hey guys,
thanks a lot indeed.
can I use Vaseline as grease?
thanks again.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sure, it's not like they move more than 10 degrees of rotation. I use white grease so I don't have to look at a black mess when it throws it out.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Don't see why not. As I discussed with Tom the other day, nothing on my helis ever even lasts long enough to suffer from wear and tear.

I think it make degrade the rubber dampeners in truth, but as I said I really never had a set long enough for any form of degredation to occur. Must be bad for rubber though, have you ever seen what it does to a condom?

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

God, Sutty, you damn near made me choke! Not too sure but I think condoms are latex, which is probably why you have issues, Sut. Hope you don't have any 'little mistakes' running around buddy.

Anyway, don't over lube the bearings, just work a little into the balls is all.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

h guys.. I use a silicone oil.. which I had a lot of trouble finding something easy to obtain..
I tried the silicone spray, but it is very thin and soon is spun off.
last week I found some silicone diff oil (used by the 4x4 model guys in their PLASTIC diffs !1) this stuff is quite thick, clear and comes in a 50mll bottle for about $7 i think.
I put it into a pin oiler, and it's just great for injecting into small and hard to reach areas.. AND it is thick enough to stay there for quite a while.
I rate this as a great find !!! - look for "silicone diff oil CS1000" at rc suppliers

Last edited by chansen1953; 07-29-2010 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: add ref
Old 07-29-2010, 11:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 to Chris, silicone oil is good. You can also get pure silcone grease (with the thicker consistancy of "normal" grease). You can get it in scuba diving shops (as it doesn't react with high-pressure air), sometimes in auto-parts stores as a lube for battery terminals, or for rubber spark plug caps to stop them sticking to the plugs (as it's safe to use on rubber, doesn't conduct electricity and is waterproof). Usually comes in a small tube or little plastic tub, but a little goes a long way.

Just don't get clear silicone sealant by mistake

Personally, I'd stay away from the vaseline
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 01:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyprusDave View Post
Personally, I'd stay away from the vaseline
Yeah, I also don't trust people that use vaseline...
Old 07-30-2010, 09:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomstoy2 View Post
God, Sutty, you damn near made me choke!
Just having a little fun. Hope you're okay.

Quote:
Not too sure but I think condoms are latex, which is probably why you have issues, Sut.
Not been having any issues personally, just saw it on the telly once, but why do they call them rubbers then?

Quote:
Hope you don't have any 'little mistakes' running around buddy.
Surely you mean little bundles of joy.

Was just thinking about the merits of vaseline whilst I was in the garage. I was contemplating a problem I had in the winter wereby the garage door had become difficult to open because the grease had gone extremely viscous in the cold. We had a spell of very cold weather. It busted my door opener and I had to get a new gear set for it and it came with low temperature grease. I wonder if that might potentially be an issue in helis in the depths of winter, making it yet another consideration when thinking of what grease to choose?

Cheers

Sut
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 06:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hi sutty.. yes vaseline and most comercial greases are petroleum based, which is not good for plastic parts. the problem is a lot of the store staff at auto places and hardware stores do not know what you are talking about when you ask for "non-mineral" based oils. Also the product packaging often does not tell the complete truth.. ie synthetic oils are not always mineral (or petroleum) free...
for now I am finally happy to have found a source of genuine silicone grease
btw-- copterx supply a small bottle of silocone grease with their kits, which is nice !

anyway-- I agree with Sutty.... I will never own a Heli long enough to actually suffer parts corrosion caused by the luubricant !! or even wear and tear caused by non-use of libricants !!
Old 07-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

hey guys,
thanks a lot.
i was suspicious that the word ''vaseline'' was going to cause such a controversy .
actually i just used vaseline because that's what I had at the moment.
during the assembling i found out that flybar that i bought as being "for belt cp v2" was actually thicker than the original one.
one can't see the difference with naked eyes but it was pretty hard to make the bar go thru everything it was supposed to.
i had to widen some holes with a drill.
is it normal?
thanks
Old 07-30-2010, 09:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

No
Old 07-31-2010, 02:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I heard that Tri Flow is good
http://www.readyheli.com/MINITRIFLOW...e_p_35506.html
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in