Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Multi Rotor Helicopters

Multi Rotor Helicopters Multi Rotor Helicopters Info and Support - Tandem, Quadcopters, Tricopters, Octocopters, and Hexacopters

Old 03-31-2014, 03:47 PM   #21
setishock
HF MR Support

I can verify that. When I upgraded the firmware in my Phantom it got wiped. There is a file you can download at DJI that has the default settings. You just import it to the assistant and then wirte it out to the NAZA by clicking the write tab.
Flew fine afterwards by the way.

Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Last edited by setishock; 03-31-2014 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: typo
setishock is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:05 PM   #22
Big Island Guy
HF MR Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
I can verify that. When I upgraded the firmware in my Phantom it got wiped. There is a file you can download at DJI that has the default settings. You just import it to the assistant and then wirte it out to the NAZA buy clicking the write tab.
Flew fine afterwards by the way.
That's exactly what I did and I should have mentioned that. Thanks seti!
Team Lavaquad |
Ainokea
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #23
WilNeuman
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploroman View Post
Take your unite to the country, bring a long USB cable to just in case. Go to a place where there is no magnetic interference. i.e., Cars, electric poles, rebar, etc, etc, etc.

Try to be 100 meters from your car or things like. Turn on the radio power up the aircraft and you should still get the yellow and red flashing light. But this time flick your 3-position flight mode switch 10 times. It should turn yellow. If it does, turn yellow you can calibrate the GPS/Compas. Note: this is a Compas issue not a GPS issue.

If this did not work open the Assistant and go to tools, see the Mod for Compas {3ed column / 3ed row} the numbers flashing should be between 750-2200. If the numbers are out of this range than power down the unit and take a magnet and circle the magnet around the compas 4 or 5 times about 3cm from the compas. Make sure to take the magnet away after you are done, like back to your car, only use the magnet if the compas mod numbers are out of wack.

Then try getting into GPS calibration mode again by flicking the 3-position flight mode switch back and forth 10 times again. If it works look at the compas mod numbers in tools, they should be around 1400~1600. This is why you should bring your laptop and and long cable. When not using any of this stuff take it away from the aircraft for the setup of the compas.

Hope this helps.
airbornemediapros.com
facebook.com/AirborneMediaPros

I have tried this set of directions but did not use the magnet since my GPS mod numbers are ok. and the compas numbers also appear to be in range. I have gone Manual to GPS 7, 8 12 times without the solid yellow LED. I have performed this calibration before without any problems and the usual 6 quick flicks. Any other suggestions? Go to the magnet around the GPS/Compas?T

Thanks
Wil.
WilNeuman is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Multi Rotor Helicopters

Multi Rotor Helicopters Multi Rotor Helicopters Info and Support - Tandem, Quadcopters, Tricopters, Octocopters, and Hexacopters