Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion

Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers and Other Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2006, 08:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Optic 6 glitching

Need to pick some brains......I have an Optic 6 that had the glitching problem. Gave it back to Hitec and they did the electrical tape around the spectra module repair. I personally feel that this is a poor fix and not good for Hitec's reputation. Anyway, I'm still having problems, and I heard that a single channel module available from Servo City cures the problem once and for all. Is anyone still having problems after installing the single channel module? I'm using Hitec's QPCM receiver in my Trex 600, but I'm losing confidence in this radio and becoming very nervous about flying it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ken
mrbassman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2006, 04:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

im using the single channel rf module in my optic 6 and a electron 6 RX in my 450 se and i get glitches like crazy. im how switching to a hitec qpcm reciver, i have rewired my heli 7 times now and i still get cutouts and glitches, i have crashed 4 time since i bought it a month and a half ago, all due to motor cut outs,
heliman420200 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

im close to taking a big hamer to this se,(my nitro bird sufferd this fate)
Old 11-08-2006, 05:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi heliman....I did put the single channel module in the transmitter, put some tape on the sides to tighten it up a bit in the case, and so far everything seems fine. I use the QPCM receiver in the 600, and theres plenty of room in that bird to have lots of separation between the electronics and the motor/battery/ESC. On my 450, I'm also using the Electron 6, (aka "glitchmaster"), and so far I have no problems, but I did re-wire the heli and put the ESC way up front outside the frame near the battery. Everything is ok so far. Programmed into the transmitter are my 450, 600, an electric glider and my simulator. If you use the antenna tube on the left side skids, put the ESC on the right side, if you're not already. I think when I recover financially from building the 600, I'm going to replace the transmitter, I just don't have confidence in it anymore. Motor cut outs just for a split second was one of the problems I also had. It's very nerve racking. Good Luck

Ken
mrbassman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2006, 02:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

hello. i have my heli wired so the battery is in the front on the sloping plate, esc right below it, and my reciver is in the back, whith the anntena running out the back, extended past the rear tail fin, so it's not touching any carbon fibre frame parts, and is away from all other wires, my esc cable runs separate from the rest of the wires, whith a ferrite ring with 6 turns on it right wher it goes to the reciver, this seems to be the best combination, i noticed that the electron 6 attracts interference, a couple of the guys at the local field were also using electron 6 rx in their trex's,all crashed, and all swithed to pcm, now they swear by it,i dont think the optic 6 is a bad radio, i know a guy who uses the optic to fly his raptor 50,and some people use it for their fixed wing aircraft with no problems,so i dont know whats going on here im now scared to fly my bird until i upgrade to pcm, i know somebody out there might say, why would you upgrade to pcm if you have not figured out whats causing the glithes, the pcm would only mask the problem, well iv'e done everything else, and i dont want to switch radios, so this is my final try.my conclusion is the optic 6 is not a bad radio, but i guess some people have better luck with them, while others have to suffer the problems

good luk man i hope it works out for you.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

hello. i have my heli wired so the battery is in the front on the sloping plate, esc right below it, and my reciver is in the back, whith the anntena running out the back, extended past the rear tail fin, so it's not touching any carbon fibre frame parts, and is away from all other wires, my esc cable runs separate from the rest of the wires, whith a ferrite ring with 6 turns on it right wher it goes to the reciver, this seems to be the best combination, i noticed that the electron 6 attracts interference, a couple of the guys at the local field were also using electron 6 rx in their trex's,all crashed, and all swithed to pcm, now they swear by it,i dont think the optic 6 is a bad radio, i know a guy who uses the optic to fly his raptor 50,and some people use it for their fixed wing aircraft with no problems,so i dont know whats going on here im now scared to fly my bird until i upgrade to pcm, i know somebody out there might say, why would you upgrade to pcm if you have not figured out whats causing the glithes, the pcm would only mask the problem, well iv'e done everything else, and i dont want to switch radios, so this is my final try.my conclusion is the optic 6 is not a bad radio, but i guess some people have better luck with them, while others have to suffer the problems

good luk man i hope it works out for you.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

sorry for the double post

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in